Poll

When do you want Mario Party 9 to come out? (assuming it's completed when it comes out)

Now!
3 (9.7%)
In a few months
3 (9.7%)
6 months - a year
8 (25.8%)
Hopefully in more than a year
11 (35.5%)
Never!
6 (19.4%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Print

Author Topic: Mario Party 9?  (Read 40384 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2008, 11:56:21 AM »
I thought it was in response to the guy who posted before him.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2008, 01:05:00 PM »
What is that image anyway, a brain-dead moose?
I just googled "slack jawed" and that's what came up. So technically it's not my picture.

« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2008, 11:17:18 PM »
They SHOULD make a Mario Party9! Infact, They should atleast go up to a Mario Party15!........ I'd like that.

In Mario Party 9, I hope they don't go and go and put wild characters like Petey Piranha, Goomba, Koopa, Chain Chomp, and that huge block. Those kind of characters!  (Don't put)
They should put Diddy Kong in the family. They should even add Baby Peach, Baby Daisy, Baby DK, Baby Wario, and they should make new Princesses. Or even characters like how Wario and Mario and Waluigi and Luigi are. Opposites of Daisy and Peach. I so wish they'd do that.

MARIO PARTY 9 !!!!

It's really hard to tell if some of these posts are jokes or not.

« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2008, 01:56:47 PM »
I don't think more characters is what the Mario Party series needs right now.
Victory... is my destiny!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2008, 06:55:23 PM »
Well, that's pretty much all it's got going for it at this point. Then again, the Wii Balance Board and Wii MotionPlus should allow them to throw in some new junk...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2008, 07:44:42 PM »
I forgot, out of the first four Mario Parties that I've played, the one with the best boards, best presentations, best screens, (some of) the best music... would have to be the first one. Whatever happened to seeing characters on top of towers of coins at the end of each minigame?

But I could do without every single minigame that requires rotating the control stick as fast as you can. Mario Party 2 had that, when winding up the Shy Guy toys. For shame, I thought it was supposed to turn away from that. I don't care if that means I don't get to see the cool scenery of the Paddle Battle minigame, I don't want it. Tug-o'-War is the worst minigame anyone could ever come up with. And yet didn't that appear in the sequel too?

MP2 did do away with the rotation games. Instead, you destroy buttons on your controller by pressing them as fast as you can. These button mashers have been abundaunt in nearly every MP game since MP2.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2008, 10:30:18 PM »
But I could do without every single minigame that requires rotating the control stick as fast as you can. Mario Party 2 had that, when winding up the Shy Guy toys. For shame, I thought it was supposed to turn away from that.

actually, you press A and B at the same time in that minigame, not rotate the controler stick, I recently bought the game so I would know...
can I take a bite of your snout?

« Reply #97 on: August 16, 2008, 10:48:28 AM »
Weren't they stopped being called "Bloobers" after SMB?

And I like "Blooper" better than "Bloober".

Blooper, as a type of enemy, is a good name. But Bloober as a single Blooper characer is a good name too.

« Reply #98 on: August 16, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »
Bloober the Blooper sounds like a Paper Mario character.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2008, 12:46:20 PM »
The Mario Party franchise needs to slow down. They need to take more time and put thought into improving and innovating the series. Honestly, it's just been the same old stuff since it started. Unless the next game has Wifi, I'm not going near it.
No image sigs? =(

« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2008, 09:47:22 PM »
it's just been the same old stuff since it started.
that's not true, the graphic advances, the new charecters, the microphone functionality, and don't forget the wii remote functionality, those were all new things.

« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2008, 10:32:58 PM »
Graphics hardly changed at all. The new characters are usually lame. The mic has been in since the fifth or sixth.

I have nothing on the Wii remote.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2008, 12:17:31 AM »
The new characters could be worse (Baby Daisy, Baby Donkey Kong.)  And I think the mic been in the 6th and 7th Mario Party.  I would really like it if Nintendo gets rid of those miserable button-mashing games.  I also would like those presents from MP4 to return, but make them interactive also.  Wifi would be a very welcome addition and they could make mini-games that make use of the Wii Crossbow, Wii Wheel, or something Wii related.
Victory... is my destiny!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2008, 07:44:27 AM »
and don't forget the wii remote functionality, those were all new things.
As if there would be a Wii game without motion control at any point whatsoever. Despite what Nintendo would have you believe, using the prime function of a controller/console does not grant you a "Get Out of Using Any Other Creative Ideas Free" card. By that logic, which I don't fault you for but feel an urge to address, the use of the X and Y buttons in MP4-8 should be seen as a remarkable innovation in the series.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2008, 09:41:28 AM »
I also would like those presents from MP4 to return.

that's another thing, presents.

Print