Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477925 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #495 on: May 21, 2006, 02:36:27 AM »
But all they did was get captured by Bowser. The Toads need to FIGHT! A Toad needs to join Mario's party in the next Paper Mario (after SPM, if there is one)
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #496 on: May 21, 2006, 10:05:59 AM »
The castle in Super Mario 64 is not the official castle of the Mushroom Kingdom.  That castle is actually a gallery built on an island with a race track.  That way, people can watch a race or go the the gallery.  The things on the island were just built for fun purposes.  In Super Mario 64, Peach demands that Mario come to the castle for she had made a cake for him.  She couldn't have done that in that castle that is a gallery because there is no kitchen.  There is a kitchen in the Paper Mario castle which is the real castle where peach lives.  The castle in M&L:PIT is behind the Paper Mario castle and is connected to it.  This brings us to the castle in Super Mario RPG.  This is a castle for government.  This is where laws get put into affect and things like that.
In conclusion:
Super Mario 64 Castle is a fancy gallery.
Paper Mario and M&L:PIT Castle is just a home where Peach lives.
Super Mario RPG Castle is a place for government.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #497 on: May 21, 2006, 12:38:02 PM »
I like what you said fuzzy, seems good enough except I'm pretty sure the whole castle wasn't meant to just be just a gallery. Mabey a museum of sorts?

Everyone in the castle in Paper Mario couldn't escape, they where rasied in the air by Bowser's castle. They had nowhere to go.

Well, Luigi made it out but he's cool like that.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 12:40:17 PM by yoshimastar »
Senior Mariology professor

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #498 on: May 21, 2006, 12:42:38 PM »
In Super Mario 64, Peach demands that Mario come to the castle for she had made a cake for him.  She couldn't have done that in that castle that is a gallery because there is no kitchen.
Hahaha, I never noticed that. Brilliant.
It's YOUR problem!

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #499 on: May 21, 2006, 02:43:41 PM »
Thank you yoshimastar!  The castle is a museum dedicated to the arts like you said, because that would make more sense.  For example a room with a wall of water and a room with an huge tree clock in it and weird lighting has nothing to do with paintings, but art in general.  And lets not forget the aquarium.  So I am now stating that I believe that the castle in Super Mario 64 is some sort of art musuem for the general public to enjoy.  Also that castle does not have any bedrooms, nor is it furnished so it would perfect sense that the castle is not a home for Peach.  I hope that everybody else can agree with yoshimastar and me.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 02:47:03 PM by fuzzy »

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #500 on: May 21, 2006, 03:21:52 PM »
[In Super Mario 64, Peach demands that Mario come to the castle for she had made a cake for him.  She couldn't have done that in that castle that is a gallery because there is no kitchen

I thought that the castle was twisted and warped out of shape after the Power Stars were stolen and the paintings were enemy worlds created by Bowser using the negative energy in the Stars.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #501 on: May 21, 2006, 05:07:15 PM »
You could say that, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  Why would the castle change just because it's power stars were stolen?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #502 on: May 21, 2006, 05:48:43 PM »
I agree that the SM64 castle isn't possible to live in (no bathrooms, either), but maybe Bowser just likes blowing furniture up.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #503 on: May 21, 2006, 06:05:57 PM »
Pretty much all the furniture and objects where removed if there was any to begin with.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #504 on: May 21, 2006, 06:30:48 PM »
Here's a theory I devised:

Stars can grant a person unlimited power. Enough to take down anyone by touching them. Peach's Castle is so large that it requres 120 Stars to protect it from the dark forces. However, there was one loophole and Bowser had it figured out. The Stars also have negative energy that could be used for evil purposes(similar to the Chaos Emeralds), so Bowser figured out a way to harness that negative energy, thereby rendering the castle under his control. He warped the castle's insides so no one could get to him(mostly Mario) and created his own evil worlds hidden in the walls of the castle which are accessed by secret portals(paintings) so he could trap all the servants and the Princess herself. The last thing he did was make his underlings guard the stars in case someone(Mario) intrudes.

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #505 on: May 21, 2006, 07:10:16 PM »
If Bowser really wanted to escape from Mario he would have removed the staircases and removed all of the doors.  What could he have possibly changed in the castle design to make it harder for Mario?  Mario could easily access every floor and door with the proper stars and keys, so either Bowser does not have a very good imagination because he could have made the castle look more like his own, or he did not change the layout at all.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #506 on: May 21, 2006, 07:16:57 PM »
We already know from past outings that Bowser isn't the brightest bulb on the block.

« Reply #507 on: May 21, 2006, 07:32:12 PM »
Power stars give off radiation ( or magic ) and can temporarily increase the users mental and physical ability. Eventually the magic wears off, or is transferred to something else. Bowser used star power to seal the doors, but when Mario got more star power than the doors seals, it cancelled out Bowser's spell. Having lots of star power over a long period of time starts to increase your bad side as well. Since Mario only had the stars for the little time in M64 nothing bad happened to him. Though the resulting effects of 120 power stars gave him probably permanent increased agility, but not enough to make him punch through concrete or jump 10 yards.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #508 on: May 22, 2006, 12:20:41 PM »
There's a good extension of my theory.
The Power Stars may have also caused Bowser to increase in size during SM64.

« Reply #509 on: May 22, 2006, 04:27:42 PM »
Getting control of the castle could have just been a quick air raid.

And the stars are probably more for "powering" the castle than protecting it.

Print