Print

Author Topic: Here Be Dragons  (Read 2607 times)

« on: August 10, 2002, 02:07:16 PM »
Hello!

I am new to this forum, and as the name implies I much enjor the pen and paper RPG Dungeons and Dragons.

And who cant love mario? More so the ol' 16 bit ..only buttons consisting of "jump" and which way to run. (Usally forward)

-=Looking For Peace? I DIDN''T THINK SO!=-
-=Looking For Peace? I DIDN''''T THINK SO!=-

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2002, 02:37:04 PM »
Whats Dungeons and Dragons? Didn't they go extinct in the 1700's?

THISZZZ IZZZ HOWZZZ PREJUDIEZZZ RUINZZZ COMMUNICATIONZZZ!!!11!!!1 EVERYONEZZZ HAZZZ AZZZ RIGHTZZZ TOZZZ THEZZZZ ZZZZZZ''SZZZZZZZ!!!!1!!!!1

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2002, 02:42:55 PM »
Well no, actually Dungeons and Dragons is a RPG which is kind of like a board game only with more rules and less "board" element.

Now dragons never really existed (so we assume, dragons are much like dinosaurs) and were dotted in many many lore through out many countries and cultures.

Dungeons are sort of like medievel jails. They held prisoners and torchered them, and killed them.

Some were very large and elaborate and in this game you can go pretty much anywhere (Its like a euro-fantasy enviroment so think Robin Hood) including a dungeon searching for treasure, monsters, etc.

Now dungeons as well as castles which usally housed them went away with the dawn of gunpowder around the 1500's.

During the 1700's gunpower was much more refined and shaped firearms (Muskets) and cannons and even morters.(Cannons which fire in upward trejectories and explode like a barrel of gunpowder)

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2002, 02:48:09 PM »
My Grampa is really old. Like, 67 I think. He might know about that stuff

THISZZZ IZZZ HOWZZZ PREJUDIEZZZ RUINZZZ COMMUNICATIONZZZ!!!11!!!1 EVERYONEZZZ HAZZZ AZZZ RIGHTZZZ TOZZZ THEZZZZ ZZZZZZ''SZZZZZZZ!!!!1!!!!1

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2002, 05:08:51 PM »
Dragons never existed, you say? What do you call this?

http://www.cwu.edu/~casanovj/komodo.html

-------
La taille de sein n''importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n''êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n''est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n''avez pas besoin des grands seins.

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2002, 05:21:53 PM »
well I just said its a theory that dragons never existed.

Lets look at the facts shal we?

1-Almost every major culture in some regine of the world has some sort of lore about dragons, Chinese, Eourpe, South America, Aferica. They all mention dragons.... there is no other creature which appears in more lore than dragons

2-Dinosaurs (the word) were not invented until 1800's. Dragons is the only word in english we know of to describe the creatures.

But old wrightings do mention "Behemoths, lizards, etc."

3- It is generally accepted if dragons existed they died out awhile back.

4-Dragons obiously do not exist today at least in explored regins.

5- There are no compelete factualy accounts of dragons (Except medievel lore which we assaume is just stories)

However posting a picture of a komoto dragon certenly does not prove they exist :p

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2002, 05:24:21 PM »
add: also this post got its name from Medieval map makers who warned on sections of their maps ..... "Here be dragons!"

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2002, 05:26:26 PM »
That thing looks like a turd. A great big turd.

Print