Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477999 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #360 on: February 21, 2006, 08:09:07 PM »
I suppose Hal is a Nintendo company, they make Kirby games. Luigi is too weird in SSBM, I agree.
Perhaps some Koopas fled to fight with Bowser out of fear they would be conquered and were given the title "Troopa."
I said earlier that, although Koopas were on all fours in SMB, they were upright in SMW2. In the continuity-wise timeline, this means koopas were bipeds, devolved to quadrupeds, the re-evolved.
SSBM's goomba trophy said something about them betraying the Mushroom Kingdom....
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #361 on: February 21, 2006, 08:17:48 PM »
I edited my post about how toads reproduce. XD

I don't even know how we got to talking about that. We're all devoted Mario fans here, I guess. So devoted to be scientists to the Mario world.
Oops, I forgot that this was a 'serious posts' topic. Sorry. :-\

Anyway, Luigi seems to have a strange character in SSBM. His voice is different, he has different abilities than all the other games. He also has a weird stance. And isn't he supposed to be clumsier and afraid? I mean, it might be different in this game, because of the setting. Was Super Smash Brothers Melee actually made by a Nintendo company? It seems a little awkward.

Also, it seems as if Koopas aren't really Bowser's 'troopers' any more. As it said it in the past classic games(Super Mario World for one). Now they're just called Koopas. Well, I have a theory. Notice how they are called Koopa Troopas in the classic games. But in PM:TTYD They also called them Koopa Troopas. But, when they were known as Koopa Troopas, they were always 'the bad guy'.

Actually, it would seem they haven't made a Mario game with the whole 'Bowser kidnaps Peach', etc. Well, I guess Paper Mario TTYD would be one, but a game with classic gameplay. Has Bowser just gotten lazy? Mabey he's too busy practicing up for the next Mario sports game. <_</

Of course you all have noticed that Koopas are evolving, right? In SMB the stood on all fours. Now they are considered homo erectus. Mushroom Kingdom sure has a fast evolution rate. Goombas are the same, though, except in Super Mario World and Super Mario 64. They looked more like bubbles than rotten mushrooms.

That's a great idea, try to find all of the Mushroom Kingdom's enemies that have "evolved" since the classical games. ^_^

nintendoexpert89: That's not true. male's chromosomes are XY while female's is XX. Y is the male, while the female is X. It is very strange to think about if Mario characters reproduce. There's not really a scientific explaination for Mario characters. Nintendo isn't just going to explain all that, but it would be funny. Toads are more of an evolved super mushroom, I think. A goomba is just a rotten toad. I don't know, just my theory. Besides, in toads reproduction can be totally different. If a toad can even have more chromosomes. If they have a recessive gene, the outcomes could be totally different than a human. Even their cell developments can be different. In most organisms, cell will continue to divide until it has reached a certain pressure point where it can no longer divide. In toads, they could have less chromosomes, because they don't grow much. Their chromosomes could only be three, for example, meaning that they can only divide into three cells, making them three-fourths larger than a child toad. In a human, chromosomes can only split into two parts.

Wow, this is a weeeeiiirrd moment. We're talking about how toads reproduce. Look how low we've sunk. XD XD XD
This reminds me of a time we were talking about how toads came about, and their name. My teacher is a Mario freak too, so we were talking about it. It came down to toads and something about how grass grows... and toilets... I have NO idea how..........
« Last Edit: February 21, 2006, 08:24:14 PM by Khold »

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #362 on: February 22, 2006, 07:37:36 AM »
I think I may have an explanation for the Koopa Troopas' evolution sequence and the Goombas.  In SMW2, the KTs were evolved, but when their master, Bowser, had fully grown, that stupid movie was somewhat right about the Devolving ray.  Bowser had devolved the Koopa Troopas to a point where they walked on all fours.  They were known as shell creepers, or something like that, on MB.  Anyways, about the Goombas.  Bowser captured some mushroom people that were betraying Princess Toadstool, and used his 'devolving ray' and they became the Goombas that usually die of head damage.

