Print

Author Topic: Pain!  (Read 15636 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: November 06, 2007, 04:23:16 PM »
Does anyone have any crazy injury stories? They can be sad, gross, or just downright funny.

I've got a few:

January 2003 - I was sledding down a hill at incredible speeds. Speeds you wouldn't imagine would be experienced on a sled. I think it had to do with the unusually slick material it was made out of. Anyhow, there was a dense group of trees at the bottom of the steep hill, and I don't know why, but I didn't jump off. I did, however, manuver myself so I wasn't heading for the trees headfirst. Instead, I hit one of the trees with my side. I ended up lascerating my liver! True story.

Feburary 2004 - I was once again sledding. A little girl was swinging around a snowboard for a reason I'm still unsure of. As I sledded down, the snowboard collided with my chin, and left a huge gash. It stung! The scar that remains isn't incredibly noticable, but every once and a while someone will ask about it.

Funny how all my injuries involve snow. 
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 05:44:01 PM »
Some time back in 2000 I fell off my bike and slid on the road, scratching up the whole right side of my face. My face didn't look very normal until a month and a half later.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 05:48:41 PM »
I was jumping on a trampoline and I attempted a front flip. Everything was going fine until I stuck my arm out (like an idiot) to break my fall, because  I felt like I was about to land on my head (which I wasn't). I have a huge scar where the bone popped out.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 06:07:27 PM »
Do not talk to me about sledding related injuries please. Just...don't...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 08:53:59 PM »
My worst injury ever was when I fell out of a hammock and broke my collarbone. I was about 6 or 7 at the time.

...Yeah, I try to avoid possible injury as much as I can.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 09:01:18 PM »
I was jumping on a trampoline and I attempted a front flip. Everything was going fine until I stuck my arm out (like an idiot) to break my fall, because  I felt like I was about to land on my head (which I wasn't). I have a huge scar where the bone popped out.

Did the bone really pop out? That's sick! Trampolines are very dangerous foes. I haven't injured myself on one yet, but I'm sure that if I owned one that I would.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 09:08:38 PM »
I glanced at this topic, thought it was about the Three Days Grace song, and shivered. But luckily it's not!

Anyways, I'm very fortunate. I've never broken any bone in my body, but I am a bit of a bonehead. Gotta protect my brans somehow.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 04:06:34 AM »
I once slammed my head into the door of a closet in my house. At first I thought I wasn't hurt, until I noticed a whole lot of blood trickling down my face and looked in the mirror, which revealed I had basically carved a big chunk out of the skin on the bridge of my nose. There's still a scar there today, although it's barely noticeable.
every

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »
Never injured..... I. AM. UNBREAKABLE!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 03:00:53 PM »
Once when I was like 6 or 7 or 8, somewhere around there, I jumped up, and upon landing twisted my ankle, fell, and bashed my forehead into a sharp edge of a table right below me. I had to go to the hospital and get stitches, and I have a pretty noticeable scar above my right eyebrow.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 06:31:30 PM »
Maybe 4 or 5?
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 07:52:32 PM »
Never injured..... I. AM. UNBREAKABLE!

Same for me. I've got enough sense to know when something will go wrong.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 09:16:04 PM »
Pshaw.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:20:36 AM by Rao »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 09:32:19 PM »
When I was about 5 or 6, I fell off of a bucket and bashed my forehead into a sharp edge of a table right below me. I had to get stitches above my left eye.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 09:45:19 AM »
Could you please stop ruining this thread with attempts at being funny?

'cause Rao decides what is and isn't funny.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 10:23:21 AM »
OK, fine. Never mind. But still, that's just lame to say you've never been injured in your life because you must have been even a little, right?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 10:33:10 AM »
Coming into a thread about injuries and saying you haven't had any serves no purpose beyond +postcount. Saying you haven't had any because you have enough common sense to avoid them is insulting everyone unfortunate enough to be in circumstances where it's unavoidable.

I broke my collar bone when I was six. When I was 11, I broke my thumb while catching a football in PE. When I was 13, I broke one of my toes.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 11:21:21 AM »
I'm not a post count raiser. but, I see your point. Yes, I generally avoid such situations, but I have had some serious falls (some actually sled related), and came out nothing more than bruised and disoriented.

I'm just lucky I guess.

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 05:06:33 PM »
'cause Rao decides what is and isn't funny.

Actually, I don't find Wiggles to be funny, either. Or Glorb (apologies for bringing him up randomly), for that matter. I just feel that their brand of humor is something that just doesn't make me laugh. Just like how Napoleon Dynamite doesn't make me laugh.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 05:12:40 PM »
I broke my collar bone while climbing on tires when I was 10. It was a monster truck tire in the sand, and the tread slammed into my collarbone. I laid on the ground for 30 minutes, and this one kid and his mom just walked by.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 05:13:30 PM »
Just like how Napoleon Dynamite doesn't make me laugh.

