Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 227047 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #690 on: February 25, 2009, 07:19:40 PM »
For some reason I was taking three different kinds of estrogen pills. I had gotten some kind of heart surgery or something that called for it. I could get the pills free on campus any time by scanning my ID card on a machine that looked strikingly like the machines that actually are on campus in real life where you can get maxi pads and tampons for a quarter. And the one I was at was kind of in a subway alcove. I took the pills out -- one was blue, one was white with red writing on it, and one was orange and didn't taste good -- and started carrying them. As I went outside, I saw Kristen (a girl who I'm friends with in real life and have had a growing crush on for about a year now). I didn't want her to see me with estrogen pills, and my pants temporarily didn't have pockets. I didn't want to avoid her, but I had to. I noticed that the sweat on my hand had made the red text on the one pill start running.

I don't remember what happened with the pills, but I ended up at a party, not thinking much of anything interesting would happen. For some reason, I had taken off my shirt and jacket. Something weird was going on with my pants too. I climbed across the backs of sofas filled with people. I fell down once, stepping on some people's jackets on the floor. I apologized to them and got back up on the backs of the sofas, trying to get to the back of the room.

Suddenly, I saw Kristen. She didn't see me, but she was apparently going to come into the room. I quickly put my shirt on, wanting to look dignified for her.

We were about to watch a movie, something about kids talking about puttin up Ten Commandments things in cities (they were actually talking about the court decision that came out today that if the government puts it up, it's fine, because government speech can't be regulated or something. Probably because that's what was on the TV at the time and it was seeping in.).

So anyway, we ended up with the movie playing and her sitting on the end of the sofa and I sat next to her, though not too close. I didn't get as close as I wanted to, so I scooted a bit closer a few times. She smiled at me.

Suddenly, the sofa was in the back yard of Sid from Toy Story. We were still sort of watching the movie, but it gradually turned into a discussion with people sitting opposite us on another sofa, and lots more people came in. Most of them were black and many of them were comically fat. One sat between me and Kristen, then about three more, while an argument broke out about why Bush was sending more troops to Afghanistan.

I got tired of it, and wanted to leave, but I'm not sure what I did. Somehow, the party thing ended up being over. On the floor were Kristen's green striped flip-flops and my plain blue ones. I picked one of hers up and gave it to her, thinking something about having written a book about either her or the girl in the movie. Then I started picking mine up, noticing that they were kind of torn up. I didn't care, but while mentally going over the (non-existent) "How To Make A Girl Fall In Love With You" page on wikihow.com, I remembered that one of the bullet points said to mull over your flip-flops if they were broken, so I did for a few seconds before picking up Kristen's other flip-flop and handing it to her. I think the flip-flops ended up on the coffee table along with the book, and I went and did something for a little while, and then came back, hoping to tell her goodbye or that I like her or something, but instead of her, there was a guy selling some kind of cash register or something that had subtly been being advertised this whole time. I wanted to cry, but instead, while the tears were pooling, I just laughed at the irony of the whole thing. Then I woke up, because I could tell I was almost awake anyway, and didn't see much point in extending it.

(tl;dr: I squandered opportunities to talk to my crush.)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #691 on: February 25, 2009, 07:55:18 PM »
At some point in a dream last night I was in Rapture and in a firefight involving some of the people in my English class.

« Reply #692 on: February 28, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »
(tl;dr: I squandered opportunities to talk to my crush.)
Just say "Hey, how are you? Wanna catch a movie this week? I heard (movie's title) was playing." Or something like that. Find out what she takes interest in doing. And don't come on too strong. Play it cool. You don't have to take my advice, just do what feels right. And sooner or later, all of the chips will fall into the right places.

I had a dream yesterday and it was about Super Mario Sunshine. It seemed like I was on the stage where you meet Gooper Blooper for the first time, but I (as Mario) was hanging from a sphere-shaped cage trying to get to what looked liked a giant inflatable raft. That was it. I hope my dream's not trying to tell me that a Super Mario Sunshine 2 is coming...probably not.

And I had another dream today. It was daylight and I was in the garage holding an orange gun (like the one from CS) and someone with really pale skin was just laying on the ground. I walked over to the person laying there and it violently grabbed my arm. I pulled away and slammed the door shut. Then I opened the door again and it was dark. I didn't know if that weird person was still in there, so a shot some type of plasma bomb into the garage which caused a huge explosion. After the explosion, I went back upstairs and that's when my dream ended.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #693 on: February 28, 2009, 05:42:36 PM »
I don't think anyone especially cares to get advice for romantic success in dreams.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

CrossEyed7

« Reply #694 on: February 28, 2009, 06:17:02 PM »
Well, she's also my crush in real life.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #695 on: February 28, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »
Among other things, part of my dream a few nights back involved there being two massive Welsh Corgis outside my school with saddle-seats on them a la those Indian elephants they let people ride on. They did, of course, appear to be there for that purpose, and were adorable even in their imposing stature.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #696 on: March 01, 2009, 03:04:03 PM »
Someday, Shadow Brain, I will genetically engineer  a giant Welsh Corgi to be my steed.

