Print

Author Topic: I need help with my computer!  (Read 1798 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« on: September 01, 2003, 09:41:30 PM »
I am in desperate need of help! I reset my computer twice a little too fast, I guess, and it totally reset itself back to its original settings. My pointers, fonts, icons, colors, and, well... the whole smash. I only have 16 colors instead of 256 colors, but I don't have the option to change it back. Everything looks horrible in 16 color. My computer is aslo going EXTRA slow. It aslo forgot what we have installed on it, i.e. accelerator, Sis, etc. I need some help. I need help mainly with getting my 256 colors back, my accelerator, DirectX5, and other things that I'll figure out later.

Please help!

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 11:52:32 PM »
Err... did you try restarting it again? Maybe enter system setup and make sure everything's fine in there...

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2003, 01:45:01 PM »
Mine did that before, and I finally replaced it with a new one.  I suggest saving all important files on CDs(if you have a burner) and reformatting the hard drive....I have used that method also and haven't skipped a beat.

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2003, 03:21:34 PM »
So your pc finally crapped out on you, eh? Well.......

Do what Maestro said, burn all your files on a cd.

Then if you have a cd with your Windows 98, youll have to reinstall everything. Your computer seems pretty messed up and I couldnt fix it unless I actually HAD the pc in my possestion. But come to the chat room and Ill help as much as i can with words

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 05:26:23 PM »
Ahem, Jon, YOU DIED IN THE CHATROOM when I was talking to you just now!!! Where the heck are you? >:P

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Print