Print

Author Topic: Is there a musician in the house?  (Read 39496 times)

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« on: December 02, 2007, 04:16:56 PM »
I thought it would be cool to find out who on the FF plays music. You can post here if you're just beginning to take lessons or if you've been playing for years.

I myself have been playing guitar for about two years. I also play bass, drums, and mandolin.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 04:22:37 PM »
I played the violin for 6 years, but I quit. :(
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 04:30:27 PM »
I've been able to play the bells/xylophone since fifth grade, though I stopped playing earlier this year. I now play keyboard. I also play cowbell, but that probably doesn't count.

I've been wanting to learn to play guitar, but I haven't replaced the broken string on my younger brother's acoustic (honestly, I don't think he even remembers that he has a guitar, considering how long I've had it put away).

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 04:39:33 PM »
I've been playing the French horn for over a decade.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 04:40:19 PM »
I've been playing the piano for...I forget, 8 years now?...and the violin for 4 years. I'm in an Orchestra class at my school, as well as an after-school Jazz Band program.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 05:37:07 PM »
I used to play the Cello, but had to give that up when we moved here (about 12 or so years ago). I started playing the clarinet in the band in 8th grade, and in 9th grade was moved into the marching band. (this taking place about 8 years ago)

After graduating high school, I didn't pick up my clarinet all that much, and started playing the piano. I found that I could play most of the music I learned on my clarinet on the piano, so I started messing with the piano more, playing mostly by ear.

As it turns out, I taught myself how to play alot of classic video game themes on the piano (some I still can't figure out on the clarinet).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 05:38:45 PM »
I can play piano, kinda; I took lessons as a li'l-un, but didn't go very far with 'em.  I generally mess up quite a bit while playing...

I also can't read sheet music worth beans (it takes me ages to work out a short bit, and even longer to figure out how the song is ACTUALLY supposed to sound), so I only really play video game music by ear anymore.
Though I do enjoy doing such.
Go Moon!

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 06:15:27 PM »
I've been playing the piano for about 5 years (my mom makes me do it) and I've been hating every second of it because I have to practice for 30 minutes a day which sometimes doesn't let me have enough time to do other stuff like play, eat, do homework, sleep.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 07:46:29 PM »
I've been playing guitar since grade 6.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 04:26:25 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2007, 08:35:23 PM »
30 minutes is bad? o_o
That was a joke.

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 08:46:46 PM »
30 minutes is bad? o_o
Seriously. My bro is going to try out for Denver Blue Knights and he only practices an hour a day.
I have been playing trumpet for over 5 years. I love it. I am just now learning how to play tenor drums.

I also play bass, drums,
I also play bass drums.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 08:50:48 PM »
I've played Trumpet for almost five years, and guitar for two years.

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2007, 09:09:27 PM »
I've been playing [electric] guitar now for three-and-a-half years, and am self-taught on bass guitar (though the guitar lessons work for both guitar and bass :P). I can also sing, and used to be one of the best in my class in 3rd grade. Of course, many things have changed since then. Nowadays, $5 is pocket change!
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2007, 02:35:49 AM »
I play the Comb-With-Paper-Over-It and Blade-Of-Grass. Been playin' for about six years now. I dabble in blowing across jug openings but I'm pretty n00b at it.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2007, 12:30:04 PM »
I play a mean "I've Been Working on the Railroad" on a piano.

Print