Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 227004 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #465 on: August 18, 2008, 05:57:23 AM »
I was in a Lego town somewhere, and I needed to get to a listening room in a certain library. Doc Brown was going to help me get there, so I met him at a gas station. He was wearing a big red hat to disguise himself from the bad guys, and had a mechanical arm on his back, so that when he was giving me directions, someone watching him from behind would think he was pointing me in a different direction than he actually was. Eventually, me, a female friend of mine, and a kid whose ethnicity seemed to change every time I looked at him, all got onto a ferry that would take us to the library. On the way there, I started counting my money, and didn't get done until we were at the library. I had more twenties than I usually do, several million-dollar bills (which I knew weren't actually money), at least two two-dollar bills, a genuine $220 bill and $280 bill from 1800, which I had bought from a rummage sale for a few cents each, and wondered if the library would accept as money. When we got to the island where the library was, I was still looking at all the money in my wallet, and in there, I found a package to my mom from one of her friends, that was apparently some Precious Moments-type figurine guy that she was looking for. Finally, I went inside the library, which was very cool-looking. I started to go to the back of one of the familiar-looking library rooms, but realized that probably wasn't where the listening room was. Instead, I went into the big room with the enormous round staircase that was, like the rest of the floor, draped in orange patterned carpeting. I ran up and down the staircase, but then stopped, realizing I probably shouldn't be running in a library. I brushed myself off and started walking up the stairs at a reasonable pace. Once I got to the top, I saw a nook that led to several audio-related rooms. I passed over the audio recording room on the left for the listening room on the right, which a family had just walked out of. I was holding a guitar at this point, which I didn't plan on using, but was just carrying to look more moody. In the listening room, before I got around to listening to what I was supposed to listen to, I somehow stumbled upon a music video of some girl singing about Tetris and sex. It turned out that this library had a thing where you can submit music videos to them and they'll keep them in there for anyone who wants to listen to them, and they also give them a professional review. This video had gotten a "Very Low" on the library's "Teen Sex Likeliness" rating, and 1 out of 10 golden eggs overall, with the recommendation to find more catchy Tetris-based lines. Just for kicks, I looked up another video, involving a fat shirtless guy, that I knew was a huge hit on YouTube. It had gotten almost word-for-word the exact same review, with the same 1 out of 10 golden eggs, and I realized that in YouTube, like in real life, it's not about quality but about getting the right people to see you. Then I woke up before I ever listened to what I was supposed to listen to.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #466 on: August 18, 2008, 09:58:31 PM »
Is there a job where all you do is sell weird dream ideas to animation studios for use in children's cartoons? Because if so, you really should look into that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #467 on: August 19, 2008, 12:10:25 AM »
I should at least think about making some art films out of them. I am a film major, after all.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #468 on: August 19, 2008, 07:57:32 AM »
Funny. Just last night I dreamed I was one of my characters.

Specifically, it started out as the origin story for my little blue blob, Gibber. Now, originally, his place of origin was supposed to be Darkest Africa, but for some reason, this dream took place in the Australian outback. It opened with a brief scene of some people trudging along, and then the camera panned over to a group of Gibberish (Gibber's species) standing around near some lizards, and then shifting their shapes to hide amongst the lizards (as they're usually known to do).

The people in question turned out out to be oil-drillers, and they were actually a bunch of American workers lead by some Australian guy in a suit. Apparently the place where they came to drill the holes was actually the same spot where a colony of Gibberish lived underground (which I never even considered before this dream). Once they drilled the hole, the dream shifted to first-person perspective, and I was seeing all the action from Gibber's point of view.

It was here that I enacted the scene where Gibber makes human contact for the first time ever, except here it was with a bunch of American oil-drillers in Australia led by an Aussie businessman instead of my original idea, which was supposed to be a bunch of English biologists in Darkest Africa led by a female scientist.

I'm wondering if I should actually go along with the changes this dream made to my script.

« Reply #469 on: August 21, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »
I had a dream last night where I was wandering around a kitchen and found some switches on the wall. Naturally, I figured they were light switches, but it turns out they toggled a bunch of different laser security systems. I think I was hit by one, but it didn't kill me... it just burned... and it was green. This occurred at night in a kitchen with no lights on, so it added onto the creepiness of the whole situation. I guess it serves me right for trespassing in a kitchen at night.

