Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 478008 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #810 on: September 22, 2006, 03:16:34 PM »
But there weren't any humans in SML2. Heck, maybe humans are seen as God-figures by the mushroom people and that's why Peach is the princess and Mario is the hero. As for the humans in Mario Golf, I think it's safe to say that part of it takes place in the human world, evidenced in Mario Golf GB, where you don't see the Mushroom Kingdom until the end, and even then you step through this rainbow colored portal and walk across a bridge that resembles the Rainbow Road to get there. That may be how Mario and Luigi got to the Mushroom World in the first place. The whole "sewer warp" was established by NOA's crazy marketing team after it was used in the SMB Super Show (curse you, DiC!!).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 05:38:33 AM by Sapphira »

« Reply #811 on: September 22, 2006, 03:21:22 PM »
I think the games already established Mario and Luigi were born in the Mushroom World.

The "real" world, seen in Mario is Missing, Time Machine, GB Golf/Tennis, etc. can be accessed as well somehow, likely the portal used in GB Mario Golf.

(And I liked the Mario cartoons, contrived as they often were.)

The Brooklyn sewer warp story was what I was raised on, I admit, and I didn't warm up to the idea of them always having been there for awhile. But Partners in Time made their Mushroom Kingdom backstory a bit cooler.
I'll think of a better signature later!

« Reply #812 on: September 22, 2006, 03:31:44 PM »
But there weren't any humans in SML2. Heck, maybe humans are seen as God-figures by the mushroom people and that's why Peach is the princess and Mario is the hero.

But was it ever mentioned or seen what kind of people live in MarioLand? If it was, than I'm sorry. I've never played SML2 before. Heck, Mario could be ruling over a bunch of stuffed animals for all we know.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #813 on: September 22, 2006, 03:42:06 PM »
The only humanoid species in Mario Land 2  that come to mind are the witches in the Pumpkin zone.

And there should be a lot of humans in the Mushroom World. They could have been killed off during a war but many should have survived.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #814 on: September 22, 2006, 03:43:18 PM »
I always saw Mario Land as, like, Mario's vacation home island or something, likely given to him as a reward by Peach.

As we clearly see, he usually resides in a small house near Peach's Castle. For this reason, I don't think Mario Land even has inhabitants.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #815 on: September 22, 2006, 04:35:21 PM »
Unless you ant to count the enemies as inhabitants. Plus, it says in the instructions that Wario "hypnotized to the good people of Marioland with an evil spell", which could mean that the bosses and other enemies were once good (except Tatanga, who was hiding out in the Space Zone).

List of Bosses:
-Owl (Tree Zone)
-Mechanical Mouse (Macro Zone)
-Witch (Pumpkin Zone)
-Three Pigs (Mario Zone)
-Octopus (Turtle Zone
-Tatanga (Space Zone)

« Reply #816 on: September 23, 2006, 10:53:13 AM »
Really?

I always thought it was just some random alien, not Tatanga. I'll have to go look at that again sometime...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #817 on: September 23, 2006, 11:16:45 AM »
On Nintendo of Japan's official site, the pictures of him look pretty similar as do the symbols in his name on the pages for both games. Have a look.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n02/dmg/mla/chara/page03.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n02/dmg/l6j/enemy/index.html

« Reply #818 on: October 02, 2006, 03:47:32 PM »
If Mario and Peach were gonna get married where would it be?

Star Haven?
Gelato Beach?
Yoshi's Island?
Flower Fields?
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #819 on: October 02, 2006, 07:44:08 PM »
I think it would be somewhere in the Mushroom Kingdom, or the Mushroom World. Places like Yoshi's Island and Gelato Beach would not be included, as they're not in the Kingdom (Dinosaur Land and Isle Delfino, respectively).

Flower Fields would be a good place.. so bright and sunny, and pretty. They could have a nice outdoorsy type wedding (similar to what my fiancee wants to have, next May..)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #820 on: October 02, 2006, 09:21:57 PM »
Personally, I think they'd get married in front of Peach's castle. Peach's garden is fairly beautiful and once the wedding is over, Peach and Mario could spend a romantic evening inside the castle.

Technically, wouldn't that make Mario Prince of the Mushroom Kingdom?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #821 on: October 03, 2006, 04:19:16 PM »
Nah, he'd be King and Peach would finally be a queen. That's probably how it works.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #822 on: October 03, 2006, 09:47:11 PM »
If either one of Peach's parents is still alive, then it would make him Prince
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #823 on: October 04, 2006, 02:21:09 PM »
I have a feeling Peach's parents are both dead, as we've never seen nor heard anything about them so far. (Back to this again, eh?)

« Reply #824 on: October 04, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »
I have a feeling Peach's parents are both dead, as we've never seen nor heard anything about them so far. (Back to this again, eh?)

If I'm correct, we did see the king of the mushroom kingdom in the comics and some Mario coloring books. But those might not be canon, so they're not the most reliable of sources.

For the time being, since we've never seen Peach's mother and father, we can only assume they're alive and kickin'.

Print