Print

Author Topic: User Created Mario Games  (Read 4400 times)

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2003, 01:45:10 PM »
Yeah, in the mean time, you can work on the getting the health bar to work. Oh, and I was wondering, how come I can't download it? Every time I click download it says that the page cannot be displayed.

Made you look.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2003, 08:47:27 PM »
...You're using what program?

I wish I were sun at dusk. ... ... ... ... ......ha ha kidding.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2003, 06:10:03 PM »
Try right-clicking then choose "Save Target as".

Chup, I'm using a program called Game Maker. A fairly simple thing to work with, but you can make some seriously complex games with it. You can download some of them here.

...And my dear sweet mother, she just looked at me like a cow looks at an oncoming train. She leaned right down next to me, and she said,"IT''S GOOD FOR YOU!!!"

More shtick than you can shake a stick at.

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2004, 07:50:51 PM »
I know this is outdated (do NOT flame me, marioguy) but I know of another site whereas you download Mario freeware as well:

Super Mario Bros. HQ Productions
http://gmaster.topcities.com/

It's a section of www.smbhq.com. You can be hired as anybody to help make the games; I was hired as programmer. The game engine is the same as what Dairy King is using: Game Maker. There's only one game available for download now, though. I helping work on the new game: NCEC.

I told you I would shoot, but you didn`t believe me! WHY DIDN`T YOU BELIEVE ME?!!

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 1/24/2004 5:53:06 PM

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2004, 12:04:04 AM »
Since my programming skills are quite limited, the closest I've come to "making" an actual "Mario" game is I've dumped a bunch of sprites together and am making a graphics set for a game called the "Cheapo Copycat Game" Essentially, it is a blatant rip-off of Lemmings where you get to make your own terrain sets, or "styles".

These games are so cool, though.

Stupid Quotes: (11th Edition) Martin Luther King Day special!
"If [Dr.] Martin Luther King Jr. were alive to see how so-called "civil rights" have progressed today, he`d be spinning in his grave right now."
~Me.
~I.S.~

Print