Poll

Do you think that Dragonball should be back on the air?

Yes
5 (20%)
Don't care
14 (56%)
No
6 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Print

Author Topic: Do you want Dragonball back on TV?  (Read 7631 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »
If there's one thing I don't like about Dragonball, it's the fact that since it was one of the few animes to be released on mainstream TV, it's popularity caused people to see it along with Sailor Moon and Pokemon and think all anime/Japanese entertainment in existence is like that,

Otherwise, it ain't such a bad show, if a little repetitive in the fight scene department and formulaic plot-wise.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 05:17:19 PM »
I loved Dragonball when I was adolescent.  However, all good things must come to an end.  The Dragonball(Z) anime franchise lasted longer than it should have.  In my opinion, they should have ended it after Majin Buu.  And GT should have never seen the light of day.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 10:39:27 PM »
Honestly, Dragonball was the reason I was so put off to Japanese entertainment initially. Only a year ago did I realize that there were some earnestly appealing (to me) animes out there. Or one, at least.

I'm not a fan of the challenge and fighting and fighting and challenge tonight* type of animes.

*HSR reference

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 01:27:51 AM »
Dude that's exactly what Yakitate!! Japan is.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 01:35:03 AM »
Challenge, sure, but it doesn't seem to fit "fighting" part. Yakitate!! Japan is at the same time making fun of all the other shonen with the exaggeration of almost any task, which is one of the things that really made me laugh.

matto

• from America's hatto
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 05:27:50 PM »
The one reason people hate Dragonball Z is all the stuff Funimation did to make it cool. It had all those pointless, long, drawn out fight scenes, which were present in the Japanese version (obviously) but it got rid of Toriyama's little touches that made it such a classic of the late 80's/early 90's anime. FUNi's music was way too serious, and the dub voices didn't match the Japanese seiyuu at all.

Case in point: Vegita sounded like a cocky prince in the Japanese version, but the dub gave us the most horrid deliverly of a line ever. "OVER 9000!!!" His dub voice sound like someone scratched their throat with sand paper.

Dragon Ball's earlier seasons were awesome, since Toriyama brought over a number of factors from his previous series, Dr. Slump (which I haven't read yet, I heard it's funny).
Canada, eh? '87

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 08:37:52 AM »
I take back what I said about everyone hating Dragonball.  Now I see that, even though the poll doesn't show it, you guys actually like Dragonball, except for the few that think it was, dare I say it, crap.
YAY!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 07:09:04 PM »
Voted Don't care.
Aren't there DVDs?

Boo_penguin

• Mushroom_Boy's best pal
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2007, 12:50:30 PM »
I used to watch dragon ball, the original, Z and GT. It's over, I mean, a long time ago there's no more DB. You can buy the entire seasons (like I do) in DVD. So I really don't care about if they back to the TV, I think Toriyama is in other stuff right now. Besides, you can always buy a Clarissa Explains All DVD and be happy like a fish!
Before I go to bed I always scream "Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now and some girl appears and say  "Come on baby do the loco-motion".

nodyarG

• Wishes he was as cool as Luigi
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2007, 03:03:19 PM »
Voted Don't care.
Aren't there DVDs?

There are DVDs, but I can't get one because I have no money.  Maybe if I get a job next year, I can actually get some.  Right now, I can only wait...
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2007, 01:07:30 PM »
I love shows like Naruto. I like Dragonball Z more than Dragonball, but it wouldn't be bad if it was back on TV.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008, 07:43:18 PM »
sure!! dragonball is a nice cartoon

Print