Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476226 times)

« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2005, 08:46:53 AM »
Maybe the gravity of the Mushroom World is slightly less than it is on Earth.  Since Mario and Luigi were raised on Earth, that could explain why they can jump so high and be so strong in the Mushroom World.  (Might also explain why they seem so short)

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2005, 12:39:56 AM »
I think there are two types of humans in the Mushroom World- reptile-based and simian-based. Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi are normal simian-type humans. However, the Toads, Peach and Daisy are all reptile-based. That is why the Toads look weird. Also, Koopas are merely savage versions of the reptile-based humans, de-volved. Bowser is one of them. Also, the movie backs up my theory (Even if the movie isn't all that reliable). Therefore, if Peach was devolved- she would become Princess Peach Koopa! Aaah!

It''s funny until someone gets hurt. Then it gets hilarious!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2005, 04:17:27 AM »
Remember Gamers and Fans, Nintendo and the other video game characters never dies!

And that's the Nintendo Rules!

Shawne Vinson

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2005, 07:22:23 PM »
Heres a brain-buster, how did all the nintendo characters meet to participate in SSB???

"I have never been jealous. Not even when my dad finished fifth grade a year before I did."~Jeff Foxworthy
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2005, 08:07:33 PM »
That's like asking how those Mario pictures got in that castle in that Zelda game.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2005, 08:23:15 PM »
I personally believe that Smash Bros and Smash Bros Melee are in a timeline all their own.  In SSB I think it's pretty much been established that the characters were actually dolls brought to life by Master Hand.  And then in SSBM I think it was pretty much the same situation, only with trophies instead of dolls.

I have heard a theory, however, that the dolls/trophies acted as beacons that teleported the characters from their individual dimensions into the battlefields.  I believe it was Claws who came up with that particular theory, although I can't remember where I read it.

*spoilers*

One of the theories that I had, however, is that the Smash Bros games actually took place in Dreamland, or at least in a similar place.  I based this on the idea that dreams seem to be the only things that transend Nintendo universes.  There are Metroid enemies in the Kirby games (I forget which ones though), which happen in Dreamland.  There are Super Mario enemies in Link's Awakening, which turned out to be a dream.  And then, of course there was the Master Hand cameo in one of the new Kirby games (once again, I forget which one).  In short, I believe that the Smash Bros games might have taken place in a dreamlike dimension.

Edited by - kamikaze koopa on 3/24/2005 6:34:48 PM

« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2005, 08:32:40 PM »
MY THEORY ON SSB:

Master Hand and his insane brother, Crazy Hand control the Nintendo universe. However, Crazy Hand, who was angered by his brother somehow, decided to hire mercenaries to destroy him. Therefore, 12 of Nintendo's biggest superstars came, but 4 of them (Luigi, Capt. Falcon, Jigglypuff and Ness) were captured, and brainwashed. Crazy Hand started up a tournament. Whoever won would fight the Master Hand. Master Hand was defeated, and Crazy Hand exiled. However, after being defeated, Master Hand invited all 12 characters back, plus 13 more. He decided that if he took out the top Nintendo character, he would earn respect. And, who knows what will happen next..?

« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2005, 08:37:30 PM »
So you believe that all the Nintendo games happen in the same universe?  Even the cartoonish (Kirby) and the realistic (Metroid)?

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2005, 09:37:19 PM »
I suppose they're in the same universe, but that's an interesting point. You guys have great theories, and now that I think back to the intros of the SSB games, I guess you guys are right.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker

Edited by - ledzeppelinrocks on 3/24/2005 7:38:43 PM
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2005, 11:52:26 PM »
Thanks.  ^_^

If you want to see some more in-depth theorizing you should check out my site.  There should be a link to it in my profile.

« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2005, 11:57:35 PM »
Good point, Kamikaze Koopa, but there can be two very different places in one world. For example, compare New York to Antarctica. Compare Venice to the Sahara Desert. Very different.

« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2005, 11:17:01 AM »
Very true.  But things don't go from cartoony and silly to realistic and serious when you fly from continent to continent.  Although, you're absolutely right about the possibility of multiple places existing in the same universe.  For example, I believe that the Donkey Kong games take place in the Marioverse.  I just don't think that Samus Aran is going to come blasting onto the scene right in the middle of a fight with Bowser, ya know?

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2005, 11:48:04 AM »
I've been wondering this for a while: how do you people pronounce "mariology"?  Is it mar-ee-all-aw-jee, or mar-ee-o-wall-aw-jee?  More of an opinion question than fact, really.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #133 on: March 25, 2005, 05:21:27 PM »
I'd pronounce it in the latter form.

« Reply #134 on: March 25, 2005, 05:30:51 PM »
I've always pronounced it mar-ee-ah-luh-gee.

Print