Speaking of which, I had a dream Shadow Brain went to my school and hung out with BP and I. The day did not turn out well once the subject got to video games.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #697 on: March 08, 2009, 06:02:21 PM »
I just finished reading The Hunger Games last night, so I had a dream I was in the Hunger Games.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them. One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #698 on: March 08, 2009, 06:36:08 PM »
Someday, Shadow Brain, I will genetically engineer  a giant Welsh Corgi to be my steed.

Speaking of which, I had a dream Shadow Brain went to my school and hung out with BP and I. The day did not turn out well once the subject got to video games grammar.

Fixed.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #699 on: March 08, 2009, 10:01:55 PM »
Thank you... I think.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #700 on: March 16, 2009, 10:35:12 AM »
I was on the set of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire. During a question, a fire broke out in the audience. No one thought it was a big deal, and the show kept on going. The fire spread to a big plastic Millionaire logo they had in the audience. It split in half on clean, wavy lines, and opened up, and when it closed again, it was all bent and stuff. I ran out the basement, which looked like the basement of that fashion restaurant from the one episode of Just Shoot Me.

Then I was Light, except I was good. I was sitting on something that was either stairs or bleachers. I noticed L. I decided to sit down really close next to him to see how he'd react. Suddenly I noticed he had his arm around me, so I did the same. Then we had to team up because we had just discovered a yaoi fanfic of the two of us that we had to destroy. I think the girl from Gurren Lagaan was there, and she helped, even though she wanted to read it. There may have been something in here that involved a lot of Legos and a quickly-sinking ship full of bad guys and alternate universes in theme parks and L being an underwater banshee and me watching the whole thing on a big TV somewhere else (this mashup included, among other things, the latest Order of the Stick strip, my recent rediscovery of Roller Coaster Tycoon, and DeceasedCrab's LP of Archon). Somehow we ended up destroying the fanfic, and I asked L if it was still okay for us to hug now.

Then I was sort of Hiro Nakamura and sort of me. This part opened with a title reading something like "What I wish happened at Pinehearst" although I realized halfway through the dream that Pinehearst didn't make sense in that context, and couldn't remember if that was even what it said. It may have said somewhere else. It was supposed to be from my first week of college, 2 1/2 years ago. I had gotten some kind of grade report that didn't seem to bode well. I sat down at a circular table across from two or three advisors, who were discussing why I wasn't a "people person." One guy wondered out loud, in a patronizing "oh isn't that cute but let's get serious now" tone and using far too many finger quotes, if it was because I liked "computers" and "fixing" them with "technology." This reminded me of something that had happened earlier in the dream which I can't remember now except that it involved me and my mom realizing something about someone else and an anniversary of something. Then the lady advisor started saying something, equally stupid and annoying, and I shouted "THIS IS WHY I'M NOT a people person" (my voice faded out toward the end; I hadn't fully intended it to, but I think after I got their attention with the yelling at the beginning, the whispering at the end may have been even more effective) I continued, "Because MOST PEOPLE SUCK!" I ran out of the room. The outside of this building changed from the sports field at college to the outside of my house. I spent quite a while inside; long enough that the people outside trying to get me should have gotten me already. Somewhere along the line my pants and underwear disappeared, and I approached the door to the outside wearing only a T-shirt and a watch. Planning to streak past the SWAT team outside for some reason, I first took off the watch, then started taking the shirt off, still walking toward the door. The shirt was a bit tight, and I couldn't quite get it off before getting outside. I pulled harder and finally got it off, then ran into my yard, where I collapsed and started seeing myself in third-person mode, gradually becoming another person separate from Hiro -- this was probably the first time since the beginning that I had been reminded that I was also Hiro. Suddenly, another Hiro, apparently from the future, fell from the sky. He was wearing clothes similar to the traditional FutureHiro's clothes, but I knew that he had teleported somewhere naked and then shot a man wearing a leather jacket and taken his clothes from him. He also didn't have the goatee that FutureHiro has. Kojinka came in, a stack of papers in her hands, and asked me why I would draw these pictures of Waluigi after destroying that fanfic of Light and L (and I may have partially been Light at this point). I didn't remember drawing any pictures of Waluigi, so I asked her to show them to me. When I first saw the first one in the stack, it looked like I had, for some reason, drawn Waluigi naked and genitalless, running from a fully clothed Wario who had turned into a spring. Upon closer examination, I gradually realized that Waluigi was completely clothed, and wasn't sure why Kojinka had a problem. All three or so of the pictures were done quite skillfully in crayon on light yellow paper, and had highly distorted perspectives, kind of fish-eye-like.

