Print

Author Topic: Super Mario World 3 (Unofficial)  (Read 10619 times)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« on: February 26, 2010, 06:49:04 PM »
Hey everyone! Do you all remember that project I was talking about? Well, this is it!

Super Mario World 3 is a hack of Super Mario World made by me, Kimimaru. I have worked on it very slowly over the past 4 years, experiencing delays in the process, and have finally completed it. The original goal of this hack was to see how well I can design levels off the top of my head, but later on I decided to design the levels in a similar manner to Nintendo's Super Mario World to create a hack that would make people feel like they're playing a game designed by Nintendo. There are still bugs in the game, but I plan on fixing them in a new version.

Unfortunately, there are no ExGFX or ASM installed in this hack, but there are plenty of challenges designed for intermediate-experienced players. If you're a beginner, I wouldn't recommend playing this.

Without further ado, you can find more information about it here and can download it here.

Note: I obtained permission to post this beforehand.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:17:27 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2010, 07:47:22 PM »
Is this meant to go with a ROM I already have, or can I just download the file itself and play it on an emulator?

In any case, I look forward to playing this.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 08:01:14 PM »
You'll need to download the ips file on the second link and apply that patch to a clean Super Mario World ROM.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:04:00 PM by Kimimaru »
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »
You'll need to download the ips file on the second link and apply that patch to a clean Super Mario World ROM.

You had my interest until my hopes were dashed against the cold, hard rocks of such technical bullcrap.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 09:06:41 PM »
Applying an ips patch to a ROM is very easy. SMW Central should have the program for it under the "Tools" section. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to tell you the name of the program required to patch a ROM.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 09:25:11 PM »
Applying an ips patch to a ROM is very easy. SMW Central should have the program for it under the "Tools" section. Unfortunately, I'm not allowed to tell you the name of the program required to patch a ROM.

SMW Central is not very helpful, but whatever. I'll figure this out eventually!

(It's probably not that hard, I am just terrible with technology...)

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2010, 09:49:02 PM »
I suppose I'm allowed to give a hint. The first part of the program's name is the same as the first part of the program's name that is used to edit Super Mario World. The end part contains "ips."

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2010, 12:33:22 PM »
Note: I have updated this hack, and I advise whoever has downloaded it to delete it and download the new one found on the link in the first post.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2010, 01:55:40 PM »
Haha, I saw you release this on SMW Central, and I was like "Is that Kimimaru from the Fungi Forums?" since I'd never seen you around. :)

It looks pretty decent form the screenshots, but admittedly, I'm more into SMW Hacks that try to be their own thing as opposed to those that just continue what the original started. I might give it a play anyway, though. If I do, I'll let you know what I think on SMW Central.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 03:01:35 PM »
Okay, thanks! You're member of the month, aren't you?

I have updated my hack yet again, but the edit is so minor that you won't need to download the new version. However, you can if you want.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2010, 06:51:37 PM »
Okay, thanks! You're member of the month, aren't you?
Yeah. Tomorrow's my last day. XP

In any case, I'll get around to playing this sometime in the coming week (or maybe next weekend if time constraints come up).
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2010, 12:25:54 PM »
Unfortunately, the community at SMW Central decided to highlight only the errors of my hack and not take into account the positive attributes. If you guys think otherwise please tell me. Also, I have updated the hack yet again.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 01:53:11 PM by Kimimaru »

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2010, 10:25:11 PM »
Were it not for the fact that the left and right arrow keys on my keyboard are beginning to stick like crazy, I'd probably play further, but the problem is rendering the game nearly unplayable even in the first world.  What I've seen looks pretty good so far.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 03:02:33 AM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2010, 10:27:32 PM »
I was wondering what to do with my Friday night popcorn, and then I just remembered, I was going to play this!

I'm starting it now. Expect more comments either here or on SMW Central's thread relatively soon.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 10:32:29 AM »
All right. I'll give you a heads up, though. For unknown reasons, other people experience errors that I don't experience, so if you spot any of them out please show me them on the SMW Central thread.

Print