Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 478014 times)

« Reply #990 on: January 02, 2007, 04:11:32 PM »
I had this crazy idea pop up in my head that Bowser Jr. was born while Bowser was Bowletta. In this theory we could say that Bowser had a wife once who gave birth to the Koopalings but died soon after. I didn't give it much thought.
But here's a more plausible mariology theory. I once thought that goombas weren't really working for Bowser but just wild creatures wanting to attack Mario. I stopped thinking this because a) they have referenced they are led by Bowser in a couple of games, and b) considering they talk I think they're smarter than that. So I gave it more thought and wondered whether or not the Goombas might be mercenaries in the Koopa Troop as they seem to have no other relation. I wanted to know what you thought.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #991 on: January 02, 2007, 04:15:48 PM »
Nah, Goombas are smart. Some of them just defected to Bowser's side after he decided to wage war on the Mushroom Kingdom. The problem is that they don't hold up well against humans, at least not Mario.

I also don't think the Goombas are as weak as people make them out to be. One needs to remember that Mario is super-strong. Maybe the Goombas can only be crushed by someone strong enough. After all, Goombario's head was supposedly as hard as a rock. They also have those sharp teeth, which would probably be painful to get bitten by. Lastly, you have to think of a Goomba's relative size. Mario is pretty short and a Goomba is about the same size as him when he's Small Mario, so how big is a Goomba compared to the average human?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 04:17:19 PM by The Chef »

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #992 on: January 02, 2007, 04:30:55 PM »
Well, the SMB movie they showed them as huge mutant monsters, instead of little chesnut people, but they could be wrong. Wait a minute..... wasn't there a picture that showed some sort of police line showing main mario characters? And their heights?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #993 on: January 02, 2007, 06:19:44 PM »
Hmm, that's a good idea Robert. Bowser's dad could have used humans as slaves since Mushroom people don't seem to have our abilities. And he would use more Koopas for war instead of labor. But if news of a haven would have spread across the globe, the poachers would have found out.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #994 on: January 03, 2007, 10:24:46 AM »
Hmm, that's a good idea Robert. Bowser's dad could have used humans as slaves since Mushroom people don't seem to have our abilities. And he would use more Koopas for war instead of labor. But if news of a haven would have spread across the globe, the poachers would have found out.

Not slaves, but commodities. Also, I suppose Mario would have built high, thick walls so that intruders couldn't penetrate. Plus, the people of Mario land have Mario on their side, so they don't have to worry about a thing. Thanks for the compliment, though!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #995 on: January 03, 2007, 11:27:56 AM »
I dunno, Mario doesn't actually lives there (he's always around Peach's Castle or his Paper Mario house) and he has adventures to go on. And what do you mean commodities?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #996 on: January 03, 2007, 01:07:43 PM »
And what do you mean commodities?
Dontcha get it?  Bowser used his devolving ray on the poached humans to expand his troops!  Each Goomba that Mario has squished may have been human at one time!  O.O
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #997 on: January 03, 2007, 02:11:34 PM »
Did the devolving gun appear outside of the movie?

If not it ain't canon.

EVER!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #998 on: January 03, 2007, 02:12:51 PM »
The movie is definitely not something to live by. There has never been any evidence of the Goombas devolving from anything in the games.

You guys must also have not seen my post, because there's no evidence for there being humans in Mario Land, or any large amount of them on Mushroom Earth, meaning that the ones who are there  might've come directly from our Earth, or descended from someone from our Earth.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #999 on: January 03, 2007, 02:24:51 PM »
You know, I think this topic can sometimes rip a hole in the universe, now whe have a Mushroom Earth!
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1000 on: January 03, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »
And what do you mean commodities?

I meant that just like elephants have their ivory, humans had some sort of valuable commodity that they were born with that Morton Sr. wanted so badly, he was willing to kill the entire human population of the Mushroom World to get it.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1001 on: January 03, 2007, 02:28:48 PM »
You know, I think this topic can sometimes rip a hole in the universe, now whe have a Mushroom Earth!

That's the name I use to refer to Mario's world. I think it was coined in this thread before I became a member.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1002 on: January 03, 2007, 05:20:20 PM »
Now the question is what were these human commodities that Morton Sr. wanted so badly?  In response to my last post I was just throwing theories around.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #1003 on: January 04, 2007, 11:30:45 AM »
Uh... I never thought about that. Um... their brains? Maybe they used human bones for piano keys like we use elephant ivory for piano keys?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1004 on: January 04, 2007, 12:37:47 PM »
It's called the Mushroom World.
With games like Yoshi's Island DS, I pretty much doubt that Mario ever lived in "our" Earth. I guess Miyamoto said the arcade games take place in Brooklyn. But still.
That was a joke.

Print