Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476224 times)

« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2005, 06:56:27 AM »
Thanks.

« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2005, 12:15:51 PM »
So, we've discussed the cultures of the Marioverse (to an extent).  How about the biology?

-----------------------------
"The bigger they are, the harder I fight."

« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2005, 07:37:32 PM »
Does anyone know how many species (or races) there are in the Mushroom Dimension?  Such as Koopas, Toads, Goombas, etc.  

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2005, 09:23:22 PM »
Infinitely many. ...Since at least one new one is created in every Mario game.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #94 on: February 14, 2005, 06:32:48 AM »
Claws and I think alike.  ;-)

As for actual species, has anybody played a game called Mageknight?  In their universe all the monsters and creatures are called "magespawn" and were created through magic, not through natural evolution.  I tend to think that most Super Mario monsters are the same way, seeing as how we tend to only see one of them ever and then they're gone.  So I don't think that they are natural races but rather monsters created through manipulative magic, possibly even from tampering with certain natural animals.

As for the actual races, my list consists of these:
Toads
Beanbeans (or are they just Beans, I don't remember?)
Koopas
Goombas
Yoshis
Shyguys (and all their variations, that includes snifits)
Humans (even though you only ever see them in Wario games I still like to think they're there)
Boos
Bandits
Those Mice from SMW2 and PM.

*whew* There are still too many to name, and I only listed some of the sentient races.  I'll try and work up a more comprehensive list.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #95 on: February 14, 2005, 05:55:58 PM »
Don't forget the Apparitions. The come in all shapes and sizes, sometimes manipulating actual objects to form a body. (Pirate and Dragon ghosts of PM2, others).

« Reply #96 on: February 14, 2005, 08:00:29 PM »
By the way, Kamikaze, I'm thinking about creating a Mario website all about continuity issues such as what we're discussing now.  I don't yet know how to, but when I learn, if my plans ever come to fruition, and if you'd like, you could be on the staff or something.  Just a thought.  Currently I'm very busy, so it could be a while before anything concrete is done.

Anyone have any ideas as to how these creatures originated?  I'm willing to believe they were created by the Star Spirits or a similar supreme being or beings.  Magic is always a viable option in the Mushroom Dimension; much of what happens there is based on supernatural forces.  So it is highly probable that some races did originate from magic.

When I say Mushroom "Dimension,"  I'm talking about the Mushroom Kingdom, Beanbean Kingdom, Sarasaland, etc.  Anything on what has been referred to as Mushroom "Earth" and the surrounding physical universe.  (Because I know I've heard characters in the game refer to earth, and there's no way it could be our earth.)  This Mushroom Dimension is connected to ours through a few tears in the dimensional fabric; known ones include a trans-dimensional warp pipe in Donkey Kong Island's Kongo Jungle, which is in our dimension, off the coast of Africa (refer to Mario Party's DK's Jungle Adventure board for a glimpse at this pipe), and one at an undisclosed location in Brooklyn, New York.  Most of you probably knew all this, but I'm just making sure.

Edited by - Claws on 2/14/2005 6:01:56 PM

« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2005, 08:31:50 AM »
Funny you should mention that, Claws.  I actually created my own Mariology message board quite a while ago but never had anybody to join.  It's currently devoid of any threads or *ahem* members, although now it seems like it might have some promise after all.  I don't have a link to it right now but I can have one up by tomorrow if you would like.

« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2005, 08:40:29 AM »
I think Mario is a toad. but without the mushroom cap. Think about it. He was raised in a mushroom house. He gains live via mushroom. He must be a Toad! Luigi too!
TMK fan since three years ago!

« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2005, 08:52:19 AM »
I don't think he's anatomically built like a Toad (Toads don't have ears or noses for starters).  It's a good theory, and actually one that I've heard before, but I think there are just too many physical differences between the two.

« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2005, 09:36:52 AM »
w00t!  One hundred posts!  ^_^

Anyway, in regards to Claws' earlier question; I have two theories on the matter of the monster's origins.

A) They were created by the beings who inhabit the Star Road (i.e. Geno and Smithy, I know it wasn't actually them but just so you would know who I'm talking about).

B) They were created through magic by the same race that built/enchanted the warp pipes.  (No, I don't belive the pipes are a naturally occuring phenomenon)

« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2005, 06:19:53 PM »
Yes, please do provide a link to your message board, Kamikaze.  I didn't think such a board existed, and I'm excited that I've finally found one.  Perhaps I can even help boost the attendance by getting the word out about it on other boards like this one.

Speaking of Warp Pipes, I actually think that they are a result of advanced technology rather than enchantment.  I'll explain myself later because right now I have to go.

Edited by - Claws on 2/15/2005 4:20:42 PM

« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2005, 10:38:31 PM »
http://kamikazekoopa.proboards38.com/

Like I said, currently there is nothing there.  And I mean nothing, so by all means post something.  ^_^

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2005, 10:03:49 AM »
By all means, if anybody else wants to join up that would be great.  There more the merrier.  ^_^

By the way, this is by no means trying to draw attention away from the Fungi Forums.  It's simply a brother site for those who choose to go there.

« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2005, 11:35:49 PM »
I think that Snifits and Shyguys are mostly the same. Snifits just can generate bullets from their nose/mouth and Shyguys don't. Or, shyguys can, but they don't want to.
And, it's proven that the "nose" is mouth. In SMRPG there's a Snifit that shoots bullets from his mouth, and talks with it too. And in one Nintendo Power guides they said: "Watch out for Snifits, they can shoot bullets from their mouths!"

Print