Print

Author Topic: About Bowser..................  (Read 25681 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2006, 12:38:30 PM »
Oh, good. I'm used to being wrong, but this is a good wrong. Anyway, Notice that Kappas need water in that bowl to survive, and Bowser hates water. You know how angry he was after Chapter Four (I'm pretty sure it's four) when he made it back to Rogueport?
So, simply put... quit being stubborn, Bowser is in no way Kappa-related.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Wii

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2006, 01:25:53 PM »
All Miyamoto said is that his name comes from a Korean dish, NOT a play on "Kappa".
ok... nobody listens to those guys in wikipedia, so don't worry :p. Right. Look at the evidence again.
Bowser looks like a kappa.
Though his name is from a korean dish, it sounds like kappa. Don't you think that there's a slim chance that just perhaps koopa was picked for a reason other than it sounded like food?
There is no evidence against him being based on a kappa.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 08:06:32 AM by Wii »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2006, 02:08:21 PM »
Bowser: Giant, spike-studded, horned, hairy, evil, fire-breathing turtle who can come back to life indefinitely, even after falling in lava.
Kappa: Mythical, decidedly small salamander with a bowl of water on its head, which when empty will cause it to die.
QFE.
So, simply put... quit being stubborn, Bowser is in no way Kappa-related.
QFE.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2006, 02:20:32 PM »
ok... nobody listens to those guys in wikipedia, so don't worry :d. By people saying he was based on one, I meant peole like me.
Right. Look at the evidence again.
Bowser looks like a kappa.
Though his name is from a korean dish, it sounds like kappa. Don't you think that there's a slim chance that just perhaps koopa was picked for a reason other than it sounded like food?
There is no evidence against him being based on a kappa.

So, as we can see from this, until Nintendo says otherwise it is safe to assume that koopas ARE based on kappas, especially Bowser

No, plain out, no.  He is supposed to be a large, spiked, fire-breathing, TURTLE.  Or more likely a tortoise, since he's not a fan of water.  NOT a Kappa.  It's more likely the name of Koopa came after they designed him, so the idea that the similarity between the two names doesn't work. 
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2006, 02:46:30 PM »
Guys, Jason Giambi is a Goomba.

Let's look at the evidence.
Though his name sounds Italian, the names Giambi and Goomba are the same length and only three letters off!
Jason Giambi and the Goombas from the SMB movie are both big dudes.

Look at that smile! And those teeth!
No one from the Yankees organization nor the Giambi family have officially stated that he is not a Goomba.

So until the Yankees say otherwise, we can all assume that Jason Giambi is a Goomba.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2006, 03:38:11 PM »
OMGWTDBBQ!!!

... I LOL'd.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2006, 03:46:21 PM »
Hey, I didn't know that.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2006, 11:35:06 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure there are very clear descriptions of exactly what colors kappas are on which parts of their bodies. NOT
There are plenty of references to mythology in Mario games. This is not one of them.
That was a joke.

Wii

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2006, 01:12:31 AM »
No, plain out, no.  He is supposed to be a large, spiked, fire-breathing, TURTLE.  Or more likely a tortoise, since he's not a fan of water.  NOT a Kappa.  It's more likely the name of Koopa came after they designed him, so the idea that the similarity between the two names doesn't work. 
ok, as far as I can see, apart from Bowser breathes fire, has a spiky shell, is fat, stands on two legs and doesn't like water, I see no more differences.
Also, He is supposed to be a large, spiked, fire-breathing, KOOPA. Koopa was decided before they designed Bowser or, if not that, at the same time.
And are any of you seriously believing that they only picked koopa because it's food? The Japanese have a sense of humour you know...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2006, 01:36:45 AM »
...Wasn't it said Miyamoto always wanted to name an enemy after some kind of Korean food? That's humor if you ask me. Also, name a similarity between Kappas and Koopas, just one will do. ASIDE FROM THE NAME.
It's YOUR problem!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2006, 01:38:15 AM »
No, plain out, no.  He is supposed to be a large, spiked, fire-breathing, TURTLE.  Or more likely a tortoise. 
Actually, tortoises are water turtles with fins and stuff...

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2006, 01:38:48 AM »
So, as we can see from this, until Nintendo says otherwise it is safe to assume that koopas ARE based on kappas, especially Bowser

In Japan, the true source, there is only one Kuppa. The Koopa Troopas are actually called Nokonoko.

Bowser hates water. Kappa love water.

There has never been a reference to bowl heads in any Mario game.

None of the SMB team has mentioned this, when they have mentioned the inspirations for many other things.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2006, 01:42:22 AM »
Um...Bowser doesn't totally hate water... Look at the boss battle with him in Super Mario Sunshine...However I agree that he's not a kappa.

« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2006, 01:45:13 AM »
I got pwned.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2006, 01:47:13 AM »
That didn't look like water to me... more like melty green Jell-o.
It's YOUR problem!

Print