Print

Author Topic: What state do you live in?  (Read 7912 times)

« on: September 02, 2003, 07:33:08 PM »
I'm from Texas! *country music in background*

That's where you can find the famous Alamo and the Tower of America! Where are you from?

=============================================

NINTENDO: 100 pts. XBOX: ZIP
NINTENDO: 100 pts. XBOX: ZIP

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2003, 07:45:23 PM »
 There was a topic, much like this one, posted long ago.

However, I feel that the time length since a post in the elder topic is great enough that this one should take precedence.
Besides, we've had many new members join since.

I live in New York. Not all of us are busy, rude, jerks. Although, I am.

Just kidding? ;)

Edited by - Black Mage on 9/2/2003 6:46:18 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2003, 07:50:13 PM »
North Carolina

BTW, here's the old topic. (Took me a while to find it. lol. >_< )

--------------------

Wise men talk because they have something to say;

fools, because they have to say something.

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 08:37:54 PM »
I've replied to at least two of these already.

Oklahoma.

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2003, 01:42:59 PM »
Alabama.....home of boredom.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2003, 05:42:01 PM »
Ohio represent.
Not all of us are farmers.
I live in the horrid place that is known as Toledo on this Earth. No farms.
I can't believe I wasn't on The Active Members List AHGHGHGHHHH.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2003, 05:44:59 PM »
WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!

Darn. Just another mess o’ Chocolate Pan Dowdy.

That was a joke.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2003, 09:51:26 PM »
I have told what state I live in on this forum before, but for those new here who don't know I will give one hint.

"Ahhhhhnold for Governor!"
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2003, 10:29:54 PM »
Just for the record, I absolutely HATE Arnold Swartzeneggar.  And I l;ive in California too.

"I''m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!"
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2003, 10:29:55 PM »
Yehaw! I'm from Texas too! Ah cayn tawk fony too eif yu wonted maey to. Actually, my southern accent has improved a lot. I don't say "my friend and I," I just say, "Me and my friend." Just as long as you can understand me.

Anyway,

I live in the county seat of Texas: Belton. Go Belton Tigers! The first football game is this Friday! Oct 10 I get to play with the Marching 100 Band! I play tennis too, and our first match is on Sep. 18! Only a couple weeks away! Off subject, eh? =P

Go Texas! We are famous for the Jarrel F5 that hit just about 30 miles away from where I live, we have the Alamo, San Antone (called that by true Texans, I guess,) the famous riverwalk in San Antone, and a lot of history to back everything up. 2nd biggest state in the U.S.! (Stupid Alaska is bigger than us) Hottest too, with a 1986 or '87 record of 107 degrees! (If you count the whole state, Texas is hottest. But if counting hottest place in one little area; Death Valley.)
NOTE- I don't say San Antone. But, my mom does. Heh heh.

If you pull up an atlas and take a look, Belton is on the very edge of Tornado Alley. It has letting us slide for two summers now, with no reported tornadoes in Bell County.

Also, "a gift from God" I would all it because this is strange. On New Year's Eve, two years ago, at precisely 12:00AM of the new year, right when the second hand hit the 12, it started snowing here. It actually stuck too, opposed to when I was in 4th grade it snowed, but melted as it hit the ground. But it snowed, my friends trampoline was frozen with about 4 inches of ice over it, and we had snowbal fights. Luckily, I lived in Indiana for a while and got gloves and a 1920's "Newsboy" cap. My friend couldn't get through to me. Haha! It was great.

You say we have crazy weather? No way, I vote Nebraska for that. I'll tell you why. People from Nebraska should already know about their crazy weather. Anyway, my bro went there for a few days. In those three days, the first day it was 94 degrees (if you're a Texan, that feels good, :P) the second day it snowed, then the third day there was a tornado. Weird weather, eh?

Texas has a lot to offer: Houston, Galveston, Dallas & Fort Worth, etc. You can go to Mexico at Big Bend National Park. Join CTAMR, which I'm actually in, I'll explain later, and one of the biggest highlights:

Fort Hood. Fort Hood is the largest establishment in the world I believe, (if you count people there, etc.) Our 4th ID, which are our Fort Hood soldiers, are coming back from Iraq. That is great news. I live a few miles away from it. BLORA is a place to paintball, swim, water slides, etc. We have the Belton Lake also. (The nastiest, I think, lake in Texas, except the Trinity River, which is worse.)

If you live in Chicago, New York, you could ride Amtrak right down to our neighboring city, Temple. It is about 10 miles away from my house to get to Santa Fe depot, and CTAMR. The Temple city limits are very close to my house. About a mile away. *sigh* I know, I know, you can't come to my house.

Enjoy Texas and its features! (As if you'll ever come, hopefully, in the future. :P)

CTAMR- Central Texas Area Model Railroaders. I like to call it, for short, Mr. G, which is Model Railroad Guys.

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2003, 10:35:41 PM »
My PC was slowing down trying to post that, heh heh. There are some mispellings, but I think you can figure out what I was trying to say. :P Yeeeeeeeehawwwww!!!!!!

Hey folks, you should try this. Show people your drivers license and ask them if "they have seen this man."
Quote from George W. Bush: "I have opinions, strong ones, but I don''t always agree with them."

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2003, 10:44:23 PM »
Uuum, ok! Meowrio, where have you been lately? I haven't seen you at the chatroom, nor seen any of your posts in a while. Usually you would post something every day. That bad day must be gettin' to ya', eh? Well, Meowrio, I need to talk to you about something at the chatroom. If you could come, thanks.

WAIT, WAIT! I have an idea on why Meowrio is mad. He has to go to school tomorrow! AAAAAAH, 9th grade!!!!! Wish you luck! My first day was kind of messed up, with homeroom being first for a couple days, then it not being first period. Whatever, good luck.

And Sadib, shut your mouth.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2003, 10:51:44 PM »
ACK! I didn't mean to post the last thing I said in this thread. Oops, brainfreeze there. Sorry!

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2003, 11:41:10 AM »
I'm from New York, too.

When Bart watches Itchy & Scratchy, how does he know he''''s watching a cartoon and not real animals?

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2003, 03:31:16 PM »
hey!! im from texas too!! except that im not proud of it...everyone thinks you have to be a country hick to live here, but i actually don't have ANY hint of texas accent. (thank god!! although every now and then, my dad rubs of on me and i use the steriotypical east texan accent where you put 2 syllables where one should go...like wheyar (where) XO) any way, i live in Angelina County. but thats as far as im going as to where i live...i don't know why but ive always been paraniod about giving stuff like that out on the internet...

any way, i also play tennis and used to play football and i do remember that night when it snowed, although, here it was about 11 pm... well...thats where im from, and who i am (well kinda)

If winners never quit, and quitters never win, who made the saying "Quit while you''re still ahead"?

Print