Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 478058 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #690 on: August 22, 2006, 08:07:10 AM »
Well, some say that he was the Chancellor in SMRPG, but I think he can be explained around without too much trouble, since, as far as I know, Peach's castle wasn't deeply explored in peacetime before his introduction - the castle in SMRPG is a more ceremonial castle, and the one in SM64 is an art gallery.

I always thought that they were all the same castle; they just got it renovated after SMRPG, and it was twisted out of proportion due to the loss of star power in SM64. Those are my theories and I'm stickin' to 'em.

And about all the castles around the mushroom kingdom, maye this is where all of Bowser's troops stay when Mario hasn't entered the level? What I mean is before Mario enters a level, the castles are where the enemies found in the level, live. Every night, they would go to the castles to sleep, then in the morning, they would take their position in the level until night time. Then they would go to the castle for rest, and the night shift would begin their patrol.

I like this theory.

« Reply #691 on: August 22, 2006, 06:03:41 PM »
Vivian was not at all intellegent. Because of this, many ideas of why she was shunned by the Queen (in addition to her not understanding the plan) are quite possible.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #692 on: August 23, 2006, 10:03:44 AM »
Vivian was not at all intellegent. Because of this, many ideas of why she was shunned by the Queen (in addition to her not understanding the plan) are quite possible.

Since when was Vivian a she?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #693 on: August 23, 2006, 11:05:33 AM »
Does it really matter if the Japan version says she's male?

« Reply #694 on: August 23, 2006, 02:15:10 PM »
I suppose it's another of those Birdo incidents, where she was a he in Japan, yet it was a female everywhere else.

« Reply #695 on: August 23, 2006, 02:16:25 PM »
Does it really matter if the Japan version says she's male?

What are you talking about? She's male on the spanish and french versions as well.

« Reply #696 on: August 23, 2006, 04:41:07 PM »
Dude, the fact that I said she was a "she" was not important. (Well, I suppose it is now, since we can debate over whether or not Vivian's gender was switched.)

« Reply #697 on: August 23, 2006, 05:04:01 PM »
Since she's a shadow/ghost like thing gender doesn't matter.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #698 on: August 23, 2006, 08:21:39 PM »
Well, then you might as well call the Shadow Queen the Shadow King. (Although she used to have a body when her physical form was intact.)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #699 on: August 23, 2006, 09:07:47 PM »
I've been thinking.... Super Mario 2 USA wasn't released in Japan until 1992. You think that maybe the events depicted in that game didn't happen until then?

« Reply #700 on: August 24, 2006, 05:29:21 AM »
???
My game says that Vivian is a guy, (There's an humorous scene based on this) and the final boss is called the Shadow Queen. The english version is glitched or what.

« Reply #701 on: August 24, 2006, 08:32:21 AM »
Adventure_Knight, Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe (the part that translates to english) probably thought it would be a good idea to make a Vivian a girl since Vivian looked like one. Also, it's highly unlikely that EVERY english copy in exsistence is glitched.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #702 on: August 24, 2006, 09:22:40 AM »
???
My game says that Vivian is a guy, (There's an humorous scene based on this) and the final boss is called the Shadow Queen. The english version is glitched or what.

You obviously don't know much about 'localization'.

« Reply #703 on: August 24, 2006, 10:25:31 AM »
Well, then you might as well call the Shadow Queen the Shadow King. (Although she used to have a body when her physical form was intact.)

I mean they're neither.

Like a plant.

And if she was a guy Vivian would be gay because she kissed Mario at least twice (with a little floating heart mind you). She also almost said her true feelings about Mario at the end of the game.
Senior Mariology professor

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #704 on: August 24, 2006, 10:31:26 AM »
I can't believe we're debating about Vivian's gender again. Can we discuss something else?

Print