Print

Author Topic: Wreck-It Ralph - Official Trailer #1 -  (Read 16612 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 08:15:23 AM »
Nah, he's voiced by his current actor Roger Craig Smith.

I've heard that the Street Fighter characters all have their respective current voice actors as well.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2012, 10:09:25 PM »
I finally saw Wreck-It Ralph, and I was impressed.  The racing scenes in Sugar Rush were pretty exciting.  The relationship between Ralph and Vanellope was touching, and while I guessed the villain early on, I was still moved by the dramatic climax scene.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2012, 10:32:15 PM »
Saw it a second time with my brother the other evening. Most fun I've had at the movies since Scott Pilgrim.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2012, 11:34:57 PM »
>That feel when I'll either have to have my parents drop me off at the theatre and watch it alone, or see it with my mom
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 12:03:33 AM »
I thought it had a pretty [darn] exhilarating plot, with a smart, consistent theme, intense moments of conflict, and a surprisingly well-written villain. I highly recommend the film, but be warned: Mario ain't in it.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 12:39:37 AM »
be warned: Mario ain't in it.

That wasn't from lack of trying; there was an effort made to get the Mario Brothers in the movie, but the licensing fees were quite exorbitant and apparently the requirements for the appearance itself were very strict.

Anyway, can't wait to see it when it comes out here. Just over a month to go, that's stupid...
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 12:44:45 AM »
Oh I know. I'm just warning fellow Mario fans ahead of time so they're not disappointed.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 07:23:57 AM »
I wasn't disappointed. Felix himself made up for the lack of Mario. :D

It's nice they got the rights to feature these characters but if they're just gonna appear for one scene and maybe deliver a (rather cheap and corny) gag than that doesn't give this anymore weight than your average sprite comic or Robot Chicken sketch.

I was mostly right about that first sentence, except for Q*Bert. Somehow this wound up not being a big issue.

Other than the video game hook this film's premise looks like a lame repeat of Megamind, yet I see people praising it everywhere.

Boy was I ever wrong. This movie is leagues better than Megamind. Or any other recent movie about bad guys turning good.

Also, you all know [darn] well that Disney is gonna make this their next merchandise juggernaut.... and people will likely eat it right up.What does it say about the state of video games in the public eye when what essentially amounts to a copyright safe parody of Mario and Donkey Kong winds up eclipsing the real thing? How is it that we finally get a proper animated movie featuring game characters with some honest effort behind it, and the end result is a premise we've seen a million times before (a meta-parody, for those couldn't figure it out)?

I find it funny I said all this because now I'm so in love with the movie I put a bunch of merchandise for it on my Christmas list and I'm absolutely dying to play the real Fix-It Felix Jr. machine. :P

A better story.

Looks like I got what I wanted. Tenfold. :B

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 08:46:04 PM »
My best friend saw this four times, and I was with her for three of those.  I bought concessions the first time.  Never has a film been so expensive.  And rarely have I been so impressed.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 09:46:02 PM »
I've seen it four times too. Two of those were free. Tomorrow night I'm seeing it for a fifth time, only now with my parents.

Print