Print

Author Topic: Mario golf toadstool tour secret characters  (Read 11781 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2003, 08:52:01 PM »
Weird... Toad seems to be being left out of a lot of games recently...

Eccentricity is my goal. "The stupidest thing I’ve ever heard just came out of Lizard Dude’s typing hands."
That was a joke.

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2003, 09:11:42 AM »
Well at least Toad got a cameo in MG:TT.
Please tell me how to unlock the secret characters!

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2003, 11:58:08 AM »
I found it strange how Diddy Kong was in the game. I mean, instead of putting him in it, why not put Toad in it, and then spend time trying to make a good Donkey Kong Country-esque game for the 'Cube? Personally, I miss that game. And Donkey Kong 64 just didn't cut it.

See how the mustache hides the slightly sad smile... and the sideburns, portraying his simple, blue-collar roots... and his legs, thick, wide, the legs of the masses!
Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2003, 12:20:00 PM »
why won't anyone tell me how to unlock the secret characters!

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2003, 02:33:02 PM »
Why should Toad be a hidden character?!?!?!? He sucks! He should be a normal character but not a hidden character. He is the most annoying Mario character for me.

Mom:Honey, what is that loud sound? Me:Uh, nothing, Mom! *goes back to smashing X-Box*
Deezer was here.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2003, 02:54:45 PM »
Most things that have mouths *do* suck, as  vacuum cleaners do, too.

Seriously, saying that will not get people to agree with you; it just makes you look immature and unintelligent. No offense intended to you.  Try to make a valid point of *why* you do not like something, not simply just insulting it.

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2003, 05:09:32 PM »
Hey everybody! Shadow Luigi lied to us all. I just unlocked a new character, one that he didn't mention.

Boo- max drive 203ft.; slices the ball(same slice as Bowser); To unlock- get 50 Best Bages(birdies)

If you don't believe me all you have to do is watch the opening sequence. It shows Boo foating around Birdo's head, with a golf club in his hand.

Edited by - Dr. Mario on 8/2/2003 4:10:00 PM

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2003, 06:09:01 PM »
Bi-post

Hamster Sauce!

Edited by - Markio on 8/2/2003 5:09:37 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2003, 06:09:02 PM »
Don't be such a Mister Blister, Toad does have a cameo appearance.  He gives instructions on how to putt and askes,"Are you ready to play?", after you select the courses and stuff.

Hamster Sauce!

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2003, 10:32:42 PM »
I got the game today and saw Boo with a club and didn't remember him being mentioned here, and I also figure that Shy Guy is a character b/c in the screen where you receive a tournament trophy, Koopa, Boo, and Shy Guy are in the back ground cheering.  (At least he has a model).  And it's good to know that my Best Badges are not going to waste.

« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2003, 12:00:53 PM »
Bowser Jr, Boo, Shadow Mario, and Petey Piranha are the secret characters.

Here is a list of cameos: Toad, Chain Chomp, Shy Guy, Bullet Bill, Bob-omb, Piranha Plant, Para-troopa, Lakitu, Thwomp, King Bob-omb, and Whomp...and Bowser's Koopa Klown Car.  There is also a statue of Toadsworth in the Mushroom Kingdom level.  Let me know if I left anything out.

The only complaint I have with the game is that Bowser Jr IS Shadow Mario in Mario Sunshine...so how is it possible to play as both characters?!  It's just like Camelot's screw-up with the first Mario Golf where you can be Mario, Metal Mario, and Baby Mario.  Oh well.  I agree it would have been better to have Toad or Toadsworth as a unlockable extra (instead of Shadow Mario).  And since Rare was sold off to Microsoft, Diddy Kong became an official Mario character...and that is why he is in Golf TT and in Kart Double Dash.

« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2003, 12:04:50 PM »
Now tell us now to unlock them.

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2003, 12:09:37 PM »
Okay bro, here:

Bowser Jr. - Beat the 18 Hole Birdie Challenge

Boo - Get 50 Birdie Badges in Tournament Mode

Petey - Beat the three other Side Challenges (the ones in the chest with Birdie Challenge)

Shadow Mario - Beat Ring Mode completely

The credits are pretty cool too.  You must completely beat Tournament to see it.

Good luck! :)

Bowser Jr.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2003, 01:48:11 PM »
What are birdie badges?

Hamster Sauce!

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2003, 02:04:40 PM »
Sorry, I meant to put Best Badges.  If you get a Birdie or better in TOURNAMENT mode, then you get a badge for that specific course.  Once you received 50 of these badges, Boo gets unlocked.  The best part, you do not need to play through the entire tournament to get Badges.  You can play one course, get the badge, and quit...and you'll get to keep it.  You can check out your badge list under the Records menu.

Also, I forgot to mention the vulture in the cameos list above.  The vulture character is in the Shifting Sands course of Mario Golf TT...and was previously in DKC and the desert world of Super Mario 64.

-Bowser Jr

Print