Finally! Someone that has the same opinion about that movie that I do! As much as I love comedy, I just don't find that movie funny.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 10:27:57 PM »
The difference is, Napoleon Dynamite is genuinely funny.
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 11:15:02 AM »
Only if you could connect to the main character, which I could not.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 11:56:24 AM »
Bah! For some reason, my sister (who forced me to watch this) said that Napoleon reminds her of me. I find that to be very insulting!

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2007, 12:18:38 PM »
I'd be insulted, too.

That counts as a pain story, I believe.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 06:17:54 PM »
I've never broken anything, but I was rolled into by a 250+ lb. man. It's a complicated story, but let's just say I was about seven years old and it knocked the wind out of me.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2007, 07:41:13 PM »
Only if you could connect to the main character
That's a pretty ridiculous statement, Vid.
That was a joke.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »
I was about eight or nine years old, and I was riding my bike. I was on the side of a residential road, and I happened to be heading straight for a mailbox. For some strange reason, I knew that the mailbox was there, but I did not turn to get out of the way. I was thinking to myself, "Turn now so you don't hit that mailbox!" but my arms, I guess, didn't want to listen to my brain. I hit the mailbox going pretty fast, and ended up bruising my face good, as well as getting a number of cuts from falling off the bike.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2007, 09:19:09 AM »
This isn't a physical injury, but it's in the same ballpark, and it happened just last night. My mom had just bought a box of Honey-Combs cereal. Now, I had already known from an experience in my youth that Corn Puffs make me violently ill. My sister informed me that Honey-Combs are pretty much the same stuff, but I proceeded to consume the breakfast goods regardless, since I was eager to eat some Honey-Combs for some reason. The result? Literally a minute later, there was a horrific rumbling sensation in my bowels, and I was forced to spend most of the rest of the evening in the bathroom (I'll leave it at that).
every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
That's revolting! And not off topic, because I'm sure your Honey Comb experience was painful, without technically being an injury. I'm pretty sure I got some bad food poisoning from Taco Bell once. Then again, it is Taco Bell, the anus of fast food franchises. 

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2007, 12:57:43 PM »
*raises eyebrow at the Taco Bell statement*

I don't really like Honey-Comb. Kix are pretty awesome, though. Life is one of my favorites, though. No cereals have had the effect of making me live in my bathroom for the next few hours, though.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2007, 01:04:02 PM »
Oh goodness. I love Life cereal. I can't remember the last time I even had it. I keep getting stuck with Honey Comb and Fruit Loops, both of which are pretty much flavorless to me at this point.

And now that I think about it, I got hit by a car once because some stupid excuse for a driver ran a red light. I didn't break anything though. The doc said that my heavy back pack saved me.

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 01:23:17 PM »
I hope the driver paid you afterwards.

Another story I have is one that happened to me not long after the bike story. One night I was doing my homework (back when I actually had homework), thinking about how awesome the trip to the Liberty Science Center in New Jersey was going to be. My sister was jealous to the point where she was crying about the fact that dad was going with me. I playfully taunted her, which wasn't that great of an idea. She started beating me, though I used one of my textbooks as a shield and I didn't receive any damage. Then she went into the den where my father was and started yelling at him, telling him he couldn't go on the trip with me, but in vain. I decided to taunt her again with a Nelson Muntz laugh.

She took a plastic garbage can and hit me in the head with it. Got a gash on my forehead that luckily didn't require stitches. I did need to go to the hospital, though. Only time I've had to go for an injury.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2007, 01:31:15 PM »
I hope the driver paid you afterwards.

Nope. They didn't even try to help me either. They stopped to ask if I was okay, but when it was obvious that I wasn't, they took right off. I think someone else might've seen what happened an called an ambulance.

And speaking of ambulances, the username of whoever started this thread makes me laugh for some odd reason.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 01:32:48 PM by N64 Chick »

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2007, 01:50:35 PM »
Then again, it is Taco Bell, the anus of fast food franchises. 

What?! Taco Bell is awesome. I love their food.

« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2007, 01:56:02 PM »
Blech, I agree with Hyru.....I mean, Ambulance Y on this one. Taco Bell is bad.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2007, 02:18:47 PM »
Taco Bell is usually okay, but I find their restaurants generally dirtier than most, and every once and a while they release a new burrito that's absolutely disgusting. I had this new cheesy beefy melt, and part of it was cold! So that's why I made that statement earlier.

