Print

Author Topic: who mario's parents are  (Read 25174 times)

lexc123

• EXPERT
« on: March 08, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
this also includes luigi & peach, maybe baby bowser too. If anyoe knows da answer, post! I'm dying to know!
MUST LOVE M&L

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 05:12:50 PM »
I don't think they had names, but Mr. and Mrs. Mario's feet can be seen in the ending of the Super NES version of Yoshi's Island.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

lexc123

• EXPERT
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 05:37:54 PM »
I wonder what their last names are......... Or do they even have one?
MUST LOVE M&L

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 06:27:39 PM »
I'm assuming Mario, like their sons.

Toad, SMA3 didn't have the feet?

lexc123

• EXPERT
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 06:49:43 PM »
Yeah, it did. I saw da ending an it did.
MUST LOVE M&L

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »
"Name."
"Mario."
"Last name."
"Mario!"
"And you?"
"Luigi."
"Luigi Luigi?"
"No, Luigi Mario."
"Okay, how many Marios are there between the two of you?"
"Three: Mario Mario and Luigi Mario."

It's canon, and it makes sense (They're called the Mario brothers. The Baldwin brothers aren't called the Alec brothers).

Their mother made two appearances on the live-action segments of the Super Show, and it was mentioned that her maiden name was Rigassi. I don't know of any sources for their first names, though (in my fanfics, I always called them Maria and Luke, but it turns out Mario and Luigi have an aunt named Maria, briefly alluded to in the SMB3 episode "Crimes R Us" and the book Doors to Doom).

We know from a mention in the movie that their father (Papa Mario) and his father (Grandpapa) were plumbers. At least one of their grandmothers (Grandma Mario; presumably paternal) is dead and buried in Newark -- her spirit was channeled by The Old Psychic Lady with the Evil Eye Who Reads Fortunes and Knows Everything Before it Happens. There was also a mention once of a "Grandma Mia", who made garlic chip cookies, and may or may not be the same person as Grandma Mario (Mia could be a name, or it could just be the Italian word for "my").

In Super Mario Issunboshi, an OVA based on a Japanese folk tale, Mario's father is seen (though is face is never fully shown), but because of the setting, it's less reliable evidence.

"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »
Toad, SMA3 didn't have the feet?

I don't know. I didn't play that one. I couldn't stand that they had given Yoshi his noises from Yoshi's Story.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2011, 04:54:58 AM »
As for Peach's parents:

King Toadstool appeared most often in the comic books, looking like this:

He looks somewhat Toad-like, though it was shown on at least a couple of occasions that his mushroom cap was a hat (and sometimes a cake). He was also seen in a coloring book, looking similar, though a bit more human:

A totally human (after re-evolution) depiction of the Mushroom King was seen in the movie (though in the movie, he was the father of Daisy, not Peach):

Of course, he spent most of the movie as the fungus covering the kingdom after being de-evolved by Koopa. Interestingly, in the novelization, the Mushroom King was called "King Bowser."

Side note: Peach and Daisy are cousins, confirmed in Prima's guide for Mario Kart Wii, which matters because Nintendo Power stopped making guides and Prima is now Nintendo's official guide-maker.

Nintendo's Mario Sunshine website said that Toadsworth is Peach's father. In Mario Superstar Baseball, Lakitu says to Peach, of Toadsworth, "Your grandpa?! Oh, pardon me! Venerable Toadsworth!" Draw from that what you may. Factor in the appearance of Peach's grandmother in SMRPG:

Also, here's some interesting SMB-era artwork that may or may not be somewhat official, depicting the King, possibly the Queen, and Peach with a mushroom cap:

By Baby Bowser do you mean Bowser Jr., the Koopa Kids from some Mario Parties, or the baby version of Bowser seen in Yoshi's Story, Yoshi's Island DS, and Partners in Time?

For Bowser himself, his mother was seen briefly on the Super Show, as seen below:

Bowser's father was mentioned in passing in the comics twice, and was apparently at least presumed to be alive at the time, as Bowser said he hoped to see him on TV on Kingdom's Most Wanted. He once told his son that "there's no problem too big to run away from." So yeah, Bowser probably has some issues. Common fanon is that Bowser's father's name is Morton, explaining why one of Bowser's children is Morton Jr.

Note that the Psychopath thought of the Magikoopa you fight as a boss in SMRPG (who is probably Kamek) is "That's... my child?" (presumably referring to Bowser) As seen in Yoshi's Island, Kamek seems to be something of a father figure to Bowser, though this is probably in the absence of his biological father.

Also note that, according to Ignorance is Bliss, Bowser has a younger sister who reads a lot.

As for Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, I have my own theories (which are also connected to my theories on the Koopa Kids from the Mario Parties), but there's very little to go on in the way of official sources. Nintendo Power UK was the first to posit the existence of "Clawdia Koopa" as the Koopalings' mother, and the movie gives us Lena as Bowser's wife/concubine/whatever, and the only other source is the ending of Sunshine, where Bowser tells Bowser Jr. that Peach is not his mother.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

lexc123

• EXPERT
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 05:50:05 PM »
thanx peeple. if ya hav any mor facts, post
MUST LOVE M&L

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 07:00:24 PM »
Also, here's some interesting SMB-era artwork that may or may not be somewhat official, depicting the King, possibly the Queen, and Peach with a mushroom cap:

Koopas as evil ducks? Oh, man.  Yeah, Peach's parents are (obviously) the King and Queen, 'course. Mario and Luigi were born to the unnamed couple in Yoshi's Island. Baby Bowser IS Bowser, which hasn't been revealed. Don't ask about Bowser Jr, either.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 08:16:19 PM »
WHY IS THIS INFORMATION NOWHERE ON TMK?!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

lexc123

• EXPERT
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 08:32:31 PM »
weegee, (whatever) this is the only topic about mario's parents. thats why
MUST LOVE M&L

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 10:25:33 PM »
King Koopa looks dead sexy in that pink dress.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2011, 01:29:27 AM »
That.. lovely creature is actually his mom..

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2011, 03:09:37 AM »
Wow, that old SMB artwork is pretty surreal. Bowser appears to have ears and a horn, and early Peach looks pretty adorable with that mushroom cap.

Since CrossEyed brought it up, I'll mention my personal fanon that Peach's mother was a human and her father was a Toad, if only because kids in the Mushroom World are known to look exactly like only one of their parents (i.e. DK Jr. looks like his father, Bowser Jr. looks like his father, etc.). Her grandma in SMRPG is on her father's side (and the same could be said of the grandpa Lakitu mentioned in MSB).

While I'm on this tangent I'll add that I've recently decided that the Koopalings are Bowser's nephews and niece in an attempt to compromise the previous references to being his children with NSMBWii only ever referring to them as his "underlings". If anything, it explains why they all look different and why Morton has the Jr. at the end of his name; Bowser has a brother named Morton.

Print