Print

Author Topic: Things that scare you, or used to.  (Read 5817 times)

« on: July 01, 2005, 06:36:10 PM »
Yeah, I've been thinking alot lately(not always a good thing) but I have been wondering this one question.  What scares you the most?

Heres my list, most of it was crap I thgought of when I was little.  Most of the stuff I'm over with

Used to be scared of
-E.T.(Bad dreams)
-That stupid chucky doll(I saw the movie when I was a little too young)
-I used to think people lived undernieth the shower, thats why I never put my feet on the drain, because I thought if I did, the people would grab my feet.
-I used to read u.f.o books in school, then when I whent to sleep I would think of the crazy stories in them.
-I used to be afraid of going downstairs, and if I had to, I would run up the stairs as fast as I could when I was done.
--------------------------------------------
These are the things I'm still kind of afraid of

-I still leave my bedroom door open at night, in fear of being asassinated(spelling?)
-a little afraid of the dark
-abduction (normal, or paranormal)

Al Pacino came out of the theater...  Bruce Willis came out of the T.V...  But Mel Gibson, came out of nowhere.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 07:07:58 PM »
Used to be scared of:

-The basement.  I would run back up as fast as possible, and my footsteps would sound like a giant monster chasing me!  OH NO!
-Lord Voldemort.  That creepy evil guy from Harry Potter.  I used to leave my door open and always thought I would see him standing at the doorway, or at the foot of my bead, staring at me.
-It.  That really creepy clown guy.  He was the worst.  I'm still creeped out about him, actually.
-Aliens.  Are they really out there?  To this day, I'm still not sure.  Maybe...
-Okay, I'm gonna say it...I used to have this board game, where you played an ant, and the ant was on an ant-eaters tounge.  You would have to try to get off the tounge as the game continued on, but I was so scared of the ant-eater, I would grab the ants while my family was playing it and run away.
-E.T. (yes, me as well.  that thing was just so creepy!)
-Evil robots that have come to kill me!
-The Dark

What I am afraid of:

-Serial killers and murderers.  You know.  That old chestnut.
-Spiders.  I swear I have aractnaphobia (however you spell it) which is the fear of spiders, obviously.
-Being the last person on Earth (and hear a knock at my door).

"Lord Bowser, do you like egg salad?" ~ Kammy Koopa - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 07:39:39 PM »
What I was afriad of:

Grey Aliens (the ones with large heads, big black eyes, and small bodies): I first saw one when I saw the cover of the book Communionat the age of four. I didn't scream or anything, but for a few weeks I  crawled into my parents' bed instead of sleep alone. Later when I was eight or so, I saw the movie Communion, and scream when I saw the alien. I was deathly afriad of it for a year or so until I got over it.

ET-How can people say he was cute? He's creepy!

Vacuum cleaners--I have a scary dream where I got sucked into one. I was about four then.

What I'm still afriad of:
Being abducted my aliens. Of course I read up, and still read about "true" UFO stories and UFO abductions. Alot of evidence says it's unlikely we're being abducted, but if I'm up late at night, I still feel afraid to fall aseelp, or else get abducted and have breedign experiments done on me!

Roller Coaster--I can't stand them @_@!

Random Manga Quote:
"How can I be in love with a girl who crams bamboo sticks up her nose?!"--Chiharu Eniwa. Girl Got Game volume 7.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 07:42:44 PM »
Used to be scared of:

-Spiders.  I'd imagine them under my bed sheets at night and I'd sleep on the couch for like a week if I saw one on the wall.  Now they're no problem, but turantulas are still kinda creepy.
-Skeletons.  They were so... skeletal.  Then one day I just didn't fear them.  No idea how or why.
-Those stupid games my mind comes up with.  Like, there was this one where I imagine a shark tearing through the floorboards really fast, and you have to jump onto a peice of furniture before it touches you, or you die.  Or the really freaky one where the Brain-Andross from StarFox64 comes up the stairs really fast, and I had to run up and get into my room before I imagined it would catch/kill me.  And then that strange one where when I'm in a car on the highway and trees are casting shadows on different parts, and I had to hold my breath while the car drove through the sunlight, and I could only take breaths when I'm in a quick shadow.  None of these games mattered, I just did them like routines.  Then I found out I had bipolar--just kidding.
-Myself.  Hey, it was the beginning of adolescence.  I'm over it for now, it's an on/off thing.

