Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1717682 times)

« Reply #7710 on: April 10, 2012, 09:50:30 PM »
Weegee: The difference between manual and automatic transmission and the basic mechanics behind the former aren't taught in school either, but no one I know seems to have a problem with knowing such. The difference here is that cars are cool and computers aren't, so guess which thing people care to learn about?

There are actual lessons for operating a car, and cars weren't created by people with mild Asperger's.

Ever since tech support told us to **** around with our internet, I haven't been able to connect to it with my DS. It keeps giving me Error Code 52000 (can't find IP address), since our IP is "invalid". Rather than being "XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX", it's "XXX.XXX.X.XX".
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7711 on: April 18, 2012, 09:03:11 PM »
@Weegee: You could endeavor to give your DS a Static IP, and/or you might want to make sure that your Wifi is set up in a DS friendly fasion -- though im sure you have probably already tried some of that, in which case this advice is utterly Meaningless..

Since I take it that we are allowed to complain about anything here, without consequence...

I disprove of the human condition, overall; I think that society as a whole could cooperate and do much better and to that effect, solve many problems, but personal foolishness gets in the way; and i would argue this is true in every aspect of society, whether it be personal pettiness or corrupt politics, the human race is not on it's game, and there are fellow humans out there who are paying the price for it. *grumbles angrily while waving a cane in a threatening manner*

I also complain about my own personal foolishness in that i allow myself to be irritated by the above complaint and all of the worldly problems it entails; since I have relatively no control over it, I shouldn't care, yet I pay it undue attention, which is rather Stressful Therefore, I am a jerk, and i would like to file a complaint against myself, and I seek legal action against myself for the sum of One Million Dollars.

I am sure i will complain about other things in the future, but for now you can enjoy that one tidbit of dissatisfaction. Or not enjoy it. Do whatever you want. Just don't act unjustly upon a fellow human. Or i will complain about it.

Complain Thread, Suckas

[/font][/size]
[-------------------Will Fill in Later-------------------] .... (maybe)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7712 on: April 18, 2012, 09:47:26 PM »
"If you ain't laughing, you ain't living, baby." -  Carlos Mencia
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7713 on: April 19, 2012, 10:42:41 PM »
I would also like to complain about how I apparently cannot reply to PMs... or send them. In an act of protest, I will instead post my reply to TheMightyThor here, and hope that he/she by chance reads it. Dismantle the Establishment!!

To "TheMightyThor": Why do I talk fancy? I don't know what you mean, my good chum.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 10:51:09 PM by zelkova »
[-------------------Will Fill in Later-------------------] .... (maybe)

« Reply #7714 on: April 22, 2012, 05:07:55 PM »
You did in fact reply correctly to me, good sir.
Also, I like "Mighty" in my name being underlined and italicized. AS GOD OF THUNDER, I HEREBY DECREE THAT I SHALT HENCEFORTH BE REFERRED TO AS TheMightyThor POSTHASTE!
Relics.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #7715 on: April 22, 2012, 05:15:04 PM »
What probably happened was you sent it but you didn't check the box that says "Save a copy in my outbox", so you didn't have any record on your end of the message being sent. I think you have to check that box each time; I don't think there's a way to have it checked by default.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #7716 on: April 23, 2012, 04:43:20 PM »
My girlfriend hasn't responded to anything I've texted her, or answered any of my calls, for the past couple of days. I don't know what I did...

EDIT: Aaaaand she broke up with me later that night because I was "being creepy" by following her around (She told me she wouldn't mind if I did that, which I did rarely.). She could have at least had the decency to dump me sooner instead of waiting until after she called me a creepy ******* to one of my friends after not acknowledging me for about three days. MORAL: Don't date when you're only 14. Just don't.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:12:54 PM by TheMightyThor »
Relics.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7717 on: April 23, 2012, 07:01:15 PM »

I hate when a site uses an image of a video.  Source:  http://edition.cnn.com/2012/04/19/tech/web/anonymous-music-service/index.html?page=2
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7718 on: April 23, 2012, 07:19:21 PM »
Those screenshots of videos fool me every time.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7719 on: April 23, 2012, 07:36:41 PM »
More video angst:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm_5qWWDV8" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dm_5qWWDV8</a>

« Reply #7720 on: May 06, 2012, 07:45:50 PM »
Dynamic IP addresses are bull[dukar]. I've just been banned from 4chan for "animal abuse", even though I've never posted anythinig of the sort.

Plus, I still can't connect my Wii or DS to the internet anymore.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7721 on: May 06, 2012, 08:30:10 PM »
That was my situation about 75% of the time with HughesNet.

The problem isn't dynamic IP assignment by itself. It's that combined with a very small range of available IPs. With HughesNet, a good number of the available IPs were banned from 4chan, often for things like CP or proxy use.

The issues with your Nintendo devices are probably unrelated.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #7722 on: May 06, 2012, 09:26:55 PM »
Due to the nature of the connection my IP changes all the time. The list of recently-used IPs for my forum account here is hilariously large. I'm not wrong, it changes every time I connect. Or at least every time I reboot. Or at least every day. I could be the ultimate supertroll, nigh-invulnerable from banning, if I really wanted to.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #7723 on: May 07, 2012, 12:04:38 AM »
Well, my ban appeal was denied, so I can't post on 4chan for a week because some [bundle of sticks]got posted pictures of dead cats or something.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #7724 on: May 07, 2012, 12:21:08 AM »
The fun thing with HughesNet is, multiple people often get assigned the same IP at the same time. I had the opportunity to file a ban appeal on 4chan once, but when I went to do so, I found someone else had already done so. I went ahead and added my thing nonetheless, confirming the other person's story; when I checked back later, I found three other people had added to the appeal.

I have no idea if anything was ever done, because my IP changed again at some point. Was still crazy to see HughesNet's system hurting multiple users at once that way, though.

(This should never be an issue on my current Internet connection, because we pay extra for an ISP-side static IP. This is so that DCC send and receive in IRC work, and so that I have open NAT for Xbox LIVE.)

Print