Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477979 times)

« Reply #375 on: March 02, 2006, 05:51:41 PM »
SSBM's goomba trophy said something about them betraying the Mushroom Kingdom....

You know, if the Goombas are supposed to be bad mushrooms, how come nobody has tried to eat one yet?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #376 on: March 02, 2006, 06:31:52 PM »
Hm... Do you think it sounds appetizing eating an over-sized moving brown mushroom before? With feet, I might add? I think not!

« Reply #377 on: March 02, 2006, 06:43:13 PM »
Ok, now about Koopa Shells.. how come nobody (other than Koopas) have tried to wear a Koopa shell?

Toad would fit in one, since he and Koopa are about the same size (based on MKDD), but what about the other non-Koopa shell wearing characters?

I have a bunch of these type of questions.. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #378 on: March 02, 2006, 10:07:21 PM »
There's allie goombas in the Paper Mario's.

The movie, sport and spin off games usually arn't considered cannon so there's some work on that timeline.

And a lot of it is really crappy explanations.
Senior Mariology professor

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #379 on: March 03, 2006, 04:10:41 PM »
Most Nintendo fans save their timeline debating for the Zelda games.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #380 on: March 04, 2006, 12:16:13 AM »
My theory on the Zelda timeline is that there is one timeline..

Remember in Ocarina of Time **spoilers ahead!**

.. where Zelda and Impa were fleeing from Hyrule and Zelda threw the Ocarina into the moat? Link picks it up and events in Ocarina of Time happen as they did, but in the ending, when Zelda transports Link back in time, maybe he has to collect the 3 Spirit Stones again, only when Link gets the Ocarina, he gets a different telepathic message, thus leading him into the events of Majoras' Mask (which wasn't that good of a game, imo).

But to stay on the topic of Mario: There is no timeline for the Mario games like there is for the Zelda/Metroid games.. the only games that seem to be in some order are Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong, and Mario Bros.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #381 on: March 04, 2006, 12:20:59 AM »
You're lucky I just beat OoT a couple of days ago, I hate spoilers like that.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #382 on: March 04, 2006, 12:21:59 AM »
Sorry. (-_-;)

I do too, but it had to be said, otherwise my post would've made no sense. :)

« Reply #383 on: March 04, 2006, 10:28:49 AM »
Why can't the timeline just go in order of when the games where released?

Besides of course Yoshi's Island.
Senior Mariology professor

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #384 on: March 04, 2006, 10:36:08 PM »
I got to thinking... Perhaps the Bros. literally raised themselves. In M&L:PiT the adults acted at least a little fatherly to their past selves. Luigi's timid nature may be from his errors in taking care of Baby Luigi--yelling at them at the start of Gritzy Caves, forgetting to lift him onto Mr. Thwomp before going into Thwomp Volcano, almost letting him get eaten by Petey Piranha... Mario became who he is because Baby Mario watched who he would turn out to be--brave, strong, hardworking, and the older brother part might have inspired him too. And in the beginning, their parents didn't take them to Peach's castle, they went on their own. Maybe they were already so powerful that they didn't need anyone to look after them.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #385 on: March 04, 2006, 11:12:51 PM »
I have now developed a new theory.  Perhaps the bros. were raised by different people at different points of their childhood.  At the beginning (YI), the Yoshis had to babysit Mario.  Not sure about Newborn Luigi, though.  Then as toddlers in M&L:PiT, the bros. were babysat by their older selves.  Later on (perhaps after their older selves went back to their own time), the bros were sent via warp pipe to NYC, and were raised by an Italian American family in Brooklyn
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #386 on: March 05, 2006, 09:56:54 AM »
Why can't the timeline just go in order of when the games where released?

Besides of course Yoshi's Island.

If you were a pro mariologist like you claim to be, then you would know.

« Reply #387 on: March 05, 2006, 07:24:34 PM »
This is what I believe is the timeline-
Yoshis island
Mario and Luigi:PiT (babys side)
Super Mario bros
Lost Levels
Super Mario bros 2
Super Mario bros 3
Super Mario world
Super Mario land
Super Mario land 2
Super Mario 64
Paper Mario
Luigis mansion
Sunshine
Mario and Luigi:SSS
Paper mario 2
Super Mario 64 Ds
Mario and Luigi: Pit (adults side)
(Sig under cunstruction)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #388 on: March 05, 2006, 08:54:51 PM »
I think SM64 and SM64DS are the same story retold, like SMB2USA and SMA.
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #389 on: March 05, 2006, 09:31:53 PM »
Plus, I think the DK, DKjr. and MB arcade games would go in between  M&L: PiT (baby's side) and SMB.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Print