Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1271859 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4425 on: August 02, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »
I'm pretty sure only Rao has used the term "fascists."

Also, BP, you're pretty much the ONLY active "higher-up" on #tmk, so kudos to you.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4426 on: August 02, 2009, 04:35:37 PM »
The only mod ever approaching fascism was Sapph, and she was more censor-happy than anything else. Very nice person other than that.
every

« Reply #4427 on: August 02, 2009, 06:03:09 PM »
I love how nobody ever explains what's going on to "outsiders" in #TMK. It makes the place really inviting.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4428 on: August 03, 2009, 01:44:27 PM »
Worse is when it's deadly quiet and any stabs made at making conversation are ignored.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4429 on: August 03, 2009, 03:23:32 PM »
I recommend waiting until you catch on to the conversation if one is happening, or hold out for it to change. Best to learn it the easy way than the hard way: the questions of "what's going on" or "what's everyone talking about" are generally unwanted. As are interrupting introductions.

As for deadly silence, it happens. #tmk isn't a fast-paced chatroom. Several of us leave the window open and idle whilst doing other things.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #4430 on: August 03, 2009, 03:28:36 PM »
I would personally be fine with explaining the conversational situation to a newcomer without getting on his back over it (*cough*), but apparently that's where my viewpoint differs from the ruling majority.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4431 on: August 03, 2009, 04:22:43 PM »
That would be fine except usually actually nothing is going on
That was a joke.

« Reply #4432 on: August 03, 2009, 05:53:20 PM »
It's just frustrating when you step in during a discussion and nobody is willing to fill you in on the context, and instead becoming unnecessarily condescending and bitter.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4433 on: August 03, 2009, 06:01:23 PM »
Do you walk into a room and stop people in real life while they're in the middle of speaking and ask them what is going on?
That was a joke.

« Reply #4434 on: August 03, 2009, 06:43:39 PM »
If someone casually asks you what's being discussed, do you practically grab them by the throat and verbally slap them across the face simply for being out-of-the-loop?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4435 on: August 03, 2009, 07:07:55 PM »
Do you walk into a room and stop people in real life while they're in the middle of speaking and ask them what is going on?

Considering it's even weirder to waltz into a room and then plop yourself into a chair silently, yes. I guess it depends on the context, though.
every

« Reply #4436 on: August 03, 2009, 07:26:59 PM »
Guys, it's not that serious. Whenever I get on there, which is rare, I just say hey. Most of the time I go there nothings going on, anyways. Topics spur up out of the blue. Just read the conversation and you'll eventually get it.

It's the HOPEFUL thread, for heavens sake.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #4437 on: August 03, 2009, 08:01:16 PM »
Besides, the moderation itself in #TMK seems fundamentally flawed at times: Rao was kicked for being himself, The Chef was kicked for feeling bad about Rao being kicked, and BP just received the same treatment for using the term "pee".

« Reply #4438 on: August 03, 2009, 08:04:59 PM »

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4439 on: August 03, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »
Rao's case: Well-deserved, as he is a conflicted, soulless troll whose sole purpose is to bring grief to people on the Internet as he has no one to grief in real life.

Chef's case: Whatever

Mine: A joke, obviously. Sheesh.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print