Print

Author Topic: Mario Music  (Read 6065 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2002, 05:25:43 PM »
I think in Paper Mario it plays the Starman theme on the trains. I also think they try to use similar themes in new situations to give players a feeling of nostalgia. I always thought it was cool hearing that old Starman theme as I barreled down the tracks towards Mt. Rugged.

Ciao

See how the mustache hides the slightly sad smile... and the sideburns, portraying his simple, blue-collar roots... and his legs, thick, wide, the legs of the masses!
Kickin' it since 2000.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2002, 12:00:19 AM »
Hmm. I never noticed that... but the train does puff stars out.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2002, 09:28:54 PM »
I'm not sure, but I think the map screen music from SMB3 and SMW is the same as well.
Yeah, I mean all the map screen music from those games.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 8/13/2002 8:29:34 PM
That was a joke.

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2002, 10:54:12 AM »
Remix List:

SM64 Castle Theme = Mario Tennis (GBC) Castle Court
SM64 Bowser Theme = SMB2 Underworld

SMB2 Title Screen (and Remakes) = SMB1 Water Theme

An extremly rare and valuable Yoshi!
"Who want''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''s to buy a gold Yoshi? Selling Price, $99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999!" (almost 10 Googols!)
(This is GoldenYoshi)
"How much does the $1.99 Popcorn Chicken cost?" ~ Classic Stupidity.

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2002, 12:57:46 PM »
Super Mario 64 was made before Mario Tennis GBC.

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2002, 04:21:44 PM »
My favorite medly was done by The Minibosses. A nice little diddy they did based on SMB 2. Good stuff!

"Here we Gooooo!!"
"Here we Gooooo!!"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2002, 10:54:36 PM »
Ahem. SM64 (ALL MUSIC... except underground and abnormal conditions) = SMB water.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2002, 11:37:43 PM »
NO! The castle theme, the overworld theme, Bowser's theme, the song that plays in the slide and in the cap courses.....

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2003, 01:09:43 PM »
I've decided to revive a dying thread! Well. I've done it! As for the topic...Here's something. THe Train Music in paper Mario is the Kalamari Desert music from Mario Kart 64. The level up music in Paper Mario is the same song as the World 1 song in Mario Bros. 3. That's all I can think about right now. I'll have to go play Paper Mario or another game.

------------------------------
 We’re the Mario Bros. and plumbing’s our game! We’re not like the others who get all the fame. If your sink is in trouble you can call us on the double! We’re faster than the others you’ll get hooked on the brothers!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2003, 04:17:32 PM »
Also, I've noticed the SMB Water Theme in the first Sonic Advance - if you go in the Tiny Chao Garden, it plays music incredibly similar to that.

I mean what I mean, but if you know what I mean, how can you mean what I mean - y'know what I mean?

MAAAAARIO WHERE AAAAARE YOU??

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2003, 06:27:46 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!! Crazy newbies must stop all this non-sense!!!!! *explodes*

I''m the master of Mario and Pokémon!
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2003, 07:59:43 PM »
Wha-? Look at the date, man.

Eccentricity is my goal.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2003, 08:47:44 PM »
WHOA! How cool is that?! THe last time this thread was posted upon before I revived it was almost exactlly a year ago!! What a co-ink-ee-dink!

------------------------------
 We’re the Mario Bros. and plumbing’s our game! We’re not like the others who get all the fame. If your sink is in trouble you can call us on the double! We’re faster than the others you’ll get hooked on the brothers!
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2003, 08:56:41 PM »
Gameover(smb)=Gameover(pm)=Gameover(sms)...etc...

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2003, 05:53:01 PM »
No, the Tiny Chao Garden song starts out with precicely the same melody as SMB Underwater, but diverges vastly after about five notes. I'll admit it scared me too, but they're not the same song by any means.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Print