Poll

Tiers?

They exist and are a major factor in the outcome of a Brawl.
They exist, but player skill will always have more impact.
They exist, but only under the conditions set by competetive players (no items, Final Destination only, etc.)
They don't exist.
Print

Author Topic: Tires don exits?  (Read 13105 times)

Sqrt2

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 05:49:47 AM »
Spelling incorrectly deliberately is not cool.

Tell that to the rest of the Internet.

Anyway, I don't believe that tiers exist.
AA fanboy and proud!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 09:09:57 AM »
But really, how can that be said? The Brawl characters are different enough that you'd just as easily be trying to say for sure that a person grocery shopping is being just as productive as a person mowing a lawn. So different.

Which is why tiers are as valid as they are; the characters being so different from each other, it stands to reason that some characters have inherent traits that give them advantages against some and disadvantages against others.   In my opinion, the best argument for tiers is that it's impossible to balance 35 completely different characters such that there are none of the aforementioned advantages.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2009, 09:43:28 AM »
It is my experience that tires, in all observable habitats, have never donned exits. It is very hard to wear a door.
That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 07:14:58 PM »
They don't exist.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2009, 05:20:58 PM »
I'm having trouble understanding the concept of tiers, so I can't really say whether or not they exist.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2009, 05:35:16 PM »
Spelling incorrectly deliberately is not cool.

uncorrictly

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009, 09:28:33 AM »
Tiers do exist, but skill is way more important than tiers though.
Victory... is my destiny!

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009, 05:08:27 PM »
I've never used tier lists. They are meaningless to me I don't see how a list of how characters are currently doing helps anyone.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009, 07:55:19 AM »
I feel special.

No one is going to believe me, but I was the one who started this whole conspiracy :p

Gamefaqs was full of these people building these useless tier lists so I decided to step in and ruin it by making a thread named "There is no such thing as tiers." Here it is:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=43474943

Since then, I continued pushing the crap and soon enough, even more people started spreading the rumor around and I couldn't be happier.

It's just like with that whole EV training system nonsense on Pokemon. Just play the game folks, don't kill your brain building tier lists and making your Pokemon the absolute best. It makes you very nerdy and un-articulate.

More "tiers don't exist" threads.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/search.php?search=tiers+don%27t+exist&board=928518
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 08:02:06 AM »
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN
every

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009, 08:28:41 AM »
I... proved it...

Look at the date of the thread I posted. June 08. I dare you to find an earlier post suggesting tiers don't exist.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009, 09:03:05 AM »
Yeah, no.

People have been claiming tiers "don't exist" since Melee, and I can only assume since the original as there is a tier list for that as well.

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »
What Black Mage said. There's a tier list for the original too and people tried to disprove it. Maybe not en masse, but still.

The original tier list looks like this:

1. Pikachu
2. Kirby
3. Ness
4. Fox
5. Captain Falcon
6. Jigglypuff
7. Mario
8. Yoshi
9. Donkey Kong
10. Luigi
11. Samus
12. Link

Also, do you ever stop complaining about Wario Ware Wario? That tier list topic had nothing to do with Wario Ware Wario and YOU STILL complained about him.

People who say tiers don't exist have never played at the competitive level against players who devote their entire day to improving their game. Sorry, that's the way it is.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 12:15:27 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2009, 01:05:26 PM »
If it makes you feel better, I hate Donkey Konga even more. I just haven't been open about it yet for some reason. And if you think that was bad, look here.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=45278878
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:10:36 PM by Tv_Themes »

Print