Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxy released early?  (Read 9960 times)

« on: October 26, 2007, 01:22:47 PM »
I was at a local Wal-Mart, at the electronics. Asking the game manager about the release of "Super Mario Galaxy", he told me it was going to be released on October 30th??? ...At Midnight??? And that you can't preorder it, and you can't get a coin. What the heck?

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2007, 01:55:12 PM »
Dude, don't believe everything you here. SMG comes out November 12. The guy probably made a mistake.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2007, 01:55:39 PM »
First Mistake: Going to Wal-Mart
Second Mistake: Asking about video games there
Third Mistake: Believing what the people there, who obviously know nothing about video games, say.

Solution: Go to GameStop, or EB, or whatever you have around where you live. You can pre-order games there, and get a coin. And they know what they're talking about.

Oh, and Galaxy's coming out on November 12th.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2007, 02:03:10 PM »
First Mistake: Going to Wal-Mart
Second Mistake: Asking about video games there
Third Mistake: Believing what the people there, who obviously know nothing about video games, say.

Solution: Go to GameStop, or EB, or whatever you have around where you live. You can pre-order games there, and get a coin. And they know what they're talking about.

Oh, and Galaxy's coming out on November 12th.
I preordered the game at my local Game Stop, but I didn't get a coin...
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2007, 02:09:07 PM »
How do you get the coin anyway? Do you just stop by and get it with the game, or could you get it before the release of the game?

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2007, 02:16:02 PM »
But hey, if you do manage to get it early, more power to you.  Breaking the release date has happened fairly frequently, but seeing as how Nintendo doesn't ship the games out until release day, it's more unlikely.

Also, GameStop/EB people aren't going to be much more reliable than Wal-Mart people.  A lot of them just make up stuff to seem like they know what they're talking about or to try to get you to preorder stuff.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2007, 05:01:25 PM »
I preordered it at GameStop before the coin was announced. I'll have to ask for it when I go to pick up my copy.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2007, 05:14:36 PM »
I bought my latest game at Wal-Mart and not at EB. It's not like one is more corporately good than another one. What's the deal with this new mentality anyway?
That was a joke.

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2007, 05:28:39 PM »
My "Local Store" is a Meijer, which is even worse, as they get thier games 2 MONTHS after the release date. Wal-Mart is far away, and it's ususally better. I don't have a EB games...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2007, 05:42:56 PM »
I usually shop at Target, and when they don't have it, I'll check GameStop (which usually won't if Target didn't). It's just across the parking lot.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »
I preordered at Toys R' Us yesterday, but I didn't get a coin either.

Oh well. The game itself will probably be worth the money.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2007, 07:20:23 PM »
I'm pretty sure you're supposed to get the coin when you pick up the game.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2007, 09:04:59 PM »
I usually shop at Target, and when they don't have it, I'll check GameStop (which usually won't if Target didn't). It's just across the parking lot.
Wow, that's my exact situation too. Except more and more often the GameStop does have it when Target doesn't.

And they never try to get me to pre-order stuff or buy magazines anymore! What the heck, GameStop? Stop making it so hard to hate you!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2007, 11:35:08 PM »
Actually, when preordering mine, I tried Target first. The guy there told me that another guy ran this type of thing at both at Target and GameStop right across the parking lot.

I think Target acquired GameStop.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 02:35:38 AM »
I think Target acquired GameStop.
Is this a joke?  Barnes & Noble owns GameStop/ebgames/Software, etc./Funcoland

Print