Print

Author Topic: Gameing Ideas  (Read 2693 times)

« on: October 09, 2001, 01:35:20 PM »
Say, I know most of you know that I'm making a mario game, so this is a place where you can post Ideas to put in my game (ie Mario Polo an idea which I like). But dont just post and say something like" I'd like to see Mario play Football" go into detail with like what things could be used to "Marioize" the game or such. Well I guess you get the idea.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2001, 04:12:37 PM »
uh? will it be a platform? If so, I really would see one featuring both block-bashing and enemy picking 'n' throwing a la smb2.
One night I dreamt I was playing a mario game where I could hit ? blocks and get mushrooms, pick up items from the grass, and throw vegetables to koopa troopas....  wow

what kind of game are you going to make? let us know

It's-a penalty kick!

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2001, 06:44:06 PM »
im glad you liked my mario polo idea. instead of riding horses, the players ride yoshis. but bowser would probably give yoshi a hernia!

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2001, 08:30:31 PM »
Its going to be completely 3D like Super Mario 64, but its going to be an RPG in fact its name is going to be: Super Mario RPG: The Final Chapter

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2001, 05:20:07 AM »
well if bowsers the bad guy make him the sinister kind like in the cartoons, not that pathetic whiner who took up bulling to handly his low self esteem, or a mindless monster that nintendo seems to be makeing him into.

"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog
"I''ll never look back, I''''ve got no regrets. ''Cause time doesn''''t wait for me...I choose to go my own way." - Sonic the Hedgehog

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2001, 01:45:04 PM »
Oh, weird, CeleTheRef.
I've been working on a Mario game that's bringing back the item/enemy throwing of SMB2 along with things from other Mario games.
It's far from finished, but I hope it'll be successful.

Marionut#1, complete 3D?
Are you programming this in straight C or something?  Such a game could have potential if you can pull it off...

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2001, 03:09:18 PM »
Yuck, maybe the game I was dreaming about was created by YOU....  I'm looking fwd for playing it IRL, I had a really positive prewiev.

I know nothing about programming, but I am a great fan of Mario platforms, so I could help you with general ideas and stuff.

A few thing I was wondering about Mario:
-Why he does grow up with mushrooms? Plus I am afraid those mushrooms are poisonous (red with white dots..hum..)  Since he's Italian (as I am) he should grow up by eating pasta or pizza...  :P  yum

- He played a lot of sports, but he missed soccer... how can an Italian miss it?  And tought he started kicking stuff since Mario Bros....

However, tell me updated with your game, I'm really curious!

It's-a penalty kick!

Cele the Ref

Cele the Ref

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2001, 07:58:54 AM »
C'mon guys we cant let this topic die. I know you guys out there have always wanted to edit things you saw in Mario games etc.

It''s a me Marionut#1
It's-a me, Marionut#1!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2001, 06:46:42 PM »
Here's what I'd like to see: A game where Smithy somehow comes back to life, makes new giant swords, crashes them into Bowser's castle again and also Peach's and Wario's castles. Mario, luigi, Peach, Wario team up to go stop Smithy. Eventually Mallow and Geno get involved and Bowser too. and Toad and Yoshi maybe.
PS- Your game sounds like it will be great, can't wait to see it!

Edited by - goodie on 10/20/2001 5:48:02 PM
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2001, 10:46:03 PM »
i think there's some sort of ball kicking in Mario Sunshine. it shows him kicking something in the video on ign.com

It's not a matter of optimism or pessimism, it's a matter of common sense! (half empty or half full?)

Print