There was more to the dream, but that's the only part worth posting. Everything else was either boring or I forgot it.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #470 on: August 23, 2008, 02:03:38 PM »
This is only an small part of a dream I had long ago, which I don't remember clearly, so I will just write the most interesting part.

I was in the street fighting a psychic hobo, who had the power to paralyze people. He paralyzed me in the middle in the street, and a car was coming towards me. I for some unknown reason managed to escape from his powers just in time to avoid the car. I then, somehow, managed to reflect his powers back to him. Another car came, but he couldn't escape, so he was ran over.
Don't use real life to avoid videogames, it is not healthy to escape from problems.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #471 on: August 23, 2008, 08:20:10 PM »
Last night I dreamed that my mom made a marijuana pizza.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #472 on: August 23, 2008, 08:34:07 PM »
Is it possible you just gave a description of a dream that was short and to the point?

I'm impressed!
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #473 on: August 24, 2008, 09:53:45 PM »
A night or two ago, I dreamt, among other things, that there was an Animal Crossing game coming to the PSP. I was trying to wrap my head around how that was possible...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #474 on: August 25, 2008, 09:28:28 PM »
<Lizard_Dude> I had some weird dreaming last night
<Lizard_Dude> First I was dreaming I was in the Questionable Content universe hanging out
<Lizard_Dude> Then I eventually woke up (in the dream) and found my house (old Havre one) being overrun by 4chan people
<Lizard_Dude> They were putting bananas on stuff and running around breaking stuff
<Lizard_Dude> Eventually I was calling the cops and reading their license plates
<Lizard_Dude> After that I think I had some adventures with SG-1
<NoomDespilce> How often do your dreams involve adventures with SG-1?
<Lizard_Dude> 99% of the time

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #475 on: September 07, 2008, 07:35:31 AM »
I had another maze-type dream this morning. This time I was wearing some protective armor as I was sneaking around in a building Metal Gear Solid-style so I could find and destroy a generator of some sort with a pocket-size flamethrower. Also, like the last dream, I picked up some unusual items such as a Master Ball. Shame I didn't use it for anything. Should've tried it on that moron kid that wouldn't leave me alone.

Oddly, this is one of the more tame dreams I've had.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #476 on: September 07, 2008, 05:53:33 PM »
Chronological order here is kind of fuzzy at the beginning, but at the end, it was one of the most vivid dreams I've ever had (but some of the chronology there is also fuzzy).

