Print

Author Topic: Pain!  (Read 15604 times)

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« on: November 06, 2007, 04:23:16 PM »
Does anyone have any crazy injury stories? They can be sad, gross, or just downright funny.

I've got a few:

January 2003 - I was sledding down a hill at incredible speeds. Speeds you wouldn't imagine would be experienced on a sled. I think it had to do with the unusually slick material it was made out of. Anyhow, there was a dense group of trees at the bottom of the steep hill, and I don't know why, but I didn't jump off. I did, however, manuver myself so I wasn't heading for the trees headfirst. Instead, I hit one of the trees with my side. I ended up lascerating my liver! True story.

Feburary 2004 - I was once again sledding. A little girl was swinging around a snowboard for a reason I'm still unsure of. As I sledded down, the snowboard collided with my chin, and left a huge gash. It stung! The scar that remains isn't incredibly noticable, but every once and a while someone will ask about it.

Funny how all my injuries involve snow. 
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 05:44:01 PM »
Some time back in 2000 I fell off my bike and slid on the road, scratching up the whole right side of my face. My face didn't look very normal until a month and a half later.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 05:48:41 PM »
I was jumping on a trampoline and I attempted a front flip. Everything was going fine until I stuck my arm out (like an idiot) to break my fall, because  I felt like I was about to land on my head (which I wasn't). I have a huge scar where the bone popped out.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 06:07:27 PM »
Do not talk to me about sledding related injuries please. Just...don't...
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 08:53:59 PM »
My worst injury ever was when I fell out of a hammock and broke my collarbone. I was about 6 or 7 at the time.

...Yeah, I try to avoid possible injury as much as I can.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 09:01:18 PM »
I was jumping on a trampoline and I attempted a front flip. Everything was going fine until I stuck my arm out (like an idiot) to break my fall, because  I felt like I was about to land on my head (which I wasn't). I have a huge scar where the bone popped out.

Did the bone really pop out? That's sick! Trampolines are very dangerous foes. I haven't injured myself on one yet, but I'm sure that if I owned one that I would.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 09:08:38 PM »
I glanced at this topic, thought it was about the Three Days Grace song, and shivered. But luckily it's not!

Anyways, I'm very fortunate. I've never broken any bone in my body, but I am a bit of a bonehead. Gotta protect my brans somehow.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 04:06:34 AM »
I once slammed my head into the door of a closet in my house. At first I thought I wasn't hurt, until I noticed a whole lot of blood trickling down my face and looked in the mirror, which revealed I had basically carved a big chunk out of the skin on the bridge of my nose. There's still a scar there today, although it's barely noticeable.
every

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 12:36:14 PM »
Never injured..... I. AM. UNBREAKABLE!

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 03:00:53 PM »
Once when I was like 6 or 7 or 8, somewhere around there, I jumped up, and upon landing twisted my ankle, fell, and bashed my forehead into a sharp edge of a table right below me. I had to go to the hospital and get stitches, and I have a pretty noticeable scar above my right eyebrow.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 06:31:30 PM »
Maybe 4 or 5?
That was a joke.

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 07:52:32 PM »
Never injured..... I. AM. UNBREAKABLE!

Same for me. I've got enough sense to know when something will go wrong.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 09:16:04 PM »
Pshaw.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:20:36 AM by Rao »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 09:32:19 PM »
When I was about 5 or 6, I fell off of a bucket and bashed my forehead into a sharp edge of a table right below me. I had to get stitches above my left eye.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 09:45:19 AM »
Could you please stop ruining this thread with attempts at being funny?

'cause Rao decides what is and isn't funny.

Print