Somewhere in one of those, I was talking to someone about how Wario was probably going to be president after Obama. I called both of them Hussein, which led to some confusion.

tl;dr: Regis Philbin probably died in a fire. Then I was Light and I hugged L in a completely non-sexual way before we went on a crazy adventure to destroy a fanfic about us. He is very huggable. He felt nice. Then I, as Hiro, explained to overzealous guidance counselors why I'm apparently anti-social, streaked for a little while, and was confronted by Kojinka about pictures I drew that at first seemed obscene, but weren't. Then Wario was president.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #701 on: March 19, 2009, 12:15:15 PM »
I was a young girl, or listening to and envisioning a recounted story about one (for clarity, I'll just refer to myself as the girl). I was walking into some kind of building, part home improvement store, part barn-shaped restaurant (inside, it was somewhere between a grocery store and a restaurant that looked like the Ponderosa we used to go to), with my parents, and I was lagging behind a bit. I had long hair and a purple baseball cap, and it was really windy. I think the story was being recounted to me and I was imagining it, and just like the girl from The Fall (great movie, btw), I used pieces of my own experiences to fill it out -- the hair felt like my hair, especially at the ends, the hat was the same purple as one of my t-shirts, had the 1-up Mushroom from a green hat I have, and when the wind blew the hat off my head, it stayed stuck on my hair for a while, as has happened once or twice in real life. The hat stayed stuck to my hair for a while, but eventually it blew away behind me. I wanted to go back and get it, but I didn't want to lose my parents in the crowd. Then someone came up, grabbed the hat off the ground, and handed it to me, and I made sure to hold onto it tight.

The person telling the story to me told me that while the hat was on her shoulder, she had felt a strange, beautiful sensation, and somehow knew that it was God keeping her hat from blowing away. I wasn't totally convinced, but I was intrigued. She continued that once inside, nothing that her parents got her as a gift in that vaguely-defined building could compare to that experience.

Later, I went to do my radio show without a playlist prepared. But I think the dream shifted before the show actually started.

Later still, I had bought a bunch of t-shirts online while I was at college, and now that I was back home, my mom was washing some of them. One was some odd pink and green mishmash of political figures with Mario's head replaced with Mickey Mouse's face in front of all of it. My mom didn't get the point of it (and now that I'm awake, neither do I), and she said I was going to get an award for Worst Replaced Corporate Logo. She told me this by replacing the label on an old t-shirt I have that looks like a Heinz bottle (I've had it for so long that I remember deciding not to wear it in 2004 in case people thought it meant I was voting for Kerry) with a label saying something about the Worst Replaced Corporate Logo award. One was an old-timey world map, which, when washed, somehow became a large, flat square, with no apparent arm holes or anything. I convinced myself that somehow it worked as a shirt. My mom was impressed with this one, especially when I told her it was only ten dollars. One of the shirts on the website was a made-up female cartoon character who somehow conveyed some kind of message I agreed with. I don't think I got that shirt, but someone a few feet away from me did, and I may have gotten the action figure of her (if I did, I think I got it in the barn restaurant thing). Then there was another shirt sort of like the Mario/Mickey one that I ended up wearing.

It was cold outside, and I was watching some kind of show like the Today show. In this area, the local networks shuffled to different channels every few months, but it wasn't based on ratings, even though it seemed like it. One of the several hosts was a guy who, from certain angles, looked for all the world like Joe Biden. They mentioned that they had some mimes in their green room, and switched the cameras over to there so we could see them. The green room looked a lot like the inside of the barn restaurant place. Inside were two mimes painted to look like statues. One was dressed as Abraham Lincoln and painted mostly silver, the other was supposed to be John Wilkes Booth and was painted to look wooden. The hosts asked them to start dancing stiffly. Suddenly a Jefferson Davis mime rode in on a black horse wearing black armor and carrying an ax with a head bigger than Abraham Lincoln's body, although you could tell from the way it moved that it was made from plastic or rubber or something. The horse reared back. A woman ran up and opened the hotel doors, then ran out of the way, and the horse, with Jefferson Davis, rode through the doors, leaving a woman between the inside doors and the outside doors, carrying a baby, who I think was different than the door-opening woman, very surprised. Someone picked up a piece of aluminum shaped like an M&M, red, with some kind of intricate design on it framing a logo for something. Either a soda brand other than Dr Pepper, or Big Red, I don't remember. It had been dented a bit when the horse ran over it. I went and stood in the place between the doors, which suddenly shrunk, and people started coming in for the costume party. The only ones I remember were a trio of siblings dressed as Mario, Luigi, and Peach. All of them were blond and freckly and midwesterny and normal (for some reason I didn't find it odd that the girl's breasts were hairy and nippleless and around her waist and sticking out of the bottom of her shirt) and probably lived on a farm. I knew that that was a setup for them being horribly dismembered by the monster later, and I wondered why horror movies always had to do that. Then I remembered a horror movie where the heroine was kind of a slut, and I said to myself while waking up, "But isn't it still the same mindset?"

