Print

Author Topic: Your "Pet Peeves"  (Read 53613 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2008, 07:12:54 PM »
It must be designed after that Spore creature I made.
every

« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2008, 08:09:28 PM »
Errr... it doesn't destroy napkins, the hideous part of it is movable. I hate it because of what it looks like.

Really now? I have some at home (and there are a few of them at fast food places) and the hideous part is not removable. They rip up my napkins when I take them out.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2008, 09:08:29 PM »
Well, that design reminds me of that Squidward jellyfish Spongebob drew when they found that magic pencil.... with an E. Gadd glasses touch.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 02:42:00 AM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2008, 07:19:47 PM »
-People that obsess over things in cartoons like Avatar: The Last Airbender such as who will "get with" who...
-Sonic fanfiction
-People (especially in my class) who love to smoke and go on to offer me and/or my friends to join him. I was surprised to see how many people in my freshman class were active smokers.
-People that bash ToonZone.net for no reason.
-People my age that pretend to care about things like politics when they clearly don't.

That's all for now.

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »
WARNING: SEVERELY ****ED OFF 17 YEAR OLD RANTIN. READ AT OWN RISK.
Fanboys of all kinds. Yeesh, can't we get along without being bashed because of the MP3 player we own, computer or video game console.
Peeps using iPod ad a generic name for MP3 players; well, an iPod is an MP3 player and i will never buy one of those overhyped ugly devices with lower than dirt sound quality.
People calling my Samsung Yepp P2 (avatar) an iPod. it isn't an ipod you people who have no idea what other MP3 players are out there.

Those imbeciles who say that Windows crashes a lot, and tell you to dump it and use Mac or Linux. Windows does crash, but usually it's because of hardware, drivers or a corrupt registry among others. At least you can trace the problem and not have to reinstall Mac because it crashes and you think it's the apocalypse. I'm not sure about Linux because I've never seen it crash. Just shut up about the Windows crap.

Vista doesn't suck if you know how to tweak it and Vista Ultmate CAN run on a 1Ghz processor and 512mb of RAm, so quit the BS.

People who don't know how to behave in an internet forum. I think there is a video about that floating around on YouTube.

Somewhat related to Fanboyism: Nintendo's GameCube and Wii are NOT kiddie consoles. Nintendo brought us out of the video game crash in 1983 and I feel somewhat embarrased telling people I am 17, and own a GameCube and Wii because I fear I will be ostracised and labeled an outcast.

iSheep (stuck-up Apple fanboys who don't give a hoot about Microsoft and mock the 360 because of the red ring of death as if it affects XBOXes like the plague.) It will happen, but the chances of it affecting the 360 are small compared to when it was launched.) They also don't give a hoot to the minority of people like myself who don't own iPods and begin ostracising them because they feel superior to non iPod owners. I own a Samsung Yepp P2 and it's the best MP3 player I've owned so far. All my MP3 players were made by Samsung or any MP3 player manufacturer except Apple. Believe it or not, non-Apple branded MP3 players have been around waaaaay before Apple's iPod.

Gamers who kick newbs out because they never played Call of Duty before and fail to realize they were new to Call of Duty and similar games.

This so called (c)rap and hip pop crap on the radio. Nothing but drugs, sex, violence. What happened to the '70s and '80s where rap and hip hop was poetry and an full of love. Now it's this Eminem, 50 cent, Nelly, Chingy, and other so called rappers no to mention Soulja Boy. I'm sticking to my rock music(Disturbed is about as far as metal rock for me) and Weird Al.

People who think Las Angeles is a Ghetto city and nothing else. The same goes to the people who think Texas is full of hicks, rednecks and ranches and fail to realize that a ranch doesn't need horses and there are great cities like Houston, Austin, Dallas and my hometown, San Antonio.
Mess with Texas and you will mess with me.

Racism, prejudice, and liberals.

teenagers who obsess over their cell phones. I call and text a lot, but we have an unlimited everything with AT&T.

End of rant
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 07:10:46 PM by RaceDrv709 »
"Follow me down to the valley below You know
Moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul Come to us, Lazarus It's time for you to go"

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2008, 01:45:00 AM »
-People that obsess over things in cartoons like Avatar: The Last Airbender such as who will "get with" who...

This is the reason I don't like getting too involved in certain fandoms. Some people take things way too seriously, to the point where you wonder how they're allowed to walk freely on the streets. It's embarrasing being associated with them. Also the reason I never talk about anime to anyone offline because of how much fail it has attracted in the last few years.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2008, 10:09:17 AM »
-Mods locking/banning anything that conflicts with their personal beliefs
every

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »
I hate the following:

Sports
Women beaters
Violence in any form
certain words (Yes I hate some words based on many reasons. Is this normal?)
The U.S. government
Unnecessary harmful chemicals in food
Overly harsh justice systems
Intrusive laws
country music
some rap music
an unfair personal problem
When buying a used game people writing on/defacing the labels really ****es me off!
Mods locking/banning anything that conflicts with their personal beliefs
There is a lot of other stuff that bothers me but I'll be considerate and not waste your time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 10:27:05 AM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2008, 02:43:37 PM »
people not helping me install stuff in Kubuntu. PM me with an easy-to-understand guide to install Opera in Kubuntu for new Liinux users. Don't forget to tell me where to type stuff and when to hit the enter key. Nobody gives a hoot about the new Linux user posting this message in Firefox which is ugly in Linux.
"Follow me down to the valley below You know
Moonlight is bleeding from out of your soul Come to us, Lazarus It's time for you to go"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2008, 02:53:37 PM »
-Mods locking/banning anything that conflicts with their personal beliefs
This is the Internet. The mods and admins can do anything they want with their site. It'd make a few people angry (except TEM is never NOT angry, believe me), but there's no law that says Deezer couldn't ban Lizard Dude right now with no provocation at all.

Furthermore, this is The Mushroom Kingdom, which would make he with the most power, Deezer, a king rather than a president. And his power is absolute, anything he wants to do to the site or the forums, he could do it. I remember a long time back when someone said something about "king Deezer" which was followed by another user's "this is a democracy! We elect our officials." Except uhhhh no, this is a website and nobody votes for staff members, moderators, operators, halfops or voices. They just get liked by the people who have power.

Unlike in real life, this power isn't as corrupting and we have a staff that makes mostly reasonable decisions. Except Chupperson, he's got some flash of evil in his eyes.

Yes I hate some words based on many reasons. Is this normal?
Sure. Most words that I hate are hated because they're overused, misused or both.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »
So, BP, if you got banned right now, and all your posts deleted, for no reason, you wouldn't mind at all?
every

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2008, 03:14:22 PM »
Of course I would mind, but there's no rule saying it's not allowed to happen.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2008, 03:19:21 PM »
Come on Glorb, just let it go. Deezer is the boss and it really isn't that big of a deal. Just find something else to talk about. Like...I dunno, Mario.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2008, 04:22:14 PM »

Eah, fine. Whatever. I just hope this doesn't get out of control.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2008, 08:49:09 PM »
No wonder Glorb thinks the way he does. He's on a Mario-related message board, and he's not even a Mario fan!

Print