Print

Author Topic: Pain!  (Read 15635 times)

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2007, 06:23:32 PM »
My friend just had a deflated lung. They had to stick a tube all the way down his throat to reinflate it. Apparently it hurt really bad. Really bad.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2007, 09:58:33 PM »
Ouch. Yeah, I would imagine that hurt a bit.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2007, 10:05:06 PM »
Lung-related stuff is indeed horribly painful.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 10:06:37 PM by WarpRattler »

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2007, 07:27:43 PM »
ㅤ ㅤ
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 02:42:45 PM by Mr.Toadsworth »

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2007, 08:41:56 PM »
I don't think I'm much of a sue person. To sue doesn't sound too appealing to me, but then again I've never been in the position of being injured due to a restaurant's neglect.

I did forget to mention a couple of my other painful experiences. A couple years ago, I got my teeth pulled, and the dentists used little to no novocaine. I could feel practically everything. It was probably the worst pain in my entire life. On a lighter note, when I was about 10, my family went out to play baseball. My dad hit a line drive right at my nose. I had a rather sizable honker and two black eyes for over a week. They called me a panda with a nose tumor.   
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2007, 12:40:00 AM »
My father sued when he broke his ankle, the money received help us buy this house. (It was that or a Disney vacation, but my mom didn't like the fact that the neighborhood was starting to go bad, so we opted for the former choice.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2007, 10:47:05 PM »
January 2003 - I was sledding down a hill at incredible speeds. Speeds you wouldn't imagine would be experienced on a sled. I think it had to do with the unusually slick material it was made out of. Anyhow, there was a dense group of trees at the bottom of the steep hill, and I don't know why, but I didn't jump off. I did, however, manuver myself so I wasn't heading for the trees headfirst. Instead, I hit one of the trees with my side. I ended up lascerating my liver! True story.

Feburary 2004 - I was once again sledding. A little girl was swinging around a snowboard for a reason I'm still unsure of. As I sledded down, the snowboard collided with my chin, and left a huge gash. It stung! The scar that remains isn't incredibly noticable, but every once and a while someone will ask about it.

Your just like Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes!

We also now know why your name is Ambulance Y.

And just to add to the thread, one time when I was jumping on a trampoline with my little brother my head came down while his came up and long story short: my tooth ended up lodged in his skull.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 10:59:01 PM by Presidente »
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2007, 01:03:32 AM »
Well, I'm in pain a lot but here are a few stories.

When I was seven, I was in gymnastics. We were starting to do flips on the balance beam. An enthusiastic (and very energetic) young girl, I was eager to try the flip. I raised my knee to high and I bruised and almost broke my nose and then I fell off, my leg under me, and fractured that. My mom was so scared that she won't (and still won't but I wish she'd get over it!) let us attend gymnastics.

The same year, after the accident in gymnastics, I attempted to clean my ear with a q-tip. I stuck it too deep and I busted my eardrum. Luckily, I recovered. My ears are very sensitive and I have a permanent ear problem: I get horrible ear aches often and very randomly and I'm on ear medicine that helps soothe the earaches for the rest of my life. I have to get the prescription refilled, as a matter of fact.

Yesterday, I was talking on the phone and I was trying to put my seatbelt on while talking on the phone. I had my thumb where the door closes (for whatever reason). I forgot my thumb was there and I closed the door with one hand. The next instance, I'm screaming and the phone has dropped from my ear into my lap. My thumb was bruised black. The blackness faded and my thumb swelled. It still hurts.

I've never broken anything but I've slammed my hand plenty of times.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 01:21:34 AM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2007, 01:05:41 AM »
Oh dang Pt_Peach, I think you've had it worse than most people on the site! :(
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2007, 05:04:31 AM »
Agh, I think I broke my third and fourth toes on my left foot last night. I was trying to maneuver through my messy room and I ran my toes into a guitar case. Last night they really hurt horribly, and now they still hurt a bit this morning. I can hardly walk on my left foot, and the ends of the toes are black and swollen.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2007, 01:12:56 PM »
These stories are all proof that God did not intend for the human body to be put through such pain on account of stupidity.  Although that can't be said for sports injuries...that just proves that pads won't protect you from everything.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2007, 01:30:43 PM »
More like, they're proof that your brain receives pain signals from your nerves when part of your body is damaged.
That was a joke.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2007, 12:01:43 AM »
We also now know why your name is Ambulance Y.

Nah, man. Ambulance Y is from a song.

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2007, 11:16:22 PM »
A song about pain?  No really, what song?
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2007, 12:11:16 AM »
"Ambulance Vs. Ambulance" by The Blood Brothers.

Print