Print

Author Topic: Nintendo Power Rates Metroid Prime 3: Corruption a Perfect Score  (Read 10266 times)

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 08:37:23 PM »
Metroids actually fit together completely cohesively, though, so I'd really recommend playing the Primes in order. The traditional 2D line doesn't matter quite so much (there is usually a plot surprise per game though) but the 3 Primes are a direct story (especially if the 100% endings are taken into account).

Zeldas are all mostly completely unrelated so play them in whatever order!

P.S. This game is Piiiimp. Basic and Standard controls are horrible, but Advanced is like the best control of any game ever.

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 09:35:23 PM »
Metroids actually fit together completely cohesively, though, so I'd really recommend playing the Primes in order. The traditional 2D line doesn't matter quite so much (there is usually a plot surprise per game though) but the 3 Primes are a direct story (especially if the 100% endings are taken into account).

Zeldas are all mostly completely unrelated so play them in whatever order!

P.S. This game is Piiiimp. Basic and Standard controls are horrible, but Advanced is like the best control of any game ever.
Well, they DID say in the manual that veterans of FPS games should choose the Advanced sensitivity.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 10:25:45 PM »
Yes, because gimped control will sure help a noob.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 02:01:22 AM »
Okay, fine. I'll kill three stones with one bird and look for Prime.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 11:16:36 AM »
So it looks like people are saying that there are secret messages from Iwata and Miyamoto (at least) found by inputting certain combinations into the ship terminal.

« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2007, 12:35:51 AM »
So it looks like people are saying that there are secret messages from Iwata and Miyamoto (at least) found by inputting certain combinations into the ship terminal.

I came across one by accident myself. I found the fact that I came across it to be humorous.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Sqrt2

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2007, 07:36:55 AM »
I usually take any reviews with a pinch of salt. Especially if it's a Mario or Zelda game (which get consistently high scores ~90% or so).
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2007, 10:18:18 AM »
Nintendo power giving one of their own games

Oi. For the last time, Nintendo Power is run by editors, not the NOA staff themselves.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2007, 07:06:06 PM »
It looks good, but I don't think it deserves a perfect 10.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 06:12:33 PM »
Oi. For the last time, Nintendo Power is run by editors, not the NOA staff themselves.
As of next month, it's being published by "Future US". As if it wasn't already a piece of dukar when NoA's people themselves were making it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »
Hey now, while the magazine is extremely biased, I still enjoy reading it. The Pulse section is always filled with extremely wishful thinking and lapses in judgment. Not to mention they have sections dedicated to past games and interviews with famous people in the Video Game industry.

On a slightly related note, I can't believe Fire Emblem 10's subtitle was changed from Goddess of Dawn to Radiant Dawn. The entire thing seems so pointless, especially since it isn't the '80s anymore.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 11:31:29 PM »
No reason to knock Future US until they actually release an issue.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 11:20:21 AM »
It's fun to read (unlike it had been a few years ago) and has previews and whatnot that I enjoy. Anyway, the publishing change doesn't mean that different people will be writing it, guys... what the heck.
That was a joke.

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2007, 09:54:46 AM »
I my honest opinion, NP got a lot better when Reggie came along. Also, Nintendo isn't biased on their own games. They gave Wario: Master Of Disguise a 6.5 or something. Is that biased? Um, no, it's not. Said game has gotten this score from other publications.

This could be argueable in... 2002-03, but that's just me. =/
Canada, eh? '87

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »
I don't think they're (completely) biased, they just have a really sucky editor, or whoever. Ever since this "new look" of theirs, they've had at least 50 factual and grammatical errors (I counted).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print