Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 225589 times)

« Reply #255 on: April 30, 2008, 09:03:14 PM »
Jell-O Pudding Pops are a delightful evening snack.
Fixed.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #256 on: April 30, 2008, 09:05:04 PM »
Last night I dreamed that I changed my sig on here.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #257 on: May 01, 2008, 06:38:59 AM »
Fixed.
LOL...
Alright, you win!

Naturally, when I wanted a GameCube many years ago, I had plenty of dreams featuring them in my possession... but not when I woke up.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #258 on: May 01, 2008, 09:39:05 AM »
I have a couple of dreams to talk about.

The first one I had a few weeks ago. I dreamt I was buddies with Shigeru Miyamoto! Like, I was showing him my Mario stuff (which I had a lot more of in said dream than in RL) and he'd let me come with him to interviews and stuff. It was a pretty cool dream, but it came to a quick end when my dumb sister and her equally annoying kids came to my house.

The other dream I had Friday night. It...just baffles me and I'm willing to bet that I had it for a reason. Basically in this one I put my head on someone's chest and listened to their heartbeat. Thing is, I didn't actually see who it was. I think the likely candidates are...

my dad: He's still in the hospital after all this time...
my boyfriend: He's in Kentucky right now and I kinda miss him.
Luigi: Don't ask about this one, although Kojinka can probably guess.

Luckily, the dream only lasted about a minute. Minute thirty seconds tops. Anyway, I get the feeling that my subconscious is telling me that I should do something about this loneliness thing that I've been having lately and seek out someone for comfort...or something. What do you guys make of it?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #259 on: May 09, 2008, 07:20:48 PM »
I had a decidedly wacko dream last night.

I was watching the news with my family (something that actually never happens in real life) and the report was about Joseph Stalin declaring war on the United States. I know he's long dead and all now, but in my dream he was alive and well, dictating Russia in modern times. I felt like I had seen everything in the report already, maybe from an earlier one--a roof was on fire, and lots of signs like the ones you see promoting local politicians, "Richard Mann for treasurer..." but they were all in Russian, saying threatening things and exalting Stalin, of course. I don't actually know any Russian.

There was also a kid on fire, the only thing that felt new in the dream, and he was too busy writhing in agony to roll after stopping and dropping. Some cops tried to roll him around manually, but he resisted, screeching. His chin caught on fire, resembling a beard. One of the cops hit him with his nightstick saying, "Roll, stupid kid!" Then, the cops ran away as the kid exploded. It was pretty nasty and very very weird, but there was no blood--just organs.

In my history class, we're long past any discussion about the USSR, so I don't know why I had this dream.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #260 on: May 10, 2008, 11:35:01 AM »
I've been reading Freud's Interpretation of Dreams, and many examples are given of dreams filled with seemingly unimportant aspects of our lives (that may have not even been thought of for years), versus the common belief that you dream of what's on your mind in the waking state. This could explain Bird Person's Stalin dream.

I actually write down my dreams in a notebook, because it's entertaining to reread, and it tells me things about myself. I recommend that to everyone. A recent interesting point was the first Spanish that was ever spoken in my dream. There was this Hispanic janitor and she sat in a hall of school with me and I can't recall what exactly she said in Spanish, but it was definitely Spanish.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 11:39:54 AM by Ambulance Y »
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2008, 02:04:57 AM »
I also like writing down my dreams right after I wake up, but I usually type them into Notepad, and then inject them into a template for my very own Subcon section.

Speaking of which, there are four retellings available that weren't linked before. I highly recommend the fifth one-- perhaps you can get your own rendition of the nightmare if you think about it enough!

* Amusing Append to The Museum: I discovered on the last day of my Honors Seminar that Heidi, who I was definitely attracted to, was married (despite being my age). This is one of the reasons why rings are important-- and she had one.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 02:09:15 AM by Suffix »

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2008, 09:12:17 PM »
You some incredibly detailed dreams, Suffix.

I've recently decided that I officially hate the idea of black-and-white symbolism in dreams. Such as "clouds represent a new love", or "windows represent a mindset", and the like. Reality is usually sacked during the dream. Morality and instinct are scrambled. And if there is indeed symbolism in dreams, it would probably be on a personal basis.

Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2008, 09:37:49 PM »
Such as "clouds represent a new love", or "windows represent a mindset", and the like.
[danecook]What about getting chased by a crab wearing loafers and shooting lightning out of its eyes?[/danecook]

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2008, 09:48:04 PM »
I've recently decided that I officially hate the idea of black-and-white symbolism in dreams. Such as "clouds represent a new love", or "windows represent a mindset", and the like. Reality is usually sacked during the dream. Morality and instinct are scrambled. And if there is indeed symbolism in dreams, it would probably be on a personal basis.
Heck, I decided that a long time ago. I can probably count on one hand the number of dreams I've had that directly correlate to some sort of insecurity in my life and/or make sense.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #265 on: May 14, 2008, 12:22:15 AM »
Indeed, I have some very detailed, and very movie-like dreams. Some of them don't even have me in them.

We read quite a bit about Freud in my Psych 198 class, and let me tell you, he was under fire from all sides and times (sort of) for his sketchy publications.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #266 on: May 14, 2008, 06:30:13 AM »
I have dreams a lot of the time where I'm both some sort of omniscent viewer and a person in the dream. Other times, I go back and both between being two people interacting in a dream.

« Reply #267 on: May 14, 2008, 05:01:45 PM »
I first-handedly experienced death in my dream.

I was captured for some reason, taken to a metal bedframe (with a strange-looking mattress on it), and placed on it. Some guy asked me what kind of death I wanted, and before I could reply, he fiddled with some buttons, pulled out a small pistol, and shot me. Then I started floating around the room incoherently.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #268 on: May 14, 2008, 05:12:41 PM »
I had this really long elaborate dream I died in and the dream went into third person view afterward.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #269 on: May 14, 2008, 05:25:57 PM »
I don't think I've ever died in a dream... I mean, I've been a ghost, but I can't recall experiencing the actual process.

Print