Print

Author Topic: The Topic of the Year  (Read 8295 times)

« on: June 18, 2008, 11:05:40 AM »
This is the topic where you post links to, or just quote, the things that you think would be good candidates for the *blank* of the Year awards held at the end of the year on this forum. Topics, posts, images, ect.. you get the idea.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 11:57:53 AM »
This topic. Or would that turn the universe inside-out?
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 03:34:16 PM »
My Paradox GaugeTM is starting to react to that last post.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 04:08:24 PM »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 05:32:07 PM »
the *blank* of the Year awards
That's actually a really good name for the awards this year.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 08:10:42 PM »
What's the point of nominating certain things right now? We still have about half a year to go, and so far, nothing really stands out to me other than that "Halo Moveset" picture.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 10:13:47 PM »
The good stuff comes at the end of the year because the pre-poster-award jitters cause everyone to step up their funny.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 09:01:47 AM »
What's the point of nominating certain things right now? We still have about half a year to go, and so far, nothing really stands out to me other than that "Halo Moveset" picture.
Personally, I think it's a good idea. It may be getting a little ahead of ourselves, but last year, I had some candidates I couldn't give links to and others I couldn't even remember because it had been so long since I'd seen them and I'd forgot the URL.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 10:55:49 PM »
Personally, I think it's a good idea. It may be getting a little ahead of ourselves, but last year, I had some candidates I couldn't give links to and others I couldn't even remember because it had been so long since I'd seen them and I'd forgot the URL.

Yes, I may be a bit ahead, but we don't want to forget the memorable moments that will happen later this year (assuming there are some, of course).

This topic also exists for the reasons highlighted above.. You may not remember that awesome picture or quote or.. whatever six months from now. Hence the topic.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 10:49:28 AM »
Can't you just PM your various nominations to yourself and then look at them at the end of the year? That's what I do.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 02:10:27 PM »
That's a good idea, MaxVance, but I think it would be a bit more fun if we could see the nominations of other people beforehand in case somebody recalls a better topic.

I think I'll write down Post Your Brawl Pics Here! for future reference, as it led to some of the greatest laughs so far this year, mostly as a result of Bird Person's ability to turn any of his screenshots into captioned masterpieces.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 08:00:56 PM »
Yes, I may be a bit ahead, but we don't want to forget the memorable moments that will happen later this year (assuming there are some, of course).

This topic also exists for the reasons highlighted above.. You may not remember that awesome picture or quote or.. whatever six months from now. Hence the topic.
Actually, I meant to say the same thing as you (that a thread that gives you a place to link to memorable posts,threads,etc. before you forget them trumps its "aheadness").

What I do when I see a thread/post/picture I might consider as a "___ of the Year" nominee, I just put the phrase "___ of the Year(?)" somewhere in the post. That way, I can just search that phrase when nominations roll around.

Then again, I guess that isn't terribly efficient in the long run, but I'm lazy like that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 07:09:23 PM »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »
Picture of the Year.
It's almost better out of context.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 07:25:47 PM »
Oh, I'd say that is better out of context.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Print