Print

Author Topic: E3 2006: Smash Bros. Brawl  (Read 67647 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2006, 03:46:36 AM »
O_o
What could POSSIBLY be wrong with you? SOMETHING's wrong with you... what could make you NOT want a Wii?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2006, 05:15:04 PM »
Perhaps I lack that gene.  It must be the same gene that makes random words in all caps.

I don't want to spend money on something like that.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #107 on: July 07, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »
Something like what? What's wrong with the Wii? Tell us, please!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #108 on: July 07, 2006, 11:41:56 PM »
Is there something we don't know about the Wii?! Why didn't you tell us?! Why did you keep it secret?!?!?!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #109 on: July 08, 2006, 11:21:29 AM »
Well, there's this thing called money, and when you don't have a lot of it, you try not to spend it.  And I'm willing to not spend money on a Wii because I'm getting older and may have bigger things I'll be obligated to care about than just play the newest video games all the time.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #110 on: July 08, 2006, 01:29:37 PM »
I respect you're ways. But man, you're gonna be missing out on the fun.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2006, 05:06:43 PM »
Well, there's this thing called money, and when you don't have a lot of it, you try not to spend it.  And I'm willing to not spend money on a Wii because I'm getting older and may have bigger things I'll be obligated to care about than just play the newest video games all the time.

The Wii was intended to alliviate that problem by being inexpensive and offering a serving of games that are to be used as a small, quick diversion.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #112 on: July 08, 2006, 06:29:06 PM »
And back to the discussion about Smash Bros. Brawl. If you guys would like to continue your discussion on the Wii and its various advantages and disadvantages, please do so in one of the many Wii discussions.

Now, the character situation has been beaten to death, so how about stages? What stages would you like to see in the new game?

How would you guys feel about a return of the Trophy system from Melee? Any alternatives you'd like to suggest?

Someone on another forum I frequent mentioned the intro highway stage from Mega Man X. Of course, any stage from the Mega Man series would only exist provided Mega Man/X were included in the game, but that aside I rather liked the idea. I think back fondly to that intro level, and I suppose it could almost be like a horizontal F-Zero level, where the cars would be coming from the sides, among the other robots found on the stage. It could prove interesting, though perhaps not in execution.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #113 on: July 08, 2006, 09:00:22 PM »
There were about 290 trophies in SSBM, correct? Well there's a possibility of there being twice that number or even more in SSBB. I can even think of a few things that would be best made into trophies....

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2006, 01:42:45 AM »
I think an interesting stage would be Bowser's Castle, from Super Mario Brothers. It would have some floating platforms, and of course the bridge with a pool of lava below, and periodically, the bridge would collapse (maybe have a pixilated character in the background run by to act as a "warning, and trip the axe), and that's when you'd have to jump onto the platforms. Then the bridge would reappear a few seconds later.
"Silly Bowsie, tiers are for queers!"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2006, 07:58:26 AM »
I thought of a Pokemon-themed stage in the same vein as Poke-Floats. It would take place on the back of a Rayquaza as it flies through the skies of Hoenn. It could turn in different directions, effectivly altering the playing field. How's that sound?

« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »
Totally awesome. I also suggested Sky Pillar. Also, these stages would be- in my opinion- good additions-

Golden Pyramid (Wario Land 4)
Bowser's Castle (SMB)
Rainbow Road (MKDS)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2006, 08:00:43 AM »
That Bowser's castle level sounds awesome!  Plus they could remix the old castle theme, or if the level is supposed to look 16-bit, they could just use the original song.  They better have music that, measured in goodness, surpasses SSBM.  And they must keep the same Great Fok level, be it traveling through Corneria or Sector Z.  Maybe in the background of that level, you could see the landscape of a level like Zoness, then the background would move away so it'd be just space for a while, then the background of a different planet level would come in!  Like Titania, Corneria, Solar, Zoness, Macbeth and Venom, and then back again.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2006, 08:51:27 AM »
There should be a Mushroom Kingdom III. There could be those steel boxes in the background and some shoe-riding Goombas around the stage.

« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2006, 12:13:16 PM »
I think a Super Mario RPG level would be awesome.The level would be the area where you fought smithy.The background would be changing as well as the stage when it collapses and fall to the Final area.
Que dios the Bendiga Eddie Guerrerro.
May God Bless you Eddie Guerrero.

Print