Anyway, pain...

Just yesterday I stubbed my toe on somebody else's toe! How weird is that?

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2007, 04:53:20 PM »
One time I turned a corner way too fast while skiing. I went around it, thinking I'd be fine, and lo and behold: moguls******. I did a freekin' barrel roll. Both my skis, both my poles, and one of my gloves went flying into the air. I was fine other then my thumb being badly sprained.
That's actually the closest to breaking my bones I've ever been. As far as physical injury's go, I've been pretty lucky.

*****Moguls (Moe-gl-s): Huge bumps in the ground. Usually appearing on ski hills.*****

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 06:05:37 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2007, 04:58:39 PM »
I thought they were called moguls.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2007, 11:57:17 PM »
I've gotten food poisoning from non-fast food tex mex restaurants before. Anyway, Taco Bell is usually good and seriously, they aren't any dirtier than other fast food places. I'm in pain every day so I don't think I need to post anything in this thread.
That was a joke.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2007, 06:35:22 PM »
On September 26, 2006 I, for some crazy reason tried to pick up my dad (yes I said pick up), when I picked him up We fell back and I hit my head on thecorner of a wall. Then I was rushed to the Emergency Room, when I got there I told the doctors the story and there literly started laughing for about a minute and a half. And then the doctors told me that I was fine, and they told me to leave... True Story

P.S. This is the Stupidest thing I have ever done in my whole life!

P.S. 2.0 (I'm a huge fan of the ...)
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2007, 04:15:04 PM »
This just happened today in my gym class. I got hit in the back of the head by a volleyball, and for about a minute afterward, my vision was all black-and-white. I'm not kidding.
every

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2007, 06:09:16 PM »
I got a cranial hemerage when snowboarding.  Pretty minor really but I couldn't walk straight for about a half hour after it.  As the day progressed I was seemingly unable to keep my food down.  I don't want to make it sound like it didn't hurt, because it hurt a lot, and yes I cried like a baby.
I only watch [adult swim]

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2007, 06:12:25 PM »
"Cranial hemmorage" has got to be the most horrible-sounding injury. I mean, like, eew.
every

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2007, 06:19:10 PM »
I'd rather have that than say, I don't know, a punctured lung.
I only watch [adult swim]

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2007, 06:23:32 PM »
My friend just had a deflated lung. They had to stick a tube all the way down his throat to reinflate it. Apparently it hurt really bad. Really bad.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2007, 09:58:33 PM »
Ouch. Yeah, I would imagine that hurt a bit.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2007, 10:05:06 PM »
Lung-related stuff is indeed horribly painful.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:06:37 PM by WarpRattler »

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2007, 07:27:43 PM »
ㅤ ㅤ
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:42:45 PM by Mr.Toadsworth »

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2007, 08:41:56 PM »
I don't think I'm much of a sue person. To sue doesn't sound too appealing to me, but then again I've never been in the position of being injured due to a restaurant's neglect.

I did forget to mention a couple of my other painful experiences. A couple years ago, I got my teeth pulled, and the dentists used little to no novocaine. I could feel practically everything. It was probably the worst pain in my entire life. On a lighter note, when I was about 10, my family went out to play baseball. My dad hit a line drive right at my nose. I had a rather sizable honker and two black eyes for over a week. They called me a panda with a nose tumor.   

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2007, 12:40:00 AM »
My father sued when he broke his ankle, the money received help us buy this house. (It was that or a Disney vacation, but my mom didn't like the fact that the neighborhood was starting to go bad, so we opted for the former choice.)

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »
January 2003 - I was sledding down a hill at incredible speeds. Speeds you wouldn't imagine would be experienced on a sled. I think it had to do with the unusually slick material it was made out of. Anyhow, there was a dense group of trees at the bottom of the steep hill, and I don't know why, but I didn't jump off. I did, however, manuver myself so I wasn't heading for the trees headfirst. Instead, I hit one of the trees with my side. I ended up lascerating my liver! True story.

Feburary 2004 - I was once again sledding. A little girl was swinging around a snowboard for a reason I'm still unsure of. As I sledded down, the snowboard collided with my chin, and left a huge gash. It stung! The scar that remains isn't incredibly noticable, but every once and a while someone will ask about it.

Your just like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes!

We also now know why your name is Ambulance Y.

And just to add to the thread, one time when I was jumping on a trampoline with my little brother my head came down while his came up and long story short: my tooth ended up lodged in his skull.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 10:59:01 PM by Presidente »
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2007, 01:03:32 AM »
Well, I'm in pain a lot but here are a few stories.

