Print

Author Topic: G4 has it all wrong..  (Read 4195 times)

« on: April 02, 2007, 05:45:09 PM »
I saw the G4 show Cheat, and they had a quick tip for Super Mario World..

If you go through the goal at the end of each level when the last two digits of the timer matches the digit in the tens place on your star counter, you get extra points (ie: 42 stars means going through when your time looks like x44, where x is any number).

They also said that if you go through carrying an item, that item will become another 1-Up, but the video clearly showed that when Mario carried an item through the 2 goals that they were showing, the item became a Super Mushroom and was stored in the box at the top of the screen.

G4 didn't say this, but the items become something depending on how powered up Mario is, and if he has an item in reserve.. I can't remember exactly how it went, but I do remember that some special items (keys and Baby Yoshies) become 1-Ups when carried through the goal, no matter how powered up Mario is.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 05:50:38 PM »
Since when has G4 been right? Probably before they merged with Tech TV; ever since this event, G4 has really been awful.

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 05:54:53 PM »
Yeah, Morgan Webb and Adam whatshisface are terrible game reviewers. They spend more time making very stale jokes rather than review the game.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 07:20:43 PM »
People still watch G4?

Funny, I thought people stopped caring about 2 years ago.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 07:22:41 PM »
Most people say TechTV was good before G4 ate it. I never heard G4 was actually good.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 07:25:15 PM »
I enjoyed it when it was the "video game network," not the "omg spike TV ninjas man show cops explosions cheaters etc. network." Some of the old G4 shows like early Filter, and Portal were great.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 08:28:44 PM »
Bah, I knew G4 sucked since before I joined here.

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 08:30:09 PM »
People still watch G4?

Funny, I thought people stopped caring about 2 years ago.

I don't watch it all that often. I was just checking a few channels that I used to watch since I don't have cable at my apartment, and happened to catch that they were covering SMW next, so I watched that.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 08:37:34 PM »
G4 isn't very good, but I like Cinematech.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 09:02:41 PM »
Most people say TechTV was good before G4 ate it. I never heard G4 was actually good.
* Luigison is most people.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 07:44:30 AM »
Cinematech and Ninja Warrior are pretty good, but everything else...

Also, TechTV was awesome before it was devoured.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 08:22:45 AM »
I'm starting to figure the only way they get people to watch that show is by making them think they're supposed to think it's funny/cool. I know that's what happened to me for a while *bonks self over head for not being sentient enough*

On a somewhat similar note, real gamers don't get game tips from Disney Adventures, Boy's Life, and the back of Lunchables boxes laden with Yoshi stock art.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Sunbun

• Tapcap
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 02:03:04 AM »
As an X-Play chat moderator, I can honestly say I agree: G4 gets things wrong sometimes.

And I wouldn't blame Adam and Morgan for cracking lame jokes... they're only as lame as the people who write them. I've heard they were better before the merger.

At least they know how to read off a teleprompter.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 06:29:52 PM by Sunbun »
"Sunbun is...doing whatever Sunbun does" -WarpRattler

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 01:47:58 PM »
Not about video games anymore, mates. Not about video games anymore.

Print