Print

Author Topic: Mario 3 Beta Levels.  (Read 10919 times)

« on: April 04, 2008, 12:09:03 AM »
Okay, thread hi-jacking time.

I searched for a topic on the Mario 3 beta levels and even asked when I joined, but no one told me, and since I can't make my own topics I need to hijack this one, sorry, but this is something I really want to discuss, and see what others think as well.

So after going through the levels I can't help but feel that none, except maybe the first one, we're made before the first level (1-1). I think they we're unfinished because no one liked the idea, there was a bug they couldn't get rid of, or the concept of the level just didn't work right. Which I guess could be considered the same as two.

For example I think the vertically scrolling cloud level might have made it in the final version if they could have kept the pipe from scrolling as well. But some level's were just odd, like the Tanuki castle place. I can't figure out why that would be there at all. Well, let me here what you have to say, or better yet, make another topic about this and move my post.

Again, sorry about the high jacking.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 12:11:15 AM »
Errm, even though you can't make new threads, I don't think hi-jacking an existing thread is appropriate.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 12:19:08 AM »
Errm, even though you can't make new threads, I don't think hi-jacking an existing thread is appropriate.
It's not like I can do anything else though. I just wanna discuss this subject, and currently I can't do that any other way than this. Regardless of the topic this is pointless. If you want to discuss this with me more please PM me. if you think this is wrong simply report the post. Also, please do not think I am talking down to you in anyway, I merely do not want this topic spammed up with a personal debate.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 12:43:37 AM »
See, this is what happens when you restrict features from new users.
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 05:44:08 AM »
Help! Police! My thread is being held hostage!
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 05:52:56 PM »
...Wait, what? Hi-Jacking a thread? That's Forum Suicide!

I have a feeling we may never hear from SoraCross again...

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 06:06:08 PM »
How the in all that is mushroomy can you Hijack a thread? When I hear that phrase, I think of a lone bandit taking control of a train transporting gold to fort knox.

Anyway, all new members have to make a couple posts before they can make new threads, in order to gain the trust of the faculty.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 10:04:43 PM »
Well, it's a thread now, so we might as well all pitch in.

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 10:06:58 PM »
have you noticed that noone has actually posted what this thread is about
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 03:49:27 PM »
Well, what's to say? "There were stages... but they're not in the game and/or unfinished... oh, look, that one kind of looks like Level __-__."

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 03:53:55 PM »

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 11:21:16 AM »
The beta levels are cool, but yeah, way too short. Can't really decide on a favorite. Waterfall idea was cool but marred by having to tap A pretty fast just to get up one waterfall. Gold cheep-cheeps hit me instantly, they're too fast. I actually had no problem with Level 6, though I did fall into the water and have to swim under a platform before I could jump back up onto something. I'm just glad Big Bertha wasn't in that level.

Nice work by those involved in finding these areas and other beta stuff (seeing a Hammer Bro in the spade area is awesome).
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 07:01:55 PM »
Waterfall idea was cool but marred by having to tap A pretty fast just to get up one waterfall.
Oh yeah!  I remember that from the e-Reader levels!
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 02:03:26 PM »
I like the waterfall one and the one that looks like 5-3 the best...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 11:27:06 AM »
Oh yeah!  I remember that from the e-Reader levels!
So they might have used some of the beta levels as ideas for e-reader levels?

Print