When I was seven, I was in gymnastics. We were starting to do flips on the balance beam. An enthusiastic (and very energetic) young girl, I was eager to try the flip. I raised my knee to high and I bruised and almost broke my nose and then I fell off, my leg under me, and fractured that. My mom was so scared that she won't (and still won't but I wish she'd get over it!) let us attend gymnastics.

The same year, after the accident in gymnastics, I attempted to clean my ear with a q-tip. I stuck it too deep and I busted my eardrum. Luckily, I recovered. My ears are very sensitive and I have a permanent ear problem: I get horrible ear aches often and very randomly and I'm on ear medicine that helps soothe the earaches for the rest of my life. I have to get the prescription refilled, as a matter of fact.

Yesterday, I was talking on the phone and I was trying to put my seatbelt on while talking on the phone. I had my thumb where the door closes (for whatever reason). I forgot my thumb was there and I closed the door with one hand. The next instance, I'm screaming and the phone has dropped from my ear into my lap. My thumb was bruised black. The blackness faded and my thumb swelled. It still hurts.

I've never broken anything but I've slammed my hand plenty of times.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 01:21:34 AM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2007, 01:05:41 AM »
Oh dang Pt_Peach, I think you've had it worse than most people on the site! :(

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2007, 05:04:31 AM »
Agh, I think I broke my third and fourth toes on my left foot last night. I was trying to maneuver through my messy room and I ran my toes into a guitar case. Last night they really hurt horribly, and now they still hurt a bit this morning. I can hardly walk on my left foot, and the ends of the toes are black and swollen.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2007, 01:12:56 PM »
These stories are all proof that God did not intend for the human body to be put through such pain on account of stupidity.  Although that can't be said for sports injuries...that just proves that pads won't protect you from everything.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2007, 01:30:43 PM »
More like, they're proof that your brain receives pain signals from your nerves when part of your body is damaged.
That was a joke.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2007, 12:01:43 AM »
We also now know why your name is Ambulance Y.

Nah, man. Ambulance Y is from a song.

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2007, 11:16:22 PM »
A song about pain?  No really, what song?
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2007, 12:11:16 AM »
"Ambulance Vs. Ambulance" by The Blood Brothers.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2007, 12:22:41 AM »
Sounds kinda like Zombie vs. Ambulance. Basically anything vs. ambulance sounds cool.
every

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2007, 12:27:25 AM »
Agreed. What's Zombie vs. Ambulance? Perhaps Ambulance vs. Ambulance is a reference to it.

« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2007, 02:50:13 AM »
One time I accidentally bit my tongue so hard it bled. Didn't know I could do that. It was one of those involuntary bite-down things you know. Thinking that putting peroxide on my tongue would kill me, I left it as it was and somehow it resolved itself.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2007, 03:16:33 PM »
I got stung twice on both arms and once on my butt by a wasp when I was 5
"Follow me down to the valley below You know
Moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul Come to us, Lazarus It's time for you to go"

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2007, 10:57:27 AM »
When I was 4-5 years old when I had put my hand partly outside, and since the wind was blowing (The wind was STROOONG too), the door SLAMED shut on my hand, and my dad had to open the door so I could get my hand out.

When I was 5-6 years old, a series of events happend:

1: I got salt in my eyes.
2: I stumbled (as in, walked into) into a bush, disturbing 2 bees.
3: I accidentally trapped 1 of the bees in my hands.
4: 1 stung the back of my hand, the other on my palm.

I have some scars from when I was ages 1 day (surgery) to 5 years old.

The end.
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

« Reply #65 on: December 29, 2007, 09:33:17 PM »
Well, about a couple years ago, I was riding my bike home from school, and my right peddle bumped into a parked car, then I fell down and started sliding on the street. I scraped my hand and my knee, and tore my jacket a bit (it was a bit chilly), and I got up and went to the sidewalk. I was ok though.
Oh, and there was one time I was playing hockey, and someone took a slapshot, and I went to block it, and hit my wrist and I got a nive big bruise.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

« Reply #66 on: December 30, 2007, 01:41:08 AM »
I rode my bike to visit the high school (this was before I got my license), and when riding home, I decided to take a trip to the Blockbuster and rent Warioware: Smooth Moves. After I left, I got on my bike, and shortly fell off the curb, and off the bike. One of the handles dug into my chest, leaving a bruise just above my left nipple, as well as a few scratches on my legs and arms.

Of course, the game disc was alright, right? Thankfully, yes, as were all the other hard things in my pockets, iPod, glasses case, etc.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2007, 06:07:41 PM »
Smooth moves!

I'm sorry, I had too.
"it's always the present"

Print