Print

Author Topic: Yoshi's Story help...  (Read 3307 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« on: April 02, 2001, 10:12:19 AM »
I know many of you think Yoshi's Story is an incredibly easy game, but I think otherwise.

Achem...

How do you open up all four (4) levels in each page? After I complete one level, the page turns and I go to a new page... But I can't go back to the old page unless I restart the game...

~Opens up a box of Super Mario Bros. Cereal- "Congratulations! You have just won a Sony PlayStation, courtesy of your friends at Nintendo!"
"Huh? Am I reading this right?"~
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2001, 09:22:21 PM »
That's how it works.  There's no way (as far as I know) to go back pages without beating the game or clearing the continue data.  In order to open every single level, only one per page can be cleared in a single run-through.  You've got to play through the game at least four times, but if you plan the path correctly (including the number of hearts gotten in a level) you won't have to repeat any one level.

If you can heal the symptoms and not affect the cause
It''s quite a bit like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze
If you instead attempt to wrest the pistol from the hand
Then I would not be able to equate my life with sand
Go Moon!

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2001, 06:56:56 PM »
Its Simple! (like the game) If you have all of Page 1: Do the easiest level for the 3 Happy Hearts If not do each one each time u finish, Then do that for each page and u got all 24 levels!

Wow i am being helpful today!!

Happy? IMPOSTER...I Never Use H word!!!
Happy? IMPOSTER...I Never Use H word!!!
"Welcome to a Game Guy Minigame! First i must take all you coins! (-X Coins) Ok We''re Off to the Game Guy Game Room! So hang on tight because it''s going to be a rough ride!"~ Sheesh! I gotta stop playing the Shyguy Games!!

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2001, 05:54:48 PM »
The only thing tough about Yoshi's Story is being able to handle the "most annoying song in the world" every time you finish a level and it tells its stupid happy-happy short story.

But for all you unfortunate Yoshi's Story owners out there, here's a REAL easy way to make the game hard for you:

Get all 30 melons in every stage.

Without using the Player's Guide (you probably don't have one, but after you realize how tough this goal is, you'll be wanting one).

It's tough even with the guide!

Peaceful penguins, demented dragons and growling griffins, oh my.
You didn't say wot wot.

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2001, 06:37:41 PM »
Yeah, getting 30 mellons in every stage is tough, but more in the insufferable way.

Each melon has to be found, which usually means sniffing about every pixel of the huge, empty levels.  Then, there are things like the melon stacks, which become nigh impossible on the later stages.

It's simply TEDIOUS in trying to locate that very last melon in each stage and quite IRRITATING when a single, tiny mistake (i.e. one single death, missing a melon stack/race, not knowing that a paramelon won't respawn after it hits the ground, or that paramelons even exist, getting hit while eating a melon so it falls off the screen) will mean that one has to reset the game and try the entire level over.  There are too many aspects of that game that make it an annoying play.
Oh, Nintendo, you could've done so much better...

But enough ranting.  Yes:  getting 30 melons in every stage is a difficult task.

Aid
Go Moon!

Print