Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476274 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #135 on: March 25, 2005, 07:32:28 PM »
Well, since it's "Mariology" and not "Mario-ology", there's only one way to pronounce it, and that is "Ma-ree-ah-la-gee".

"Don’t look into car headlights and freeze, because you might get run over or shot."
That was a joke.

« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2005, 12:54:13 AM »
MY THEORY ON SSB PART 2:

I've always thought of Dreamland not being part of the Nintendo universe as such, but more of a Dream World, similar to Subcon. Planet Zebes is a planet somewhere else in the Nintendo system. This was also where Tatanga grew up. The Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule are in pallarel continents, and Pokemon is simply a craze, in a kind of Asian part of the planet. Some of the different games aare set on different planets, and in different parts of the planet. Master Hand lives far up on the north pole, Crazy Hand on the south.

It''''s funny until someone gets hurt. Then it gets hilarious!
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #137 on: March 27, 2005, 03:06:23 PM »
Kongo Jungle and Wario Land are on the same continent as the Mushroom Kingdom.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #138 on: March 27, 2005, 04:50:48 PM »
I gotta disagree about Kongo Jungle.  I think that one's on an island all its own.  Wario Land, though, I'm not so sure.

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #139 on: March 27, 2005, 05:34:10 PM »
Good point. The Earthbound place is also probably a island. But what about the Paper Mario areas like Rougeport. That's probably like an alternate paper dimension in the Nintendo universe. Yoshi's Island is deffinatley an island, and there's Mario kart tracks on all the Mario-related areas of the Nintendo universe.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #140 on: April 02, 2005, 12:06:56 PM »
Bump.

« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2005, 10:55:50 AM »
Yoshi's Island is part of the Dinosaur Islands in the moddle of an ocean.

Also I don't think Mario Kart, Tennis, Party, Golf actualy happened in the Mario history line.

Wario and Waluigi aren't humans, look at their ears and their nose. Its pointy and the nose is pink.

Also, the master hand thing, I think he's simply a human's hand from our world. In SSB, he's a kid playing with dolls. In SSBM, he grown up and became a geek, so he's collection trophies, or may I say, collectable action figures.
He was also in the very first Kirby game, when you had a gameover, you could chose, by controling Master Hand, if you wanted to continue or not. Forcing Kirby to try again.

Edited by - br0kebusta on 4/29/2005 10:00:26 AM

« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2005, 07:03:44 PM »
The Master Hand is a kid in the first game and is an adult geek in the second? I never thoguht of it before like that!

And the Paper Mario world before an alternate diemnesion.? That would expalin why we almost never see characters from them in other games (I don't think mario Parties and Sports are part of the timeline, so taht's why teh Star Spirits can pop up in Mario Party 5).

Random Anime Quote:
"I have split ends?"--Zelgadis. Slayer Next episode 6.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2005, 02:09:49 PM »
Most of the fan fiction I've read explains a lot about the Mario world mainly known as Plit to many. In my fan fiction, there is another contient called Laplithia where the mushroomers come from.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2005, 04:44:48 PM »
What [edit], i registered to the other site, but didn't received the password. It's been like over a month.

Oh yeah, and my opinion in what era they live, I would say the 1800s

~That's no reason for profanity. ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/2/2005 5:41:01 PM

« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2005, 10:31:52 PM »
My thoughts on the Paper Mario World has always left me puzzled.  It is strange how Mario can be 3-D in one game, and be flat and have "paper powers" in another.  Could there be two Marios? Two Bowsers?  Two Peaches?  Two Toadsworths, etc.?  Maybe there is a completely different dimension (like many people have said) that is almost like a copy of the 3-D Mario world, only in paper.  There is Mario, and then there is Paper Mario.

It is either that or the Paper Mario games are simply telling you a story of one of Mario's adventures.  Mario did the adventure in 3-D, but the story is obviously told in a book, hence the paper.  The games do seem very story like, and sometimes as if you're participating in a book.  Then again...If Mario actually did the adventure in 3-D, then wouldn't that mean he would have paper powers out of the Paper Mario world?...nevermind.  My theories are strange, I know.  I'm not that good at explaining things, so if you don't understand you are most likely not alone.

I've noticed, though, that there is a lot more creativity in the Paper Mario world.  It seems like that 3-D Mario worlds are a little touchy when it comes to making new characters.  Sure, they made the Piantas and Nokis, but by the end of the game they were getting a little old.  Paper Mario keeps it going with new species in each chapter.  A dragon, then punis and a cloud lady, next a champion WWE style wrestling hawk, ragdoll people and a freak in a sheet, Flavio, Shadow Sirens, X-Nauts, Cortez, Ishnail, I could go on and on but I'm sure you're already bored of hearing me jabber about this.  Okay, I'm done.
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2005, 12:53:36 AM »
It'd be a universe, not a dimension. DImensions are degrees of freedom, and its not like the Paper Mario "universe" is a completely 2-D one.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2005, 01:07:33 AM »
I give up. I'm throwing my Mariology degree (if I ever had one) in the bin and studying the effects monkeys have on trees.

« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2005, 07:12:53 PM »
Oooooh.  Monkeys and trees.  Basically: Monkey + Tree = Less Bananas

"Lord Bowser, do you like egg salad?" ~ Kammy Koopa - Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2005, 10:38:52 PM »
<sarcasm> See? This is much more interesting than Mario!!! </sarcasm>

Print