Poll

When do you want Mario Party 9 to come out? (assuming it's completed when it comes out)

Now!
3 (9.7%)
In a few months
3 (9.7%)
6 months - a year
8 (25.8%)
Hopefully in more than a year
11 (35.5%)
Never!
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 9?  (Read 40382 times)

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2008, 05:17:40 AM »
Who else bets the Wii balance board will be apart of mario party 9 in some kind of way.

I hope and think so! =D
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2008, 09:51:47 PM »
Cough* Smithy, Geno, Mallow *cough
When they have the legal ability to use the characters (though Geno did appear briefly in M&L).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2008, 09:55:15 PM »
So they do have the legal ability to use the characters?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2008, 11:45:01 PM »
No, they don't. Not without Square's agreement.
That was a joke.

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2008, 12:33:46 AM »
So how did they use him in "M&L"?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2008, 12:38:44 AM »
With Square's agreement.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2008, 08:38:43 AM »
Not to mention M&L was developed by Alpha Dream, which is comprised of ex-Square personnel, some of whom worked on SMRPG.
That was a joke.

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2008, 08:03:17 PM »
now this is just my opinion but, they should make mario party 9 just like the other mario partys and have it relaesed sometime next year, but then, with mario party 10 they make it with all the minigames revised so they get rid of the analog stick injury thing so you can't injure yourself and they should release it on there 10th annaversary! perfect!
can I take a bite of your snout?

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »
Didn't we have a thread like this? I thought the common answer was "Easy: Don't release another Mario Party." Has Mario Party really become the Madden of party games? It'd make about as much sense to see Mario Party 2009 (or, sorry, 2010 since it's always a year ahead of the year that it's released... that always confused me) as the next title.

The only Mario Party game I'd seriously consider is one that includes EVERY minigame from the previous entries, with or without the upgraded-graphics duplicates (Bumper Balls is just as good on MP1 as MP2. Mario Bandstand only really caught my interest in MP1). If WarioWare can have 200+ microgames, then it's high time that Mario Party had 200+ minigames. Or even cut out the board together and just have minigame after minigame flying at you.

I forgot, out of the first four Mario Parties that I've played, the one with the best boards, best presentations, best screens, (some of) the best music... would have to be the first one. Whatever happened to seeing characters on top of towers of coins at the end of each minigame?

But I could do without every single minigame that requires rotating the control stick as fast as you can. Mario Party 2 had that, when winding up the Shy Guy toys. For shame, I thought it was supposed to turn away from that. I don't care if that means I don't get to see the cool scenery of the Paddle Battle minigame, I don't want it. Tug-o'-War is the worst minigame anyone could ever come up with. And yet didn't that appear in the sequel too?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2008, 08:45:56 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2008, 09:06:59 PM »
I agree with Penguinwizard, but I could do without those button mashing mini-games. 

There should be more than 6 boards per Party, they should have retro boards along with some new boards.  They should also have a board editor.  Another thing that must come back are the costumes from Mario Party 2, they were one of the many things that made MP2 so memorable. I also hate the items in recent Mario Parties, they used too be unique and helpful without being too powerful, now, they are way too common, overpowered, and just not as cool.  I think the mini-game island should return also, along with betting duels instead of the wheel duels.
Victory... is my destiny!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2008, 09:10:51 PM »
I also hate the items in recent Mario Parties, they used too be unique and helpful without being too powerful, now, they are way too common, overpowered, and just not as cool.
Welcome to Mario Kart-a!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2008, 09:14:02 PM »
Another thing that must come back are the costumes from Mario Party 2, they were one of the many things that made MP2 so memorable.

yes, the costumes should come back.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2008, 09:45:50 PM »
They should...not be released

« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2008, 09:49:44 PM »
Hey! I already made this thread!
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2008, 10:18:47 PM »
what, my stuff was added to jmdblazer's? heh? i'm so confused!

Print