Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 478109 times)

« Reply #825 on: October 04, 2006, 05:57:27 PM »
But, if Mario's king, what does that make Luigi, and their cousins Wario and Waluigi? Aaaah! It hurts to think about it! My brain is short-circuiting!!!
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #826 on: October 04, 2006, 06:07:16 PM »
I don't think the Marios and Warios are cousins.  I believe the Warios originated from either a parallel universe or test tubes, but there's no canon evidence for that.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #827 on: October 04, 2006, 06:28:27 PM »
A certain Nintendo power comic explains that Mario & Wario were best friends as kids, but Mario bullied Wario a lot, causing Wario to become evil. I beleive that Wario & Waluigi were once friends of Mario & Luigi, and it was just a strange coincidence that their names are simular.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #828 on: October 04, 2006, 06:55:30 PM »
Or maybe they changed their names to sound like that out of sheer jealousy and their real names are unknown.

« Reply #829 on: October 04, 2006, 10:27:48 PM »
Or mabey Wario is a robot built by magikoopas to steal Mario's castle for no apparent reason!

And Waluigi is the result of a bad KFC test tube experimentation!

And Peach's parents are actually humans and they're royalty because they assisted Mario's father to help defeat Bowser's father in a war just before the Bros. where born!

Hmmm wait that last one sounds intresting.....

Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #830 on: October 05, 2006, 02:00:27 PM »
Actually, Wario is supposedly Mario & Luigi's cousin because in an for (I can't remember if it was Mario Kart 64 or Mario Kart Super Circuit) there's a letter to Mario & Luigi that is signed: Your cousin, Wario.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #831 on: October 05, 2006, 03:18:34 PM »
I never recall any game ever having a letter that says that. Maybe you picked it up from some magazine or something.

« Reply #832 on: October 05, 2006, 04:35:01 PM »
There's no letters in MK64 but mabey Super Circuit
Senior Mariology professor

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #833 on: October 05, 2006, 07:07:37 PM »
There's no letter in SC, either. The game doesn't even have a plot.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #834 on: October 05, 2006, 07:22:21 PM »
marios not king.the king doesnt appear in the games, but is often shown in the comic series. and wario and waluigi arent related to each other and are not related to mario or luigi.

silverstarman

« Reply #835 on: October 05, 2006, 07:27:02 PM »
robert, that is true. thanks that there is someone else who knows. mario and wario used to meet at the park every day, at around 5. They used to play cowboys. mario would be sherif and wario convicted as the bad guy, and mario would used to poke him with his fingers as a gun.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #836 on: October 06, 2006, 01:17:33 PM »
The comics may or may not be canon. But it's a good thing to take into consideration. Oh, and Wario and Waluigi are related. It said so on NOE's website.

silverstarman

« Reply #837 on: October 06, 2006, 02:15:34 PM »
 welp, the web is wrong. i no everything there is to know about mario (almost). most people say wario was from the test tubes, but it was really waluigi. in MP3, there is a stage with waluigi. thats where they met.

« Reply #838 on: October 06, 2006, 02:43:49 PM »
welp, the web is wrong. i no everything there is to know about mario (almost). most people say wario was from the test tubes, but it was really waluigi. in MP3, there is a stage with waluigi. thats where they met.

Uh, I don't think that neither Wario nor Waluigi came from test tubes. I think that would be a bit mature for the Mario universe. I just think that Wario & Waluigi are just two regular dudes who were  friends with the Mario brothers as kids who, coincidentally, had similar names & looks to Mario and Luigi.

Also, what do you mean by "there is a stage with waluigi"? Wasn't Waluigi a playable character in that game?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #839 on: October 06, 2006, 05:01:12 PM »
Yeah, he was playable, but not in Story Mode. The final stage belonged to him. This was because he takes over as the villain after beating Bowser in a fist fight in Story Mode.

Print