I think at the beginning, I was on a beach with a guy claiming to be Jesus, from a movie. He threw a brick into the ocean, saying it landed on Noah's ark. I asked if that meant the ark was made out of bricks, and the person next to me told me not to bother asking him anything. Suddenly, I was in Noah's ark, with Zachary Ty Bryan and Jonathon Taylor Thomas, when they were around 14, as their characters from a nonexistent movie where Zachary Ty Bryan played the spoiled kid of a rich guy who was marrying Jonathon Taylor Thomas's mother (It was sort of like Man of The House, I think, but not really). The ark was also part of a movie. The animals on the ark were all little wooden carvings, as a stylistic choice of the filmmaker. Zachary Ty Bryan and Jonathon Taylor Thomas suddenly got about 8 years younger, and were my brothers, and we were at a summer camp on the last day. The movie had a happy ending. Shortly thereafter, I was on the porch in my house with my brothers and sister, who may have been Zachary Ty Bryan and Jonathon Taylor Thomas again. While I wasn't looking, they turned into insects, and I didn't notice. I was trying to get them to help me come up with words to a song about my dad to the tune of Crown Him With Many Crowns (which I thought was God Save The Queen/My Country 'Tis of Thee while I was asleep), but they didn't help, so I turned back to the stairs, figuring "Well, no sitcom endings here. We already got him a present anyway." Suddenly, our family was in a car driven by my dad. There were Gideon New Testaments on the ground, including a yellow one I used to have (not in real life; mine is green), which now had its front cover missing. Jonathon Taylor Thomas (who was now more like Alex D. Linz in Home Alone 3) picked it up back at the summer camp. The car kept moving, swerving quite a bit, and I wondered why my mom wasn't getting on my dad's case for driving like that. And sometimes I was my dad. Some of the swerves were so close that dad/me almost clotheslined people with his arms sticking out the window while taking the brightly-colored top off of his coffee cup (his arms always moved out of the way just in time). We slowed down as we saw a bright red Model T with a checkerboard pattern on its roof coming toward us, and a banana-yellow Model T in front of us. They both tried to turn into the driveway for the antique car show at the same time, and crashed. We weren't sure if we should stay for the police report or not, but we saw firefighters coming, so we figured we should get out of the way. The car turned into a train, and I started making a little more progress with that song (I think it was "Hail him Daah-deee!/Long may his banner fly!"). We were all in the locomotive, and the car may have actually turned into the train earlier. Suddenly, the locomotive gave a huge lurch and started going ridiculously fast as we went up a hill coming up near a city. As the train reached the peak of the hill, it derailed, going straight up and hitting the ceiling. Then everything went dark. I knew I was just lying down on my bed with my eyes closed, but I pretended I thought I was dead so the dream would keep going. I accidentally moved my left hand, and hoped I wouldn't notice. I saw a blog, all white with grey text, with posts apparently written by me (or by someone else writing from my perspective) about my death. The first was lamenting memories. Another was about things fading. The second to last was "Is that it?" The last was about how the train company charged us $455.35 for the trip that killed us. Then I woke up.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 06:03:24 PM by CrossEyed7 »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #477 on: September 08, 2008, 06:43:47 PM »
I was on the second floor of a building on campus at my college, and lots of people were standing in line to get into a room. A girl I know went into an elevator that doesn't exist in real life, and I decided to follow her. The elevator's floor was oddly sloped, like a stadium. We were going down and I knew we would end up on the first floor of the city's library. She got out and I stayed in the elevator to return to my previous location. I went 4 floors up instead of two, but then the elevator grew windows and I knew I was in some kind of helicopter where I heard a voice on loudspeaker say "Aren't you going to return him to his destination? Why don't you come back down, No. 4?" After that the helicopter detached from the wall and began flailing about wildly in a 2-story construction zone that started on the third floor of this building. It was all unfinished and dusty, and as the helicopter lurched, it went lower and I saw another person from college in a tuxedo, shaking his head. I went back up, tilted at about a 45 degree angle, hit the ceiling, and came back down.
That was a joke.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #478 on: September 11, 2008, 03:52:52 AM »
Blargh...just had a dream a few minutes ago...

I was playing a game that seemed like a mix of New Super Mario Bros. and Yoshi's Island. By that I mean the game was played as Mario and had power-ups like Mushrooms and Blue Shells, but it used the physics from Yoshi's Island. Heck, at one point I even saw a few flying Snifits carrying Baby Mario. At least he wasn't crying. That would've woke me up. Unfortunately, the game is apparently rather buggy since I kept getting into glitches like falling off the top of the screen and dying. Eventually I got a Game Over which, for some reason, used the good night music from Chrono Trigger.

Great. I'm up three and a half hours early.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #479 on: September 18, 2008, 07:53:20 AM »
I had this most strange dream. First it was a normal day and it was lunch time. I waited around (but not where I usually do) for my friends to get out of their classes so we could go, but they weren't coming. So I went over to this really long line where they were standing waiting to get food. I told them, "Don't you know you're standing in the longest line ever?" And so we took off leaving a guy they were talking to, who was named John and basically looked like a more ogre-like version of the John who I'd just gotten out of that line.

Walking down an existent street (but again one I don't normally walk down) we seemed to forget we were going to lunch and came to this abandoned apartment-type building. Since it was getting late and all we stayed there. It was free anyway. There were only two beds so I slept on the floor.

Then none of that was important anymore as the premise of the dream completely changed. I was a Yoshi and there was a boss upstairs in that building. It was a big mechanical centipede-type boss. Only its head and tail were touchable objects, the segments were all electric balls. I would eat the first segment (adjacent to its head) and one at a time, the adjacent segments would disappear. When it got about halfway down its body, though, the segments would reappear at the same rate. So I'd have to eat a segment before the halfway mark before they started regenerating to make sure they didn't reappear. When all the segments were gone I'd take the tail piece and jam it into a unit on the wall to shut the head down. I didn't realize that art first so the wall unit said something like, "Well this is retarded. Without any other body parts the head can't hurt you so I may as well kill it and myself. Bye." And so it shut itself down.

Then I had nothing left to do but wake up. Myeeeh.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print