What I don't really get is how a character who doesn't really look like a regular koopa is known as 'Koopa' in Japan.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #363 on: February 22, 2006, 08:46:29 AM »
And Koopas can walk on all fours for extra speed I suppose.
But actually they are a lot faster in their shells, as seen in Mario Power Tennis or Super Mario World (the invincible shell).

I like Luigi in SSBM more than the regular one. There he is more unique (and I am don't talking about the moves) and also his whole shape looks better. I can't explain exactly why.

I don't think Gumbas are de-evolved Toads. I think they are just a related species which is more bad guy-like.

« Reply #364 on: February 22, 2006, 01:07:21 PM »
But actually they are a lot faster in their shells, as seen in Mario Power Tennis or Super Mario World (the invincible shell).

and in Paper Mario, where moving quickly inside their shells made a "comeback" (like it was ever gone, or anything).

I love the way this topic started out about one thing, then turned into something else, which turned into something completely different.. :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #365 on: February 23, 2006, 03:39:03 PM »
It's called going off topic.

« Reply #366 on: February 23, 2006, 03:50:18 PM »
Um, no, we're still on topic. We're just talking about other perspectives from peoples' opinions.

When in the MB Movie did it say Koopas were known as 'shell creepers'?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #367 on: February 23, 2006, 04:07:02 PM »
No.  I meant the arcade game MB
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #368 on: February 23, 2006, 10:06:32 PM »

Yes but not all Koopas have access to invincible shells.

And if you even include the movie as cannon the goomba part still wouldnt make sense because many goombas are smart in the Paper Mario's and hate Bowser. Same for the Koopas.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #369 on: February 24, 2006, 01:17:04 AM »
Yes but not all Koopas have access to invincible shells.

And if you even include the movie as cannon the goomba part still wouldnt make sense because many goombas are smart in the Paper Mario's and hate Bowser. Same for the Koopas.

Yeah! I like the Mario RPG's (inlcuding the original Mario RPG for SNES) b/c it shows that while Bowser is/was powerful, he doesn't have total control over all Goombas/Koopas/Bloopers/Cheep-Cheeps..

Cheep-Cheeps.. what an odd name for a fish.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #370 on: February 24, 2006, 05:33:57 PM »
The only smart fish I know is Sushie ( PM ), the excess express cook and two blimp managers ( PM2 ).
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2006, 12:16:10 AM »
Don't forget the tadpoles (in Mario RPG) that were the precursors to PMs fish.

« Reply #372 on: March 01, 2006, 05:50:52 AM »
Only problem with that is that tadpoles are not fish. They're frogs.

« Reply #373 on: March 02, 2006, 12:27:12 AM »
Yes, but they were still the precursors to anything that lived in the water and was Mario's ally in an RPG type game.

« Reply #374 on: March 02, 2006, 01:51:13 PM »
Hey, Mariologists!  I don't much like dissecting my beloved childhood memories, but I did come across an article you might like.  It's an official Mario timeline... according to an unofficial source.  Maybe you'll find something to argue about.  :)

0028 MK

- Baby Mario is born
    - Baby Luigi is born
    - Baby Koopa is born
    - While being transported to their destination home, stork drops baby Mario
    - Yoshi’s Island begins

0010 MK

- Mario departs home, leaving Luigi to tend to things.
    - Mario takes job jumping over barrels thrown by Donkey Kong
    - Mario and Luigi have first run in with King Koopa in “Super Mario Bros.”
    - After Koopa is defeated, he vows revenge.

0009 MK

- Exhausted from the journey to defeat Koopa, Mario falls asleep.
    - Mario has a crazy dream in which sprites from the Mario world are pasted into the Doki Doki Panic world.
    - Events of “Super Mario Bros. 2″
    - When Mario wakes up, he is kidnapped.

