Print

Author Topic: Toilet seat's Ups and Downs  (Read 8078 times)

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 03:30:49 AM »
An absurdly well thought-out, anecdotal post. I get the feeling you're intentionally finding brilliance in the mundane.

Anyway, I share(d) your woes on dormitory lavatory conditions. Those careless, heartless mess-makers...

Another thing I found amusing was the comparison of the description of a toilet seat to the destruction of your youth. Most directors, writers, and so on don't have the gumption to make such bold metaphors. They use silly stuff like the government, rebellion, even seasons.

EDIT: Added a link for posterity. I apologize for taking your light from the current page.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:33:03 AM by Suffix »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 03:46:09 AM »
I have always been pretty good at wordy descriptions of mundane things. I still remember a creative writing thing I did in 9th or 10th grade where I basically narrativized a partly fictional school day, putting together actual occurences from different days, like the time we tried to figure out how X can be equal to the negative square root of X over X, or the time in guitar class where we decided that instead of switching chords, we'd each pick one chord of the song to play, and the others would pretend to play it, while actually holding their chord for later.

It wasn't really thought-out, though. My stuff like this pretty much just gets dumped out in order. I might have gone back and revised it a little if I wasn't typing on my Wii, with only a two-line display, but probably not much. I hardly ever look over anything I write before finishing it. I finish my first draft of 15-page papers about an hour before they're due, and then just hand them in like that, and I'v always gotten good grades on them. One got an 88 after losing a full letter grade for a rather silly plagarism charge, and another got a 99. I don't know what that one point off was for, but it's probably just because that prof would never give out a 100. (That reminds me, I once got a 99 in gym back in high school, which makes no sense. Even if I had been absent or forgot my clothes one day, I'm pretty sure that would have been 5 points off. And it couldn't have been based on fitness or effort, because I certainly wasn't that good at either.) I'll usually look over multiple-choice answers again before I turn in the test, but I can't remember the last time it helped me. And the essays I write for tests feel so poorly written that I don't want to look at them again (though they usually get pretty good grades too).

I think I just wordily described the mundane again, didn't I?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 09:29:44 AM »
red Game Boy Chunky

I never heard that term before. Many people that I know (myself included) refer to the original Game Boy as "The Brick." Mine was clear btw.

As for me, I guess I'm not all that picky about toilet seats. I haven't found one that I hated lately anyway...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 11:03:15 AM »
I hate the toilet seats in a lot of public toilets, the ones with the really steep (like 30 degree) grade. It's uncomfortable and way to hard to, you know, do what you came in there to do.
I agree with this. Combine this with the fact that those seats are usually loose due to rusted or corroded screws.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print