Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477898 times)

« Reply #945 on: December 07, 2006, 09:04:29 PM »
I hate to interrupt this discussion, but I once read this on Wikipedia (this is a direct quote): "Due to the fact that, in the game, Madame Clairvoya claims that Bowser has been 'soundly defeated' by Mario, many believe that Luigi's Mansion is set after all the other Mario games, even those yet to be released.", implying that LM took place after every other Mario game; in between that time, Mario killed Bowser. It's not fully explained if this true, but it's an interesting theory. It may be possible that Mario did kill Bowser, but he was revived shortly after the events of LM, similar to what happened in NSMB. Another theory of mine is, indeed, LM takes place after every Mario game, and Bowser truly is dead.

Also, perhaps "Soundly defeated" doesn't necessarily mean killed; maybe Mario knocked Bowser into a temporary coma or maybe Bowser broke an arm or something.

What do you guys think on the subject?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #946 on: December 07, 2006, 09:16:18 PM »
The Bowser that we see in the final fight in LM is just a giant mecha, or suit that King Boo created to scare Luigi, and to extend his repritorie of attacks during the fight.

It is a well known fact that Boos themselves aren't very good fighters, and just cover their faces and blush when someone is looking at them (outside of the RPG games, anyway).

I think that LM is reffering to a time when people thought Bowser was down for the count (just like Robert said above).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #947 on: December 07, 2006, 11:21:23 PM »
The Mario games happen in the order they come out. Exceptions: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island DS
That was a joke.

« Reply #948 on: December 08, 2006, 06:42:15 AM »
The Mario games happen in the order they come out. Exceptions: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island DS

In that case, what did Madame Clairvoya mean by "Soundly Defeated"? Was Bowser really killed by Mario?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #949 on: December 08, 2006, 08:09:12 AM »
I'm guessing yes, but Kammy gathered the magikoopas to help her revive him.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #950 on: December 08, 2006, 06:59:16 PM »
Uninformed guess: perhaps Luigi's Mansion happened during the events of New Super Mario Bros., when Mario killed Bowser during the World 1 fight. True, Luigi did appear in that game, but only really as a Player 2 or with a code.

Hey, it could happen... it just sprung to my mind just then.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #951 on: December 10, 2006, 08:10:52 PM »
That's sounds best.

And yah know, there's no reason why Madame C. should tell the truth anyway. Especially since Luigi's getting rid of them all.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #952 on: December 11, 2006, 07:50:49 AM »
Remember, Luigi's Mansion came was released after Paper Mario 1. At the end of PM Bowser and Kammy was falling from the sky. Kammy was riding her broomstick so she could have regained flight and survive.

Bowser......ehh? *splat*
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

« Reply #953 on: December 11, 2006, 04:04:28 PM »
I haven't seen the ending, so I wouldn't know... but did it actually show Bowser landing? He could have landed in water or something... or a Lakitu could have retrieved him...

« Reply #954 on: December 11, 2006, 05:57:54 PM »
Koopa clown car could have saved him, Kammy saved him with magic, and he wasn't actually shown falling more than off the roof of Peach's Castle.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #955 on: December 11, 2006, 08:16:37 PM »
So, explain Bowser surviving falling in lava in SMB.
That was a joke.

« Reply #956 on: December 11, 2006, 08:49:04 PM »
Maybe, just maybe, because he had 'magic' at that time, that prevented him from death... but, after the Mushroom people returned to their normal forms, he might have lost his magic, explaining why he survived the lava in SMB (using the last of his magic) and didn't in NSMB (because his magic was gone).

« Reply #957 on: December 11, 2006, 08:57:01 PM »
When Bowser falls into the lava when you beat him in SMB, he presuming simply leaps out to safety off screen. How could he jump out of the lava? Well, Mario did something similar in SM64, so that's probably what Bowser did, as well. But were they both able to do that?

...Um... posterior protection?

« Reply #958 on: December 12, 2006, 05:10:30 PM »
In SMB3 in World 8 the ships floated in what looked like lava, but Mario could swim in it.

And the ships where made of wood.

And Bowser could have used magic.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #959 on: December 13, 2006, 05:57:18 PM »
1-up Mushrooms, people!! Who says Mario is the only one who can use them? Bowser probably has loads of em' in his arsernal.

Print