Now afraid of:

-Turantulas, KIND of.  At least I feel more tranquil after seeing one recently at a pet shop.  It was kinda cute, in a "big hairy spider" kinda way.
-Addiction.  It's an ugly thing.
-Roller coasters.  I'll ride one of those smaller ones without loopedy-loops, but I just don't feel like getting on those big loopy twirly ones.

I better cut you off here, taking an overdose of Markio can be dangerous.

Edited by - Markio on 7/1/2005 6:48:38 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 03:10:01 PM »
Used to be scared of:

A show called Dark Shadows. (not scared of it anymore.)

Looooong hallways in the DARK. o_o

Currently scared of:

The dark (sometimes) -_-

This is gonna sound weird......TV static. Makes me think of The Ring. Or if I walk into a room and imediately see the TV screen and the reflection of me and the rest of the room. (I'm afraid I'm gonna see something behind me move! O_O Like in The Ring.) But I still LOVE that movie.

EDIT: *sigh* AND I guess Im afraid of walking into a dark room, turning on the light and seeing Samara. (Or seeing her behind me in the reflection of a mirror)

I'm pathetic. -_- :P

The citizens of Gotham city are definantly on something. o_O

Edited by - OrangeYoshi15 on 7/4/2005 2:15:58 PM
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2005, 08:59:41 PM »
I am very scared of spiders!

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2005, 10:31:42 PM »
Snakes.I've never liked snakes.
The wicked witch of the west (from the Wizard of Oz) She's creeped me out ever since I saw a wax statue of her in a wax museum when I was little.
Teletubbies. Bad dream.
Furby. It kept talking to me.
Horror movies in general (with the exception of zombie movies)
I'm claustrophobic.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2005, 12:05:30 AM »
Used to be afraid of:

Styrofoam heads for wigs (the lack of facial features really creeped me out)
Mannequins (still creepy cuz they look like people)
The movie, Poltergeist (saw it too young)

Afraid of now:

People coming up silently behind me and then just talking,
Movies with satanic rituals.

-- Trickman Terry
-- Trickman Terry

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2005, 12:06:53 AM »
Used to be afraid of:

The dark.
Monsters.
A particularly mean teacher.
A lot of stereotypical kid crap.

I am now afraid of:

No afterlife.
Nuclear war.
Dieing without ever feeling true love.
My own mind.(It can be a dark place at times....trust me)

Ain't it great to grow up!

Edited by - CashCrazed on 7/4/2005 11:09:44 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2005, 01:52:19 PM »
wasn't there already a topic on this not too long ago?

YOSHIS RULE
OH SNAP, It's White Arrow!

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 05:27:01 AM »
I used to be scared of ice-cubes made of milk. Weird.
Nintendo rules.

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 02:35:40 PM »
Blahahahhahahahaha!

"That Mormon almost destroyed my left hand." ~TEM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 03:39:42 PM »
Fundamentalist Christians. Well, the stereotypical ones, at least. Lump Social Conservatives in there, also.

I also have an irrational fear of failing at anything.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 04:53:50 PM »
Things that used to scare me were...

-The Dark
-A lady in school who I'd always thought she'd punch me
-Flashbacks
-the deep end of the pool
-other ladies when I had a crush on a paticular one

Things that still scare me (or recently started to scare me are...

-When people speak of love too much (meaning giving graphic detail)
-Being tickled
-when people swear (I don't mind when they do it on Ben Stien's Money for some reason)
-being explained about the human body in social skills (certian parts to be excat)
-Women on the beach, pool, etc (with bathing suits)
-When Ray C. replaced Richard Dawnson as the host of Family Feud due to the fact that he made the show a little to civilized
-when people do drugs, smoke and drink

"We''re sorry you didn''t win any money, but you will be receiving a broken clavicle and a jar of olives courtesy of Match Game"-Gene Rayburn

Edited by - Tingrio on 7/12/2005 3:55:39 PM
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 05:54:52 PM »
I used to be scared of:
dark
ugly people
monsters
teachers
spiders

I guess I'm pretty much afraid of everything I feard as a child, except for monsters, teachers, and mabey ugly people. I don't fear UFO, aliens, ghosts, or any of that stuff, cause I'm pretty sure they're not real. As for life after death, it's simply a matter of belief. The truth is out there.

"Rockin Robots, Dr. Light!"~Megaman
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print