Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476227 times)

« Reply #105 on: February 18, 2005, 02:29:10 PM »
Yeah, I've always felt the same way about Snifits and Shyguys.  And I think it's always been pretty much assumed that they shoot from their mouths and not their noses (which they don't seem to have).  One thing has always bothered me, though.  Which is, where do they actually come from?  I know some people have said that they come from the Toybox in Paper Mario, but I personally tend to think that they originated from a tribal background on Yoshi's Island.  I think that all shyguys started out as spearguys, but then Kamek started enslaving/enlisting them all to do his dirty work.  I think that's where the masks come from, it's their tribal heritage.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2005, 08:48:37 PM »
lol, I take it from the lack of members that nobody is really interested in my Mariology forum.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2005, 08:57:18 PM »
Perhaps there just isn't a hot topic to debate currently. No, I don't have a certain idea to start it up again.

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2005, 08:15:47 AM »
*shrug* Aw well.  I tried.  ^_^

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2005, 07:52:23 PM »
Ok, so I don't even know if anybody cares anymore but I wrote a paper on the Koopa Kids and plan on writing more papers on the various topics in Mariology.  I created a blog to post them all on if anybody is interested.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/kamikaze_koopa/

« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2005, 07:33:28 PM »
That was an awesome piece of work, Kamikaze.  I recommend it to everybody on this forum.

Also, the Mariology boards are really hopping right now.  We have several great discussions going, and we're currently trying to make a map of the Mushroom World.  Again, here's the address.

http://kamikazekoopa.proboards38.com/

« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2005, 09:36:49 PM »
Thanks, Claws!  ^_^

I'm currently working on my second essay, detailing the level of technology in the Marioverse, it's effect on the cultures, and the origins of the tech itself.

Edited by - kamikaze koopa on 3/9/2005 7:39:36 PM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2005, 09:53:08 PM »
I believe that alien technology has had an enormous effect upon theirs. The Glitz Pit and its surrounding area, particularly the fiery boosters keeping the area aloft, reminded me of Tatanga's attack ship.

« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2005, 10:43:12 PM »
That coincides with my theory that the technology of the Marioverse wasn't developed, so much as found.  Perhaps Tatanga was a member of a race that previously had visted/inhabited the Mushroom World?

« Reply #114 on: March 18, 2005, 08:46:52 PM »
Claws, for the map, If that world looked like ours. I would say that the Mushroom Kingdom was in easter europe. Beanbean Kingdom in western europe. Delfino Island would be caraibean or hawaii. Dinosaur Island would be Indonesia or some island in the middle of the atlantic ocean. Wario and Waluigi would live in North America. I beleive that they own a lot of compagnies, including a plumbing compagnie, and they wanted to compete with Mario and Luigi's small business in the Mushroom kingdom but failed. Bowser's kingdom would be in north of the Mushroom Kingdom. And DK's land would be somewhere in africa. I hope i didnt forget anything.

*Sorry for my english and please note that I didn't play a Mario game in a while, so I have forgotten or mispelled stuff.

« Reply #115 on: March 18, 2005, 09:46:35 PM »
This is how you know when you're REAAAALLY obsessed with Mario: when you try to find a completely logical and consistent timeline, world structure, and character family history for a game series that was not designed to have any of the three.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 3/18/2005 7:47:58 PM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #116 on: March 19, 2005, 11:39:22 AM »
I agree with you whole-heartedly, CashCrazed.  ^_^

And Br0kebusta's idea of using our own world map as kind of a referance point for the Mushroom World was ingenius.  Or maybe that's not what he was trying to do at all...in any case, I give him credit.  lol

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2005, 11:00:24 PM »
"Mario and Luigi (of course), Il Piantissimo"

I dunno, are completely sure they're human? I once thought so too, because I was intrigued at how Mario and Luigi could jump so high, as if they were at it all thier lives. I had develpoped an entire theory that Mario and Luigi each recieved a sort a blessing from the Yoshies, recieving all of thier gifst (I.E. Jumping.) They being the only ones to ever recieve it. Then as Yoshi's Island tells, the yoshies realized they made a mistake and return Mario and his twin. I believed this whole heartedly......until...

II Piantissimo!

(horror music)

He jumps like Mario and sound simaler: that squashed my theory real fast.

So what if Mario, Luigi, and II Piantissimo were all part of a human subspeicies? These....sub humans would be excelent jumpers,  competitive beings, and acrobats.  Why not?

Edited by - Dogss on 3/21/2005 9:01:04 PM

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2005, 09:56:27 PM »
I don't think "subspecies" and "Miyamoto" go together. The humans are humans, although cartoonish.

« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2005, 02:56:11 AM »
Why not? It seems unlikly an average human could jump like them.

Print