Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 478010 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1335 on: August 19, 2007, 02:58:41 PM »
Well, they can go through pipes, possibly. Another way would be to just walk. To get to other kingdoms/resorts, they use a plane as seen in SM Sunshine.
And in Superstar Saga.
Not to mention Mario uses a boat to reach Rogueport in TTYD.  Otherwise, Im pretty sure they use Warp pipes or walk.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #1336 on: August 19, 2007, 04:13:12 PM »
Don't forget that Mario can get power-ups that allow him to fly. And there are bean stocks.
What's your problem, Cambodian?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1337 on: August 19, 2007, 05:22:17 PM »
* Chupperson Weird invests in some bean stocks

Hopefully these will grow in a few years!
That was a joke.

« Reply #1338 on: August 19, 2007, 05:26:17 PM »
Bean stalks, maybe? XD

So, on the subject of transportation, how far are these locations from Mushroom Castle? Obviously, one could walk out the door of the Castle and reach Toad Town (the MK's main town), but where are areas like Dinosaur Land, Sarasa Land, Mario Land, Wario Stadium, etc.. in relation to Mushroom Castle?

Obviously, some of these locales are pretty close that they could walk, but what about others?

.. I guess they could go by pipe, too, if the road to the pipe isn't real dangerous..
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 05:27:51 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1339 on: August 19, 2007, 08:19:50 PM »
I've always thought Dinosaurland and Sarasaland were different continents neightboring the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario Land is Mario's "island of solitude" , which I'm assuming was turned into the theme park in Mario Party.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #1340 on: August 19, 2007, 09:06:06 PM »
Yes, I mean stalks. :/

« Reply #1341 on: August 19, 2007, 09:16:40 PM »
.. which I'm assuming was turned into the theme park in Mario Party.

That would make sense, since the boards in MP and MP2 closely resemble some of the areas from SML and SML2 (Western Land and World 1, Yoshi's Tropical Island and World 2, Mystery Land and World 3, Space Land and World 4 [probably a bit far-fetched]).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #1342 on: August 19, 2007, 09:20:55 PM »
Oh, I thought you meant the theme park in Super Mario Sunshine.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1343 on: August 19, 2007, 10:17:09 PM »
SML takes place in Sarasaland, not Mario Land.
That was a joke.

« Reply #1344 on: August 20, 2007, 09:51:03 AM »

Yeah SML2 took place in Mario Land.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

« Reply #1345 on: August 20, 2007, 06:29:48 PM »

Yeah SML2 took place in Mario Land.

I know, but MP and MP2 (mostly MP2) seem to borrow a lot from the SML games.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #1346 on: August 20, 2007, 07:05:36 PM »
I don't really see the MP series as part of the Mario series, it just seems like a different universe to me. :/

« Reply #1347 on: August 20, 2007, 07:14:13 PM »
Unless a game comes out and says This is a different universe/world/etc.. then I just assume that the spinoffs take place in the most current version of the Mario world (ie: Ricco Harbor appearing in Mario Power Tennis)

Mario Party 6 was one of those games that attempted to say that the MP world is different from the regular Mario world, but even if a game says it I don't always agree. We do not need a different universe for every series/spinoff to take place in.

~Lavender

• What is light urple?
« Reply #1348 on: August 21, 2007, 10:22:38 AM »
I have a question.....

Most people say the sports title's for Mario are spinoff's, so does that make it non-canon? I mean, it has nothing to do with the real storyline right? I always thought it was canon, now I feel sort of dumb, oh well. >_>

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1349 on: August 21, 2007, 11:46:09 AM »
They aren't, but Mariology's job seems to be to make a canon.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print