0008 MK

- Luigi goes searching for Mario
    - “Mario is Missing” begins
    - Luigi locates Mario, but to his surprise it was all a trap to send them to an alternate dimension.
    - Mario and Luigi are paper thin in this dimension. Alternate dimension Koopa is pretty [angry] with this revelation, determined to stop them from ruining this world like they did in the original dimension.
    - Events of “Paper Mario” take place

0007 MK

- Events of “Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door” take place.
    - Find wishing star again, wish themselves back to original dimension.

0006 MK

- Right away, Koopa kidnaps the princess again and Mario goes to save her. But a huge [edit] sword slams through the roof of Koopa castle.
    - Events of “Super Mario RPG”

0005 MK

- Mario takes a break and tries to give up the hero business. Tries his hand at teaching math, typing, doctor, construction work and even dancing. Events of “Mario Teaches Typing”, “Mario Teaches Math”, “Dr Mario” and “DDR Mario” take place. Somehow, Koopa found a way to [edit] with all of it. So Mario goes back.
    - Koopa has a new plan, so he orders 7 kids from the stork.
    - Ludwig, Roy, Morton, Wendy, Iggy, Lemmy and Larry enter the world.

0001 MK

- After Mario re-enters the hero business, Bowser creates a fleet of airships.
    - Mario is like ‘oh dukar’, and goes to destroy them. Defeats Koopa kids one by one.
    - Events of “Super Mario Bros. 3.”

0003 BK

- Events of “Super Mario World”
    - As a favour to Yoshi for helping out, they treat Yoshi to a Safari and also to cookies. “Yoshi’s Cookies” and “Yoshi Safari” occur
    - Mario calls up Nintendo and gets Yoshi a contract for “Yoshi’s Story”.
    - Koopa tries to go legit, creating family friendly hotels all around the land

0005 BK

- After getting into a drunken argument with Luigi, Mario swears Koopa is doing evil again and goes to shut down his hotels.
    - Events of “Hotel Mario”
    - Koopa swears off doing good, and vows revenge on the Mario Bros. once again.

0006 BK

- After using a 3D ray on all the world which turns everything into 3D, Bowser takes over Peach’s Castle.
    - Mario is invited to a party, but it’s just a trap. Events of “Mario 64″
    - After the party is saved (and turned into a neverending game series, “Mario Party”), Princess Peach sets up a series of sports tournaments around the mushroom kingdom.

0007 BK

- “Mario Golf” tournaments occurs
    - “Mario 3 on 3 Basketball” tournaments occurs
    - “Mario Kart” tournaments occurs
    - “Mario Tennis” tournament occurs
    - “Mario Baseball” tournament occurs

0008 BK

- Luigi is jealous that every sports tournament is named after his brother, so after he hears he has won a free mansion he goes off to live alone.
    - But the mansion is filled with ghosts, and he has to suck that [edit] away.
    - Events of “Luigi’s Mansion”
    - Luigi is still [edit].
    - Mario is starting to get pretty egotistical, and makes some offhanded comment about how platforming is a mans job. Not fit for girls. Peach storms off, starring in “Super Princess Peach”

0009 BK

- When Peach comes back, and Luigi comes back… they’re still angry. Mario is angry everyone left him without anything to do. Some Nintendo characters are furious that Nintendo went carts for N64. Koopa is [edit] at everything.
    - “Super Smash Bros.” occurs. Everyone agrees the fighting calms some nerves. They should do it again sometime.

0010 BK

- And so they do it again, the following year. “Smash Bros. Melee” occurs.

0012 BK

- Mario agrees that it’s time to take a vacation. They fly to a beautiful island, except Bowser is back again. No break. Events of “Super Mario Sunshine”

0014 BK

- Mario learns of a time machine, which he thinks he could use to stop Koopa from ever coming to be. He uses it, but unfortunately he and Luigi are sent reeling throughout time.
    - Events of “Mario in Time”
    - At the end, Koopa damages their time machine and Mario and Luigi awake in Brooklyn, 1992.

0015 BK

- They become actual plumbers, and fight bowser and save peach again. “Mario Bros. The Movie” occurs
« Last Edit: March 02, 2006, 06:14:11 PM by Sapphira »
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

Print