Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 227032 times)

« Reply #735 on: June 09, 2009, 05:16:46 PM »
This reminds me of a few nights ago, I was in a dream and I didn't know whether I was actually dreaming or not, so I jumped out the window of a two-story building to find out

Obviously, I need to find smarter ways to test if I'm dreaming or not, however I think I would have a bit more common sense if I were actually awake

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #736 on: June 10, 2009, 12:12:47 PM »
Haven't posted a dream in a while, and I think I really need to get back to doing this, so this is what I can remember of my dream last night. It isn't much.

Something happened where I was. I needed to go somewhere to find something to fix that, so I sort of tentatively climbed in my dad's car (in real life, my dad accompanied me on a trial drive, since I'm going to do driver's training) and went somewhere really slowly. I was driving in this road in the middle of some kind of area with a lot of trees and I slowly kind of realized I wouldn't get there fast enough, and I kind of didn't have a license. I turned the car around, thinking I wouldn't get home soon enough, but all the space I'd covered sort of disappeared and I wound up right at my house, which seemed to be distinctively more tan than usual.

Yeah, I forget most of the details. There was a lot more to it than this. Something like that last part happened in a dream I had a long time ago, actually - I was climbing up an ascent in a dark cave after some kind of adventure to get back home, and arrived in my upstairs, only to look back and find the cave shrinking and eventually being replaced by the stairs. My brother was coming upstairs, too.

(For those of you new to the party, I add effects to the words for imagery.)
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #737 on: June 10, 2009, 01:28:27 PM »
tan

Your idea of tan pales in comparison to the real thing.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #738 on: June 10, 2009, 01:30:50 PM »
I see what you did thar.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 04:45:55 PM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #739 on: June 10, 2009, 04:40:37 PM »
That's the "beige" option on the "change color" menu. I always thought it was too light.

Does this work?

Yeah, it does. I guess I was just too lazy to try it out last time (perhaps because in the browser I'm using, the "preview" function is really messed up).
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #740 on: June 14, 2009, 04:00:19 PM »
I had this dream that my friend John, two Wind Waker Links (one in Hero's Clothes, the other in his normal clothes) and I were at what seemed to be a deserted amusement park/carnival. The Links vandalized it for fun and I told John, "You know I had a dream just like this one..." Yeah, I just then realized it was a dream. So I decided I wouldn't proceed to tell John any more about the previous dream because I knew it would be a waste of time and energy.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #741 on: June 14, 2009, 10:36:08 PM »
Quick question: Would it be considered unusual that nearly all of my dreams are viewed, or at least remembered, in the third person? My dreams are rather akin to watching a movie profiling my fictional existence and powerlessly viewing "myself" getting left behind in the proverbial dust of the individuals I'd like to associate with, instantaneously appearing in important social situations while stark naked, being pursued by oversized crabs, and/or meeting Bob Dylan.

In particular, I've had numerous subconscious run-ins with Mr. Dylan over the last few months. In my dreams he most commonly walks into my school, offers a profoundly deep philosophical issue for our class to ponder, and the leaves abruptly... But never before I get his autograph. Lord knows how many signatures I've imaginarily acquired from the singer-songwriter by now.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #742 on: June 15, 2009, 12:35:23 AM »
Nah, most of mine are too. But I mean, sometimes, when awake, I suddenly realize that life itself is in first-person and it weirds me out.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #743 on: June 15, 2009, 07:07:55 AM »
Every so often, frequently while talking to someone boring, I will drift off and wonder if my whole life is a dream or hallucination and I'm actually someone entirely different in real life.
every

« Reply #744 on: June 15, 2009, 11:29:49 AM »
I prefer to think of myself to be a figment of John Travolta's imagination.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #745 on: June 15, 2009, 03:50:03 PM »
But I mean, sometimes, when awake, I suddenly realize that life itself is in first-person and it weirds me out.
Do you ever spend too long on the computer or something and then when you get up and see a mirror there's about thirty seconds or so where you remember that you actually exist and it freaks you out a little? Kinda hard to explain, but it happens to me all the time.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #746 on: June 15, 2009, 03:59:39 PM »
Not quite, but there was one Summer during which I played so much Super Mario World that my dreams consisted almost exclusively of watching myself re-beat specific levels of the game, most often Ludwig's castle.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #747 on: June 17, 2009, 12:58:23 PM »
Again, I can't remember most of the dream I had last night, but something just brought this part back to memory. It was like a video game, and I, as the main character, was fighting this GIANT LAVA MONSTER that looked sort of like an amoeba - it was basically a huge blob of lava and rocks, and had tentacle-like appendages. It was resting on a platform in the middle of a volcano/cave-like pool of lava (although I seem to recall blueish crystals lining the walls), taking up pretty much the entire thing, and the platform was tilted like the one in Super Mario 64 in Bowser in the Fire Sea. Presumably, the monster could tilt it, but I only saw it at one constant angle, about a 30-degree descent into the lava.

I don't know who I was playing as, but knowing me, it was probably either Mario or Sonic.

And CrossEyed7, that happens to me sometimes whenever I really get into a video game or such. :P

« Reply #748 on: June 17, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »
and had tentacle-like appendages.

I can tell where this was going.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #749 on: June 17, 2009, 02:28:54 PM »
I had a dream where everything was black. I was playing a video game that took place in a brown desert. It was inhabited by yellow and red creatures and had giant gray boxes. in the center of the desert there was a yellow star that was even more yellow  than the yellow desert creatures. I went to touch the yellow star, and then everything turned white. I guess that's when I woke up and saw the red  numbers on my alarm clock.

Print