Print

Author Topic: The SMB Theme List  (Read 3589 times)

« on: July 31, 2007, 06:02:47 PM »
I realise there is another topic like this one, but that one hasn't been updated in so long that I think it has disapparated. So, I made a new one.

Here we list any/all occurences of the SMB theme in other Mario games. Any game that has Mario in it (or the SMB theme) can be put on this list. Remakes will not count unless a new mix of the song appears in the new game. Anything that sounds questionable can be discussed too.

There may be some spoilers ahead, so please be aware. Please note, also, that I am only covering games that I have played, so if there's some game that I don't have listed, then I either don't know if the theme is there or have not played it.

Now, the list!

NES games

SMB- overworld theme
SMB2- Subspace
SMB3- Music Box

Gameboy (includes GBC, GBA)

Super Mario Land- the Marine Pop and Sky Pop (stages 2-3 and 4-3, respectively) have music that sounds similar to the SMB theme
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga- move explanations, Little Fungitown
Mario vs Donkey Kong- intro remix, credits remix
Wario Ware- during the SMB game

Super NES

Super Mario All*Stars- part of it plays on game select menu.
Super Mario World- Special Zone (let music loop 8 or 9 times to hear it)
Super Mario Kart- Mario's victory music, intro of every track (where camera zooms in on karts/player)
Mario Paint- part of one of the game's sample songs
Super Mario RPG- file select screen, Mario's Pad, Booster's Tower (behind the curtain in the one room), The End song (after the parade. Wait just a few seconds)

N64

Super Mario 64- title screen
Paper Mario- Chapter intro screens (wait about 10 seconds), 8-Bit Mario cameo (Boo's Mansion)
Mario Party- Title screen, How to Play board, Peach's Birthday Cake, Credits
Mario Party 3- The Cellular Shopper item plays the first 6 notes when used.
Mario Tennis- two seperate tennis courts have the theme
Mario Golf- Speed Golf
Super Smash Brothers- Peach's Castle, Classic Kingdom

Gamecube

Luigi's Mansion- in the Music Room, during the sequence that bring Mario out of the painting
Super Mario Sunshine- Fludd-less levels
Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door- Chapter intros sound like a remix, Glitzville (outside), 8-Bit Mario cameo (X-Naut Fortress)
Mario Party 5- Chance Time music, Card Party remix, Credits remix
DDR: Mario Mix- it's in there.. (I haven't played, so I don't know what song or anything. I just have the soundtrack..)
Mario Superstar Baseball- Peach's Castle
Smash Bros Melee- Peach's Castle, Classic Kingdom 1 (the Mushroom Kingdom)

DS

Super Mario 64 DS- title screen
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time- outside of Holli Jolli Village, move explanations
New SMB- Mushroom Houses
Mario vs DK 2- intro remix, intro remix (switch to Toad or Peach minis to hear different song), credits remix
Mario Hoops- I don't remember exactly, but I know it's there..
Tetris DS- during the game's Standard Mode
Itadaki Street DS- I don't know where exactly, but the website had some SMB music on it..

Wii

Super Paper Mario- World 1-1 has a remix, All through World 3
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves- during the SMB game, during the condcut the orchestra game

Unknown (this is the section for games that I am absolutley not sure about. How funny, this section is full of Mario Parties..)

Mario Party 2- the Mystery Land music sounds a lot like it has the theme remixed into it.
Mario Party 4- not present?
Mario Party Advance- not present?
Mario Party 6- when Twila/Brighton announces the last five turns?
Mario Party 8- haven't played all the way through yet..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print