Print

Author Topic: What kind of music do you like?  (Read 15302 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2007, 11:53:52 AM »
I think the most annoying genres are the ones that begin in "post" or ends in "core". Yeeeuch.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2007, 06:22:13 PM »
I classify everything into six catagories: Rock, Techno, Country, Rap, Foreign, Girly
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2007, 06:40:13 PM »
I think the most annoying genres are the ones that begin in "post" or ends in "core". Yeeeuch.
That award belongs to genres starting with "e" and ending in "mo." Of course, since that genre is really a kind of Post-Hardcore, it all makes sense.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2007, 02:03:28 AM »
I like whispercore.
ShadowBrain's classification only works for popular music produced in the past 5 years.
That was a joke.

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2007, 06:39:50 PM »
     Hmm.  I'm into many things, things people may think clash.  I would have to say the only thing I don't listen to is country.  I listen to rap/hip-hop (I don't know the difference), but only The Beastie Boys (they're the best, I think atleast), and some L.L. Cool J, DJ Kool Herc, and Afrika Bambataa.

I think 60's psychedelic and Acid Rock are some of the best forms of rock ever created.  Anything that focuses on erotic sounds of nature or obscure cosmic jam is great to me.  This would include although many of these artists don't belong to the same time period and some would say (what the heck even I would) not even to the same catagory... Syd Barrett, Early Pink Floyd Sound, Yes, The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators, The Soft Machine, and many many more.

I think the Beatles are alright, but I refuse to acknowledge them as great or godlike.  They're good in they're own right but whenever I think of them I think of they're transformation from a pop boy band into these psychedelic lords of the underground movement.  I absolutely refuse to look at them in that sort of light even though they did inspire my favorite band.  I think the only one that deserves credit for any of these accusations would be George Harrison.  And please don't go on telling me how you love the Beatles and they did do all these great things and how everybody loves them because obviously not everybody does.

I generally hate mainstream music, like the music they play on the Early show or on ipod commercials.  I can't really express why.  I do not think a lot artists today have real traditional talent in music, I don't think we will ever see the amount of good and successful bands that the 60's, 70's, and 80's produced ever again.

To wrap things up...  I basically like a lot of stuff.  And I think music is a vital source of inspiration in all forms of art today and always will.
I only watch [adult swim]

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2007, 01:55:25 PM »
erotic sounds of nature
O_o
pop boy band
o_O

To conclude, it's pretty dumb to think that only the music of three decades in one century has any worth just because that's the only stuff you're familiar with.
That was a joke.

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2007, 07:55:28 PM »
I second Chup.

There ARE artists who put out good stuff these days in my opinion, you just won't hear them on a Top 40 radio station.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2007, 10:19:58 PM »
I'm not talking about just current music either. But yeah.
That was a joke.

« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2007, 10:59:33 AM »
I've always been a lover of jazz music. Especially jazz instrumentals. I think saxophones sound great in jazz. The piano sounds quite good too. I couldn't name a lot of jazz bands, but Mr. Bungle's jazz numbers were great.

« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2007, 11:57:41 AM »
The stuff on iPod commercials is totally not what I'd call "mainstream".

Also I am hereby totally adding "erotic sounds of nature or obscure cosmic jam" to my favorite song genres list.

« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2007, 12:47:46 PM »
I have a few songs that were featured in iPod commercials, such as Jerk Me Out by The Caesars, and Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz (I'm pretty sure that was in an iPod commercial...)

I also have the song that was featured in the iPhone commercials that played during the Summer, "Perfect Timing (This Morning)" by Orba Squara. The main singer's voice reminds me a bit of Chup.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2007, 01:33:13 PM »
Also I am hereby totally adding "erotic sounds of nature or obscure cosmic jam" to my favorite song genres list.

I dig obscure cosmic jam, but I'm not so sure about erotic sounds of nature.

Also, I like the music ice-cream trucks play out that speaker on the top.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 01:35:26 PM by Rao »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Boo_penguin

• Mushroom_Boy's best pal
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2007, 03:50:37 PM »
Well, mostly 80's music and 90's electronic stuff. Besides that I used to listen a lot of hardcore, punk and rock bands in the past, but those music kinda makes me feel angry, so now I only listen stuff like Billy Idol or A-ha.
Before I go to bed I always scream "Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now and some girl appears and say  "Come on baby do the loco-motion".

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2007, 03:57:13 PM »
I enjoy almost all instrumental music. I've never been quite as fond of music with lyrics, but this is not the case for all lyrical music. So, instrumental music can pertain to classical, jazz (more big band swing than the other types), and a multitude of soundtracks.

« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2007, 07:22:10 PM »
O_oo_O

To conclude, it's pretty dumb to think that only the music of three decades in one century has any worth just because that's the only stuff you're familiar with.

I never said anything that isn't from those 3 decades is bad.  I only said a lot of it is bad, and yeah I am pretty familiar with recent music not just from top music charts or MTV.  I mean, I hear it all the time, its impossible not to unless your deff.  Did I say that?  Hmm because it seems to me that I said we wouldn't see the amount of good bands as we did.  In this day of mass media, its hard to create an identity, for insyance, how many new band pages are made each day on myspace.  I'm sure a lot of them are terrific but how do expect them to get recognized as easy as great bands did back then?  Please if your going to quote and criticize me, atleast do it with accuracy and a basic understanding of what I meant.
I only watch [adult swim]

Print