tl;dr: While a girl, God saved my hat. I was briefly unprepared. My mom washed weird t-shirts. Then there was a total mindscrew thing with mimes that I'm not gonna bother trying to figure out.

« Reply #702 on: March 19, 2009, 05:22:30 PM »
I've been keeping a dream diary since the 18th of January this year so I could remember my crazy dreams for sharing at times like this. One of my personal faves is the one from January 26, where Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman from MythBusters were my science teachers.We were working on Diet Coke and Mentos rigs as the assignment while Adam and Jamie were making dorodango poo-balls like in their idiom special. Then my freshman physics teacher, Mr Rarer, came in and said someone had stolen a machine he made, intended to be ultra energy efficient but in reality was extremely inefficient. He planned to destroy it and use its parts for scrap once he got it back so the same thing couldn't happen again. I had to stop this random girl from using it to cause an even worse energy crisis. And Adam and Jamie cheered me on. :3
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #703 on: March 22, 2009, 09:36:38 AM »
last night I had this funny dream where it first started out with Mario, Lukatu and Boo ina corner sleeping in a corner of a room what seemed to be based of the castle in Mario 64 but it was night time. Me and my brother were playing Half-Life 2 and I supposed at this part was transposed into the game and I saw Boo running away from me as I stood still, trying to get a pictures of this hole scene as a cameo for nindb. Soon after that, I went into a room where there was a Super Nintendo with Mario All-stars playing on a TV, with manuals and other classic nintendo games laying around  and again I was trying to convince my brother to take pictures for cameos. A few minuted later I would turn around being shrunken (for some unknown odd reason) and mysteriously It would appear that these kids having a party with dips were playing Pilot Wings ( I now like that game after playing it profusely a few weeks ago, :) ) and then I had to leave the room after we took the pictures.

As soon as I woke up, I had to get my brother (who was in the dream with me) to get on his computer and take those pictures and e-mail them to me but I soon realized it sadly was a dream.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #704 on: March 22, 2009, 12:54:52 PM »
Cruella told me about her plan to make a dalmatian coat out of my dogs, and informed me that this meant I was going to be fired, since she wouldn't need me to make any other coats for her once she had that. I started walking down the Dickensian streets in the rainx, and a friend of mine drove up in a Model T and told me to get in. I did, and I became sort of invisible and changed my name to some arrangement of the letters in Google, and for some reason I was Harry Potter, and my friend was some other fictional character I can't remember. Some girls were walking by and my friend called to them to get in the car. I was a bit trepidated, but I decided it was a good idea. They were fictional characters too, and we went around introducing ourselves. I didn't want to say I was Harry, because I thought it would seem arrogant or something, so I just said that if I said much about myself, I'd make it too obvious who I was. We drove to a city of giant animals on top of a hill. I remember a giant butterfly, who I talked to by pointing a Wiimote at. There was a Balance Board behind a tree which worked as a save point. The city was also kind of a dollar store. The animals were discussing which candidates best supported anime interests, because they were apparently supposed to be anime characters. I don't know why.

Somewhere along the line I was on a large spinning thing, eating with my younger siblings. I suggested that the next time we go on here, we sit closer to the center, so it wouldn't be spinning so fast. The spinning thing gradually became some sort of cruise ship that we were having a family reunion on, and then became my grandma's old house while I was walking and talking to my aunt about my grandma. At first I told her that my grandma, who for some reason I thought was named Ahorse (pronounced exactly the way you'd think), had died a few years ago, but then I realized she didn't. Somehow I got everyone else's names and histories right after that.

Also, in my last dream, I forgot to mention that there was a part where a car hit another car causing it to crash into my house at 70 MPH. And another part where I felt uneasy about selling tactics in dollar stores.

Print